[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

1 minute ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

I've utilized KIS/KAS in previous builds (1.05 etc.) and I was always able to access the inventory of containers... now I can't, the KIS inventory cases don't have an inventory any longer. There also used to be inventory in USI Base parts, and under the seats of my MK2 capsules... and the ability to place items there no longer exists.

In other words, when I right click on the KIS parts to open the inventory and place parts in their... NOTHING!

Are you trying to use this with the 1.1 pre-release?

2 minutes ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

Yes...I'm doing the 1.1 pre-release.

Well in case the thread titles were not dead giveaways, the following was posted literally one above yours in the KIS thread

Plain re-compilation for 1.1 didn't work so, investigation/refactoring efforts will be required. The issue is tracked here: https://github.com/KospY/KIS/issues/113. I'd estimate 1.1 support in 1.2.7.

22 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Well in case the thread titles were not dead giveaways, the following was posted literally one above yours in the KIS thread

You're right I didn't see it, because it wasn't listed as an edit in the OP... usually people put updates in the OP so you don't have to go through pages of a single thread.

1 hour ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

You're right I didn't see it, because it wasn't listed as an edit in the OP... usually people put updates in the OP so you don't have to go through pages of a single thread.

By the same token, there is always a flurry of activity surrounding a KSP update.  During these times it is highly beneficial to skim back a page or two as you will often find your answer before having to post.  And if you do post it is always better to include as much relevant information up front, especially what version of the game and the mod you are using.  That would have saved a ton of wasted effort.

8 hours ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

Right, it's also literally in the thread title too though. Only a 1.0.5 version is out, there's no guarantee it would work on anything past that.

Guys, those who are willing to help testing and fixing KAS for 1.1 please go to: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/136676-kiskas-for-11-alpha-testing/. Your efforts in testing mods and reporting bugs will be appreciated.

This thread still stays the main thread for KAS: everything that doesn't concern pre-release 1.1 issues should be posted here as usual.

Edited by IgorZ

1 hour ago, Grumman said:

@IgorZ The release pages for both KAS and KIS only have downloads for the source code, not the compiled mod.

Do you mean Github? If yes then it's intentional. The main (and only) source for the release files is Curseforge.

Edited by IgorZ

1 hour ago, BelgarionNL said:

luckily we have something like ckan because I try to avoid curseforge like the plague :)

thx for KAS!

CKAN, in fact, downloads KIS/KAS files from Curseforge :)

14 minutes ago, dewin said:

FWIW, the thread title still advertises 0.5.5 for KSP 1.0.5.  I saw the newer version on CKAN so popped over here to look.

IgorZ is the current maintainer and he doesn't have access to change the thread title. If you go to github, you can find the current 1.1 release.

kospy already publicly stated he has passed the reins over to IgorZ in his current absence, so it should be within rights for a moderator to update the thread titles/content

Edited by Gaiiden

KAS spams this in the log. I've pressed one of hotkeys for winch control.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KAS.KASAddonControlKey.UpdateGUIControl () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KAS.KASAddonControlKey.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Btw, is it possible to disable certain hotkeys? I don't have enough buttons on my keyboard for all mods. ;(

Edited by sashan