[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

On 3/9/2016 at 7:08 PM, IgorZ said:

I noticed this issue couple of times on the new version so, I'd say it's not fixed. Interesting thing here is that if you restart the game and reload the save file, there will be no issue :( So far I was unable to reproduce it stably: on the same save file it may or may not happen. If you manage to come up with reproducing steps on a clear game setup then fixing the issue would be much more easy.

I'm getting ready to build another station like the one that was having the issue.  I'll try and take some notes on what exactly I was doing and see if I can recreate it.  I'll try making a save and copying it elsewhere before undocking too just in case.  

2 hours ago, tmccreight651 said:

i can has space elevator?

Not quite. The cable is not infinite in length. Also the physics distance is too great, you won't have a landed craft and orbiting craft loaded at the same time.

I was massing around with my mun base a little bit ago and had something disturbing occur. After loading in all my IR Robotic parts that were attached to my base for no reason detached and moved over about 10 feet. here are 2 pics. 

wlBX6hU

Any idea what caused it? Oh and it was only the ones with the KAS pipes on them. My mun buggy and the recycler along with the fuel storage are perfectly fine. gAskQpn

Edited by TrHollywood

11 hours ago, TrHollywood said:

I was massing around with my mun base a little bit ago and had something disturbing occur. After loading in all my IR Robotic parts that were attached to my base for no reason detached and moved over about 10 feet. here are 2 pics. 

wlBX6hU

Any idea what caused it? Oh and it was only the ones with the KAS pipes on them. My mun buggy and the recycler along with the fuel storage are perfectly fine. gAskQpn

Pics?

22 hours ago, TrHollywood said:

wlBX6hU

Try loading the latest good save file. Then check the debug logs (Alt+F12, choose "Debug" tab) for warnings and errors. If there are any then please post them here. IR is known to be incompatible with KIS/KAS but so far problems were showing up only when attaching/detaching an IR part.

On 3/19/2016 at 11:06 PM, IgorZ said:

Try loading the latest good save file. Then check the debug logs (Alt+F12, choose "Debug" tab) for warnings and errors. If there are any then please post them here. IR is known to be incompatible with KIS/KAS but so far problems were showing up only when attaching/detaching an IR part.

I will try and find it again. i just rebuilt it as i still had the ability to mine and get ore.

Ok i just had it happen again and the only warning i got was 

[Warning]: [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

Edited by TrHollywood
update info

Any tips on how to make custom winches? I have that crane in the ship I'm modeling now, and I want it to be working.
Would also be nice to have the model for winch connector and its mount - at least in Unity.

On 3/19/2016 at 10:51 PM, TrHollywood said:

I will try and find it again. i just rebuilt it as i still had the ability to mine and get ore.

Ok i just had it happen again and the only warning i got was 

[Warning]: [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

I see this warning frequently too but it never resulted in such a weird behavior. Though, it doesn't mean it's not the reason. Btw, how exactly you have constructed your base? Did you assemble all the parts in VAB or using KIS/KAS on the ground?

I love this mod and have been using it for ages. After not having played KSP for about nine months, I came back to it recently and I'm not sure if some functions of the base game or KAS have changed. Previously, I linked a Karbonite refinery and a fuel shuttle on the Mun with pipes. I'd activate the pump function and the refinery would pump the fuel it produced to the shuttle via the pipes. But that doesn't seem to work anymore. If the fuel tanks attached directly to the refinery are full, the converter stops, even if there are empty tanks attached via KAS.

Does anyone know if this genuinely doesn't work or if this might be a specific bug with my game?

7 hours ago, SyrusDrake said:

I love this mod and have been using it for ages. After not having played KSP for about nine months, I came back to it recently and I'm not sure if some functions of the base game or KAS have changed. Previously, I linked a Karbonite refinery and a fuel shuttle on the Mun with pipes. I'd activate the pump function and the refinery would pump the fuel it produced to the shuttle via the pipes. But that doesn't seem to work anymore. If the fuel tanks attached directly to the refinery are full, the converter stops, even if there are empty tanks attached via KAS.

Does anyone know if this genuinely doesn't work or if this might be a specific bug with my game?

Works just fine for me:

Spoiler

Zz0MB6g.jpg?1

8 hours ago, SyrusDrake said:

IIRC, Karbonite converters follow stack flow rules. This means that fuel lines should be pumping to the converter not the fuel tanks. 

In other words, try switching which pipe end you have "pump here" on. 

3 minutes ago, njmksr said:

Just wondering, can Kerbals grab winches?

Yes, they can grab the end of a winch and carry it around. This is useful if you want them to connect the winch into a socket on another craft, or you can use it as an EVA tether so your Kerbal can't drift away.

3 hours ago, Grumman said:

Yes, they can grab the end of a winch and carry it around. This is useful if you want them to connect the winch into a socket on another craft, or you can use it as an EVA tether so your Kerbal can't drift away.

So, can I use it to evacuate Kerbals with a helicopter?

1 hour ago, Darkstar616 said:

Requesting 1.1 pre-release update.

This is a bit entitled. 1.1 pre release hasn't even been out 24 hours yet. The GUI for this mod will likely have to be rewritten. It could very easily take several weeks to update this to 1.1. 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

1 minute ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

This is a bit entitled. 1.1 pre release hasn't even been out 24 hours yet. The GUI for this mod will likely have to be rewritten. I could very easily take several weeks to update this to 1.1. 

In his defense he probably has no knowledge of programming and doesn't realize how much more some mods were affected than others.

5 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

This is a bit entitled. 1.1 pre release hasn't even been out 24 hours yet. The GUI for this mod will likely have to be rewritten. I could very easily take several weeks to update this to 1.1. 

Waitwaitwait, alot of the mods even with GUIs were updated rather fast.

15 minutes ago, Ghosty141 said:

Waitwaitwait, alot of the mods even with GUIs were updated rather fast.

Just drop it dude. Mods are not products. Therefor to place expectations of Instant updates on something that was free, is rather ludicrous. Devs are people that mod in there spare time. And comments like those, make them pack up shop and stop developing a mod all together.

Give the devs some time. Besides 1.1 is a "pre release" why would you expect them to provide mods for something that will not be playable in a week or two?