[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Both Kiss and KAS are in here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

Setting up a image file share site will take time I'm going out soon.

The container, drill wrench are in gameplay I can add struts to the inventory and containers and attach a strut end to my ship that's in orbit but no option when I right click a strut. could this be broken by KW Rocketry which adds struts.

Edited by LMA

Q: so I have both KAS and KIS installed, ... when would I use the

Concrete Base from KIS

vs

Ground pylon from KAS?

is the Concrete base just the low tech version of the Ground Pylon, and once the pylon is available, the Concrete base is .. pretty much useless? or am I missing something?

After playing for a few months I have a reason to ask a question so here I am!! I created an unmanned drop module that would fly down from lower orbit and drop a rover on the surface via winch and a connector port (attached to the rover) and the drop module will never have to land...to do this I actually attach the winch end piece to the rover in lower orbit. The rover would still be attached to the launch rocket while the drop module is maneuvering to grab it. I EVA a kerbal to attache the winch to the rover's connector port. Then, every damn time, I decouple the coupler that attaches the rover to the rocket, the game crashes...just freezes and quits. Now I know that whomever answers this will need some specs of some kind to see what my issue is here but I do not know what you'll need to look at exactly as I am still pretty new to this. Let me know and then I can post whatever you'll need to look at and my mod list as well.

i thought so and understood the download link link for the old parts as a workaround - i'm no native speaker but the name "KAS v0.4 old parts for KAS v0.5 (optional)" insinuates it from my point of view, afaiu it, kospy built that download to allow the usage of savegames using old parts with the new KAS.

apparently, i am handling the files wrong or some additional config file entries have still to be done, so i'm wondering if any other users had the same problem and possibly a solution for it ?

hints are very welcome, thanks in advance if anybody can tell me if i did the install wrong or misunderstood anything.

in the meantime i am switching back to v0.4.10 that will get the job done until i finish my current Duna mission.

in any case, KAS is a great and essential mod, many thanks for updating it!

best regards,

martin

From your previous post it sounds like you installed the old parts wrong.

That did it.. Thanks for the heads up.. no need for attitude. I only look to update mods when they tell me they are out of date and that one never said it was.

The only reason it has caused some attitude is that

1. The OP clearly states the minimum version of KIS required, so it should be easy for people to check and ensure they have the proper minimum version.

2. Since the update there has been at least 1 post per page asking the same question as you, with the same answer being update KIS. Anyone taking a few seconds to read back should by now find the answer without needing to post.

Otherwise, glad you are working now.

That did it.. Thanks for the heads up.. no need for attitude. I only look to update mods when they tell me they are out of date and that one never said it was.

The sigh wasn't for you personally, it because you are the 19th person who has posted with this same issue before looking back over the last few pages to see the numerous similar reports and the solution provided to each of them.

(Yeah, I actually went back and counted them.)

no need for attitude.

What these guys said:

1. The OP clearly states the minimum version of KIS required, so it should be easy for people to check and ensure they have the proper minimum version.

2. Since the update there has been at least 1 post per page asking the same question as you, with the same answer being update KIS. Anyone taking a few seconds to read back should by now find the answer without needing to post.

The sigh wasn't for you personally, it because you are the 19th person who has posted with this same issue before looking back over the last few pages to see the numerous similar reports and the solution provided to each of them.

Hello. Has anyone found a solution how to build a crane delivery system now that there is no more stack connector? I was not able to find a solution yet to attach a payload to a winch in any form. Any hints are appreciated!

To clarify this a little, I had high hopes this might be a bug with the CPort, since you *can* put that on a winch, but you can then *not* attach anything to the connected CPort.

Edited by DaniDE

Both Kiss and KAS are in here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

Setting up a image file share site will take time I'm going out soon.

The container, drill wrench are in gameplay I can add struts to the inventory and containers and attach a strut end to my ship that's in orbit but no option when I right click a strut. could this be broken by KW Rocketry which adds struts.

Just to be sure; You are using KAS struts right, not the stock struts?

Just to be sure; You are using KAS struts right, not the stock struts?

To clarify, KAS struts has to be linked by an kerbal doing EVA, you can however place the connectors in VAB for future use.

Am I crazy (well, I am, but maybe not in this specific case) or did the right click on parts in VAB used to have a notation stating when something was KAS grabbable / attachable? Updated KAS and KIS.

Pics here: http://1drv.ms/1c5KVH2

Thanks!

It did when KAS had the inventory system, but since with KIS you can potentially grab any part it is kinda pointless to put that in the tool tip info.

It did when KAS had the inventory system, but since with KIS you can potentially grab any part it is kinda pointless to put that in the tool tip info.

Gotcha. So, for the record, you are saying I am not crazy and they can take the restraints off, right? Please--my kerbals need me! Lol! Thank you for the quick response and repped.

The only reason it has caused some attitude is that

Otherwise, glad you are working now.

(Yeah, I actually went back and counted them.)

What these guys said:

And it was absolutely necessary for 3 different people to say the exact same thing about 19 different people asking the same question? Seems a bit hypocritical, doesn't it?

Anyway. How difficult would it be to include all the old KAS EVA-attachable items in the EVA items list in the VAB/SPH, and either create a new group for the KAS winches and parts, or include those in the EVA group as well? At the moment they seem to be scattered all over the place. Also, the part mass of some parts seems a bit... heavy.

Anyway. How difficult would it be to include all the old KAS EVA-attachable items in the EVA items list in the VAB/SPH, and either create a new group for the KAS winches and parts, or include those in the EVA group as well? At the moment they seem to be scattered all over the place. Also, the part mass of some parts seems a bit... heavy.

The EVA items are items that are equip-able. To get them to show up there would give them unintended functionality.

Personally, I use the filter extensions mod. It changes the sort by manufacturers tab to display the mods currently installed.

And it was absolutely necessary for 3 different people to say the exact same thing about 19 different people asking the same question? Seems a bit hypocritical, doesn't it?

Not really, but nice try. 19 people wasted thread space by not bothering to either read the release notes, or take 30 seconds to look back on average 1 page. 3 people are pointing that out in an attempt to stem the tide. If those 3 posts stop just one person before they commit the same offense it was worth it.

The EVA items are items that are equip-able. To get them to show up there would give them unintended functionality.

Personally, I use the filter extensions mod. It changes the sort by manufacturers tab to display the mods currently installed.

Actually being in the EVA items category does not give them specific functionality. There are other parameters that deal with that.

That being said, Kospy was nice enough to include an old parts pack for backwards functionality. I certainly don't expect him to put much work into much else, considering they are parts he considers depricated.

You can use Notepad++ and about 60 seconds to add this to each part to put them in that category if you wanted.

MODULE

{

name = ModuleKISItem

editorItemsCategory = true

}

Oh did know that changed. I made a MM config that made the small science sensors useable on EVA by equipping them from a kerbal's inventory and they were added to the EVA items category.

That... is a brilliant idea. Someone should mod a Tricorder along those same principles!

Not really, but nice try. 19 people wasted thread space by not bothering to either read the release notes, or take 30 seconds to look back on average 1 page. 3 people are pointing that out in an attempt to stem the tide. If those 3 posts stop just one person before they commit the same offense it was worth it.

Actually being in the EVA items category does not give them specific functionality. There are other parameters that deal with that.

That being said, Kospy was nice enough to include an old parts pack for backwards functionality. I certainly don't expect him to put much work into much else, considering they are parts he considers depricated.

You can use Notepad++ and about 60 seconds to add this to each part to put them in that category if you wanted.

MODULE

{

name = ModuleKISItem

editorItemsCategory = true

}

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a shot. However, are you familiar with the term, "Toxic Community?" It doesn't matter if 19 people ask the same question; you bite their head off once and it discourages them from posting at all, which means no more bug reports, no more good communication of issues, all because you felt the need to reply to a comment in a less than directly helpful manner. I work in hospitality, I get asked the same damn question over and over every night. Just relax a bit, man. If you can't say something nicely don't say it at all, is all I'm saying.

Now, for my other issue, and before I get MY head bitten off, yes, I did verify that I am running the latest version of both KIS and KAS. I seem to be unable to radially attach KAS compatible parts (tested with the old KAS strut and with OKS Kerbitrail FlexOTubes) which is preventing me from linking my MKS base components. Any ideas on that?

Now, for my other issue, and before I get MY head bitten off, yes, I did verify that I am running the latest version of both KIS and KAS. I seem to be unable to radially attach KAS compatible parts (tested with the old KAS strut and with OKS Kerbitrail FlexOTubes) which is preventing me from linking my MKS base components. Any ideas on that?

How did you try attaching them?