[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

1 hour ago, Khazar said:

Hi,

I have recently updated my KSP version to 1.05 (form 1.02), and all installed mods as well.
After loading save from 1.02, I got message "part kas.pipe1 is missing" (or something like that), and my most of my ships are deleted. (also most of ma crew perishes and most of my designs). I believe that with KAS update, parts got changed ( I think that what was 1 pipe in older version, now is split in two new parts). What can I do to prevent this from happening ? 

Maybe download the optional parts on the KAS download page.

Yes, that worked perfectly. Thanks for help. I didn't know that such a file exists. Are there any drawbacks of this solution ? Are these old parts just added or do they replace some of the new parts ?

Something blows up my mining station. When I tried to land a ship next to my mining station, it blew up every time I reached 2,3 km range. The game lagged and when it resumed entire base was gone. Every time. Flight log said that every part of base had overheated just before explosion. Starting form core unit. The station consisted of several smaller modules and one spaceship all connected with KAS pipes. Could it be possible that using old parts causes the explosion ? 

Edited by Khazar

On 01.01.2016. at 1:03 PM, Khazar said:

Yes, that worked perfectly. Thanks for help. I didn't know that such a file exists. Are there any drawbacks of this solution ? Are these old parts just added or do they replace some of the new parts ?

Something blows up my mining station. When I tried to land a ship next to my mining station, it blew up every time I reached 2,3 km range. The game lagged and when it resumed entire base was gone. Every time. Flight log said that every part of base had overheated just before explosion. Starting form core unit. The station consisted of several smaller modules and one spaceship all connected with KAS pipes. Could it be possible that using old parts causes the explosion ? 

I think you have encountered stock issue that is enhanced somehow due to various mod usages. Some players reported similar issue in FAR thread too.
Whenever two crafts get into physical range, some of ships is prone to explode. You might want to try switching between base and craft when both are in physical range to prevent this bug to happen.

Check out report in FAR thread, I'm not sure about exact order how to switch between crafts to prevent explosion.

• 2 weeks later...

I have encountered a weired bug when trying to build a convenient Rover-Loading System for my SSTO.

Before I have simply built my rover with a CC-R2 Connectorport on top. A Kerbal had to get out of my SSTO and hook a winch to it. Then I could lift the Rover upwards into an upsidedown cargo bay.

In order to get that working without a Kerbal I first tried to hook up Docking Port Jr.s and have the Rover dock autonomous, but they would block the winch from extending.

So I smacked on a CC-R2 Connectorport onto the winch (the same way it would be plugged in by a Kerbal) and slapped that Docking Port Jr. onto that. Now the Winch did extend and successfully dock with my rover. But unfortunately when I try to pull it up into the bay the physics break and the winch won't lock. The Rover starts shaking uncontrollably and only stops when I extend the cable to lower the rover.

As Mods I only have Editor Extensions, KAS and KIS installed.

On 16.01.2016 at 10:40 AM, Shadow dream said:

So I smacked on a CC-R2 Connectorport onto the winch (the same way it would be plugged in by a Kerbal) and slapped that Docking Port Jr. onto that. Now the Winch did extend and successfully dock with my rover. But unfortunately when I try to pull it up into the bay the physics break and the winch won't lock. The Rover starts shaking uncontrollably and only stops when I extend the cable to lower the rover.

Docks have a pretty tricky meshes: about 2/3 of the part's mesh is colliding with the parent part by design. It works fine when you just attach since no physics is checked but if you try to move it then then physics and colliders are checked. I may suggest to attach some other part to the CC-R2 (like FT-FL100) and then put the docking port on it. It will increase the mass but should stop port collider to trigger when the cable pulls up.

On 19.1.2016 at 3:36 AM, IgorZ said:

I may suggest to attach some other part to the CC-R2 (like FT-FL100) and then put the docking port on it. It will increase the mass but should stop port collider to trigger when the cable pulls up.

That tank is a little bit too large for my needs. That MK2 Cargo Bay is not that large after all ;-)

I have tried Octagonal Struts first, but they are quite long too. So instead I got one of those ring-tanks. It worked better since I could clip a little with it. This is what I got:

Link 1 - Link 2

But it still was not good enough! The Rover kept falling out off the ground - well the wheels did. It still was too tight! Next step was getting something even thinner: A battery! With some more clipping I could get this:

Link 3

It works flawlessly now! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible mod.I have a problem which i have not found a soultion to neither on the KIS or the KAS wiki. I want to attatch a rover to a winch on a unmanned lander, so when it lands, the winch lowers the rover to the ground, the rover does its mission, then the rover returns, gets winched back up again. It seems i cannot do this.I tried using connector ports, but they cannot undock like docking ports, so when the rover is lowered, i cannot release it then connect it again. Hooks and magnets do not work, since you cannot attatch anything in the VAB under the hook. A docking port blocks the winch. So is there anyway i can attatch something in the VAB, land, lower and release, return, attatch again and winch back up? If anybody knows how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks/Kiwi

Edited by FlyingKiwibird

1 hour ago, Shadow dream said:

Read my post above yours ;-)

You're welcome

I read it, i wil ldefinetly try it, and thank you for the response. If you don't mind, could you care to have a look at this video, where the guy uses KAS, but does not use a battery, but some other part that i see in some KAS tutorials, but cannot find in my parts? It starts at 14:40, if you look at the part between the winch and the rover, do you know what part it is, and where i could find it? I also saw it on the KAS wiki, but cannot find it in the mod. It would be very helpful, im new and have not been around long enough to know all the mods and where all parts are coming from. I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is the video

Cheers :)

Edited by FlyingKiwibird

7 minutes ago, FlyingKiwibird said:

I read it, i wil ldefinetly try it, and thank you for the response. If you don't mind, could you care to have a look at this video, where the guy uses KAS, but does not use a battery, but some other part that i see in some KAS tutorials, but cannot find in my parts? It starts at 14:40, if you look at the part between the winch and the rover, do you know what part it is, and where i could find it? I also saw it on the KAS wiki, but cannot find it in the mod. It would be very helpful, im new and have not been around long enough to know all the mods and where all parts are coming from. I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is the video

Cheers :)

That video is likely no longer valid.  That was before KIS came out and KAS became basically just a parts pack.  There were a number of KAS parts that were also depricated when KIS came out.

15 hours ago, Shadow dream said:

Read my post above yours ;-)

You're welcome

So i tried using differnt parts between the node and the Jr docking port. When i redock and try to lift up my rover, it just dissapears in to the part that the winsh is attatched to.  I Guess there is no way to fix this atm, since the meshes from the docking port break the physics when the winsh retracts its caple and it comes to close to the engine of the winsh. To the mod author, if you ever find time or desire to upgrade your mod, i think some form ''docking''capable small node for the winch would be an awesome edition. You could use it to create a real curiosity rover mission, without needing big docking ports, and there is alot of other potential. Again, awesome mod, keep up the great work.

/Kiwi

Is there a technical problem to having position snap with eva attachments?

I attempted to make a little mun buggy out of parts, but the thing wont work properly due to all the wheels being at slightly different heights, I thought the suspension would take care of minor differences but apparently not. 

4 hours ago, se5a said:

Is there a technical problem to having position snap with eva attachments?

I attempted to make a little mun buggy out of parts, but the thing wont work properly due to all the wheels being at slightly different heights, I thought the suspension would take care of minor differences but apparently not. 

It would be nice to have an ability to re-use the editor capabilities on the orbit but, unfortunately, it's not possible. All editing functions in EVA are re-implemented from the scratch in KIS. Technically it's possible to implement also a position snap (or a symmetry mode) but it would take a lot of efforts.

36 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

It would be nice to have an ability to re-use the editor capabilities on the orbit but, unfortunately, it's not possible. All editing functions in EVA are re-implemented from the scratch in KIS. Technically it's possible to implement also a position snap (or a symmetry mode) but it would take a lot of efforts.

Any chance for an offset gizmo? That would be useful to work around all sorts of issues.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

Are you able to articulate the difficulties of imlementing positional snap? 

On 2/1/2016 at 4:00 PM, ExplorerKlatt said:

It's a field in the part config. In-game, press ctrl-k for the settings screen. 

Note: Changing the settings in game in not persistent. 

Not for the eject force. There is a setting in the motor for how fast it lets cable out or pulls it in but not one for how hard it launches a harpoon or hook.

3 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

Not for the eject force. There is a setting in the motor for how fast it lets cable out or pulls it in but not one for how hard it launches a harpoon or hook.

Are you using the radial winch or the inline?

Pulled directly from radial winch part.cfg: 

ejectEnabled = true
ejectForce = 20
Edited by ExplorerKlatt

Can I have a request? Could you add a part that has the same functionality as the fuel pipe? Except bigger. The corridors you can see between modules on this picture. Just so we don't have to pretend that we are somehow magically 'liquifying' kerbals when transfering them through a base. Unless it's already possible, but I don't know how to do it?