what was the most important version?

ratchet9868

I would say .18: Docking, the resources framework (which made stuff like TAC/Interstellar/Kethane/Karbonite possible) the modern models, electricity, maneuver nodes, close approach indicators, intakeair, fairings.

I agree with this, 0.18 added a whole ton of features to the game. Maneuvers in orbit became a whole lot easier to plan and execute, action groups made ships more manageable, electricity added another dimension to design, orbital construction became possible with docking, and everything got a whole lot better looking.

After that, probably 0.12 (The Mun!), 0.14 (Persistence!) and 0.7.3, the release that started the whole thing.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

0.18 hands down! The hype that Squad built up leading to it's release was crazy. Back in the good 'ole days of Captain Skunky and Damion. :)

At the time I didn't think it could live up to the hype, but it certainly did! Though there was some disappointment about docking not permitting crew transfer without EVA, an issue that will be resolved Soon.

0.18 is hard to argue with. Just about everything that made for more elaborate missions (docking, probes, electricity, differentiated resources, maneuver nodes, action groups, the LV-N engine) first appeared in 0.18. It was also when KSP got more atmospheric since that was the first version with music.

0.18 is hard to argue with. Just about everything that made for more elaborate missions (docking, probes, electricity, differentiated resources, maneuver nodes, action groups, the LV-N engine) first appeared in 0.18. It was also when KSP got more atmospheric since that was the first version with music.

The LV-N Engine was 0.17 when interplanetary travel became common with the addition of the new planets.

If we're including future versions I'll go with 1.0. ;)

I hope we never get there!

Software development rules*:

1. Version 1 is 'feature complete'
  2. Version 1.5 works
  3. Version 1.8 includes the things that should have been in version 1 but were too difficult
  4. Version 2 (the developer's cut) includes the things that should have been in version 1 but were too expensive
    • Version 2 (the developer's cut) is never implemented

[*]Version 2 (marketing) is version 1.8.1

• Version 2 (marketing) is only implemented if there's no more money to be milked from version 1.8

[* Except EA, who will sell you an empty box and each real feature as an add-on]

Edited by Pecan
Oops - BBCode caught me again

0.18. Hate to be a broken record but that update is the model for how an update should go IMO. It changed the way we played the game, and moved the state of the game forward (not sideways). After that, I would say that this update (0.24) is the best one, and for the same reasons.

.13 because that's when I started playing the demo :3. I thought I joined the forum then but apparently not as I needed to create a new account when I bought it at .21.

EDIT: Did the forum crash/deletion thing that happened a while ago delete everyone's accounts and was it after .13? Because if so, I've had an account ever since .13 demo...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I would have to say persistance (.14) without it we wouldn't have many of the things we use today such as docking, eva, spacestations, multiple crew, multiple command pods, large debris fields, and anything existing outside of a 2.5 radius from your ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.