[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

7 minutes ago, Technolio said:

Absolutely, here you go. Tried testing the ports and winch on stock parts on the launchpad with a new engineer and same results unfortunately. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uADlLLldW4ZUZzUHhaUnlSeVU/view?usp=sharing

This save brought me in space center view. I need a save for the vessel you're testing.

Its not working for anything I build, so if you were able to make ports/winches work with anything you build on that save it would be different results from mine. Here is a link for the save for a sandbox mode I used for testing with the same results and the craft I was testing with. 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5uADlLLldW4aWN1ME9RNHBWcWc&usp=sharing Sorry for all the trouble and thanks so much for the help. Ive tried everything so far, removing all other mods, validating game data through steam, tried in both normal and 64-bit mode. The only thing I haven't done yet is completely reinstalling the game and mods plus your patch.

8 minutes ago, Technolio said:

Its not working for anything I build, so if you were able to make ports/winches work with anything you build on that save it would be different results from mine. Here is a link for the save for a sandbox mode I used for testing with the same results and the craft I was testing with. 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5uADlLLldW4aWN1ME9RNHBWcWc&usp=sharing Sorry for all the trouble and thanks so much for the help. Ive tried everything so far, removing all other mods, validating game data through steam, tried in both normal and 64-bit mode. The only thing I haven't done yet is completely reinstalling the game and mods plus your patch.

Here you go:

Spoiler

1TQ9PvO.jpg

Please, make screenshot of your gamedata folder. It works for me but not for you. Either we have different game setups or, well, use the game differently :)

@ss8913 @Tekener @adsii1970

Hey! Here is a release candidate. As far as my testing shows it solves all 1.1.3 issues. No oscillation dampening yet, sorry (though, I've created a FR).

Somebody, please, test it on orbit of Kerbin and Sun. I don't have save files with winches for such cases, and making ones would take time. I expect the force to be applied correctly regardless to the situation but just in case.

28 minutes ago, Megadeath said:

Removed all other mods, and started a new file to test. Probably should have mentioned the issue is persistent across all craft, and save games. Still unable to bring up a right click menu on the kas parts. New log file below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcib90zrqgnb25j/KSP.log?dl=0

I don't see anything bad in the logs. Can you open context menus of the other parts? Can you make a video demo of your behavior? And, by a chance, are you on a laptop?

Edited by IgorZ

Yep, context menu coming up fine for other parts. Wouldn't know how to make a video, but I'll look into that and give it a try. Since the context menus were working with the previous dll, albeit without the ability to grab, or eject winches, I might try switching back, and see if attempts to do that show more obvious trouble behaviour in the log.

Indeed on a laptop, and definitely nothing special either. Doesn't exactly run kerbal great, but well enough to play. I wouldn't have thought the poor quality equipment should produce such a limited and specific issue, but then I'm not the expert. Is that what you're thinking?

A search didn't turn up any extraneous dll files.

Edited by Megadeath

Okay, so oddly, switched back to the old dll and got the behaviour remained... :S To add more description, using "y" near the winch also won't grab it, and "p" doesn't bring up the gui. Ctrl+k bought up the debug, but initially only as a little square, dragging it elsewhere on the screen expanded it to a full window. Will link the files below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6gcuneubuw1g0m/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/enwgkfpcciz8coc/20160625210810_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0y41spe5uau2yjx/20160625210754_1.jpg?dl=0

15 hours ago, Megadeath said:

Indeed on a laptop, and definitely nothing special either. Doesn't exactly run kerbal great, but well enough to play. I wouldn't have thought the poor quality equipment should produce such a limited and specific issue, but then I'm not the expert. Is that what you're thinking?

In the past there were awkward issues with mouse/keyboard events on laptops. It's not a KAS issue, though.

15 hours ago, Megadeath said:

Okay, so oddly, switched back to the old dll and got the behaviour remained...

Logs say you have two KAS versions loaded:

[LOG 20:52:46.743] Load(Assembly): KAS/Plugins/KAS aa
[LOG 20:52:46.755] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\Plugins\KAS aa.dll
[LOG 20:52:46.967] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KAS' V0.5
[LOG 20:52:46.970] Load(Assembly): KAS/Plugins/KAS
[LOG 20:52:46.973] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\Plugins\KAS.dll
[LOG 20:52:47.233] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KAS' V0.5

The game loads any DLL as a plugin binary so, you need to change extension to prevent old versions from loading.

And I just figured out I haven't checked it in the previous log you provided. Now I did and here we go:

[LOG 20:04:14.749] Load(Assembly): KAS/Plugins/KAS Backup
[LOG 20:04:14.757] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\Plugins\KAS Backup.dll
[LOG 20:04:14.901] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KAS' V0.5
[LOG 20:04:14.905] Load(Assembly): KAS/Plugins/KAS
[LOG 20:04:14.908] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\Plugins\KAS.dll
[LOG 20:04:14.967] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KAS' V0.5

Indeed, you had two versions, and this is the problem. Please, ensure you have exactly one plugin DLL loaded, then run your tests.

Edited by IgorZ

Oh frabjous day! It works! 

Boy, do I feel dumb. When I put the new dll in, I changed the old ones name, but left it in place. As soon as it was properly replaced the game and mod returned to seemingly perfect functioning.

My most sincere and heartfelt gratitude IgorZ, for helping this bumbling fool.

Ok so I got mine fixed. I did two things, not sure which one fixed it but either one means I'm an idiot lol. I was originally putting the new KAS.dll in the GameData/KAS/Plugins folder where the original one was, I put another copy in the root GameData folder. Also I had a backup of the old .dll just in case but in the same  GameData/KAS/Plugins but I renamed it KAS-old.dll. I wouldnt think it would cause problems because I renamed it but I went ahead and deleted it just in case. So one of those things fixed it lol. Sorry for the stupid problem lol and thanks for all your help!

i know KAS isnt quite compatible with KSP v1.1.3 (well at least the winches) .. but i just wanna point out and report issues without beeing pushy

the log gives me this

[LOG 02:42:03.731] GrabHead(Winch) Grabbing part
[LOG 02:42:03.749] GrabHead(Winch) - Deploy head
[LOG 02:42:03.749] Deploy(Winch) - Return head to original pos
[LOG 02:42:03.749] Set head position to : (-0.2, 0.0, -0.2) | Rotation : (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)
[LOG 02:42:03.749] SetHeadToPhysic(Winch) - Create physical object
[LOG 02:42:03.749] SetHeadToPhysic(Winch) - KASModulePhysicChild do not exist, adding it...
[EXC 02:42:03.751] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'FlightGlobals.addPhysicalObject'.
	KAS.KASModuleWinch.SetHeadToPhysic (Boolean active)
	KAS.KASModuleWinch.Deploy ()
	KAS.KASModuleWinch.GrabHead (.Vessel kerbalEvaVessel, KAS.KASModulePort grabbedPort)
	KAS.KASModuleWinch.ContextMenuGrabHead ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

KAS_winche8011.png

hope this helps upgrading/improving tho

btw love KIS/KAS! (cant almost play without it LOL)

Edited by LatiMacciato
cant type <.<

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

i know KAS isnt quite compatible with KSP v1.1.3 (well at least the winches) .. but i just wanna point out and report issues without beeing pushy

the log gives me this

[LOG 02:42:03.731] GrabHead(Winch) Grabbing part
[LOG 02:42:03.749] GrabHead(Winch) - Deploy head
[LOG 02:42:03.749] Deploy(Winch) - Return head to original pos
[LOG 02:42:03.749] Set head position to : (-0.2, 0.0, -0.2) | Rotation : (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)
[LOG 02:42:03.749] SetHeadToPhysic(Winch) - Create physical object
[LOG 02:42:03.749] SetHeadToPhysic(Winch) - KASModulePhysicChild do not exist, adding it...
[EXC 02:42:03.751] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'FlightGlobals.addPhysicalObject'.
	KAS.KASModuleWinch.SetHeadToPhysic (Boolean active)
	KAS.KASModuleWinch.Deploy ()
	KAS.KASModuleWinch.GrabHead (.Vessel kerbalEvaVessel, KAS.KASModulePort grabbedPort)
	KAS.KASModuleWinch.ContextMenuGrabHead ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

KAS_winche8011.png

hope this helps upgrading/improving tho

btw love KIS/KAS! (cant almost play without it LOL)

This bug is one of 1.1.3 incompatibly issues. It's fixed in the patch which will be released soon in 0.5.9.

Edited by IgorZ

17 hours ago, IgorZ said:

@ss8913 @Tekener @adsii1970

Hey! Here is a release candidate. As far as my testing shows it solves all 1.1.3 issues. No oscillation dampening yet, sorry (though, I've created a FR).

Somebody, please, test it on orbit of Kerbin and Sun. I don't have save files with winches for such cases, and making ones would take time. I expect the force to be applied correctly regardless to the situation but just in case.

Nevermind, I've made a test setup and found out that winch head on the orbit still tries to fall on the Kerbin. Going to fix it.

3 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

so i can not transfer Recourse any more is it 1.1.3 incompatibility? (just making sure)  

I am experiencing this as well. We just have to be patient and very grateful for all the fantastic work the modding community is doing. I am sticking to 1.1.2 for now due to this. Postpone base building for now =).

My experience is as follows: I'm busy building an USI base. I connected a couple of modules usin Flex-o-tubes (big USI KAS pipes basically). Working as intended. The whole colony counts as one big structure. However I updated to KSP 1.1.3, and the colony is still connected and all is fine... BUT I tried to connect a new module tonight and I was able to link up the Flex-o-tube, but it didn't do anything. That is, the pipe is visible, but the colony and the new module still show as two seperate vessels and I cannot transfer crew or resources or anything. Also, when I switch to another scene and switch back the tube is gone. However if I take a kerbal over on EVA there is still the option to 'unlink', so it turned into a kind of ghost tube. All very peculiar.

This is not a complaint, just a reports. Maybe someone can make something of this. :)