[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

I have the same issue which is presumably associated withe the movement of the mass when you pump the fuel through the pipe.

I decided if I could get that close for a rendezvous then I might as well add docking ports to the ships to allow for fuel transfers.

The mini docking ports also work well a seperators without ejection force :cool:

No, my issue starts before I can begin pumping fuel. It's moving so wildly that I never have time to click on both fuel tanks.... it's utterly out of control. That having been said, cables require extra equipment... but it would solve my problem if you can indeed pump fuel through cables. You can right?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why does the "pump here" never work? Is there a dependency I need?

Probably been asked before somewhere in the three threads / 250 odd pages of posts about this cool mod... but it's not on the github FAQ...

Is it possible to connect *both ends* of cables in the VAB/SPH somehow? Sort of like using them as struts.

Probably been asked before somewhere in the three threads / 250 odd pages of posts about this cool mod... but it's not on the github FAQ...

Is it possible to connect *both ends* of cables in the VAB/SPH somehow? Sort of like using them as struts.

Nop, not possible. KAS works only in flight.

Hello everyone. Every time I install K.A.S. mod it always says sound file not found, please check KAS installation. I have completely uninstalled the game multiple times and I cant seem to fix the problem or know how to fix the problem. Anyone ever had the same issue?

Thanks!

I've seen a few videos where people have robots with feet that seem to attach to the ground. The part looks like a little orange thing with claws, but I can't see such a part anymore. Has it been removed?

I've seen a few videos where people have robots with feet that seem to attach to the ground. The part looks like a little orange thing with claws, but I can't see such a part anymore. Has it been removed?

It's called a Grappling Hook.

OK, I can get it to grapple if I don't adjust the scale using the tweakscale that comes with IR.

Unfortunately, the grappler also seems to mess up infernal robotics joints, which is something of a problem when trying to build robots, which is one of the main uses of the grappling hook!

Attempting to run a servo without the grappling hook works as expected, but with the grappling hook it resists the movement of the joint (even when the hook is not near the ground).

Gfycat demonstrates. The grappling hook is attached to the base of the "toe" on the far left of screen, the one between the camera and the launch clamp. Watch the IR joint at the "knee" not rotate the girder properly before the leg disintegrates.

http://gfycat.com/SevereElaborateIndianglassfish

The way the leg section spins after coming off makes me think the grappling hook is attracted to the ground even when the mech is floating in the air. Here's the spinning, it seems to be driven by the "pull" of the grappling hook on the broken toe:

http://gfycat.com/InsistentFlatBlacklemur

Edited by allmhuran

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I seem to have a odd issue with the fuel transfer, while in EVA I can not use fuel transfer, in fact not even the menu appears when I alt + right click any fuel tank. Now if I try to do the same but I am actually in the cabin of one of the connected ships the fuel menu works. Did anyone encounter this ?

Hi Everyone, I seem to have a odd issue with the fuel transfer, while in EVA I can not use fuel transfer, in fact not even the menu appears when I alt + right click any fuel tank. Now if I try to do the same but I am actually in the cabin of one of the connected ships the fuel menu works. Did anyone encounter this ?

Pretty sure fuel transfer is only within the active vessel.

The functional vs yes but my problem lays most likely with KAS fuel transfer, or may be KSP related, the issue after different permutation still persists, while I am in EVA I have no menus on right click for any fuel tanks.

The functional vs yes but my problem lays most likely with KAS fuel transfer, or may be KSP related, the issue after different permutation still persists, while I am in EVA I have no menus on right click for any fuel tanks.

That is a stock KSP limitation. You have to be controlling the vessel to move fuel around. You can use mods like TAC Fuel Balancer to move it automatically once the pipe is connected.

Is this shortcoming of KSP a result of 0.90 update? Because I used the same structures in 0.25 and previous and the fuel exchange between vessels worked just fine with KAS fuel pipe links, but since I am in EVA and I try to right click on a fuel tank it should at least show me the amount of fuel left but not even that window appears. First time I encounter something like this.

Yes, stock limiation. See KERT - Kerbal EVA resource transfer -- as its name, it enabled resource transfer while on EVA; I belive it was bundled with KAS at some point for some of the older versions?

Just my luck the mod was removed due to inappropriate behaviour of a community member. didn't saw this before :) Thanks a lot for the advice though!!!

Does anyone know of mods that are compatible with this?

I know the Endurance mod, Universal Storage, and Multipurpose colony modules for MKS/OKS are.

Any more?

Any more boxes as well?

Frankly I didn't encounter any mod yet that didn't work with KAS, I am using B9 Aerospace and others that introduce a lot of parts I have around 2500 plugins loaded and yet my KAS works smoothly:D

I have question: and i think the authors might just know.

Is it feasible to build(mod) a strut like the one you have but give it strength hysteresis.

The force opposing it being stretched or squashed from its original length is larger than the force when it restoring.

Force is a function of not only its delta from original length but direction of motion?

OR (equivalently) force is function of position, but there is also second force opposing all lengthening or shortening (think oil shocker)

Doing that will create a damper. yay!

rationale

The physics sim when in space, sometime gets the shimmy's then the station shakes itself to bits.

The backend simulator does not impose a constraint that energy is conserved. and round off errors can accumulate.

A part such as the above would allow you to dissipate energy (vibrational) by design.

Eg of shimmkeis being a bleh, game experience gotcha (sneak attack of the drop bears)

I know stuff blowing up is fun, the first few times, surprise shimmies gets a tad annoying..

I had an experience where I built thing (light weight tower/rack) from octo struts(massless) the added solar panels.

When I extended the panels while parked on minmus surface it auto exploded when it got the shimmies.

Even lots of KAS struts seemed just to change the resonant harmonics

Some damper in the pipes would make them usuable in space. without insane close proximity parking and at least 1 light ships.

(yeah winch ropes double zero force pipes, without a pump to here which is just fine)

(as a game choice, auto explode from using pipes, which at first blush looks like how to do fuel transfer seems needlessly cruel to new players?)

(perhaps space exploration is meant ot have such try and fail dead and as a game experience? I dunno. But i do want a damper.)

(google was not friend. this was not the shocker/strut I was looking for. http://th100084453.fm.alibaba.com/product/100041419-0/Shock_Absorber.html)

Edited by Onchyophora
joke