[1.0.2] RKE On-screen Joystick (and Fine Keyboard Controls) v1.2.1 - May 11

spudbean

Hah! I usually play WITH a joystick, but sometimes I travel and don't have it with me. I'll give it a try, I pretty much just fly with trim but this seems like a much better solution! Actually, scratch that, is there any way you might also consider a way to set trim more easily? Being able to quickly adjust it would be really helpful when I do have a joystick available.

Edited by Hyomoto

Actually, scratch that, is there any way you might also consider a way to set trim more easily.

You can set trim by using ALT. Either by holding ALT when clicking in the RKE Joystick window, or by holding ALT when in HUD mode. Let me know if that doesn't work the way you would want, or if you have any other feedback :)

It's nowhere near as natural as flying with a joystick but it gives that extra control I want that flying with the trim doesn't provide and for the record, the trim setting is EXACTLY what I wanted, it's awesome you can simply tap ALT while holding the stick to set trim. Fantastic implementation. I also really like how the stick holds to the center lines just enough to keep you from wobbling. Not as good as an actual joystick but much more enjoyable than the keyboard! The only thing I saw that might use a bit of adjustment is I think the UI could use some transparency. I sort of want to place it on top of the nav ball or just below the craft, it has a more accurate feel that way, and it would be nice if it didn't fully obscure whatever is behind it.

Edited by Hyomoto

The only thing I saw that might use a bit of adjustment is I think the UI could use some transparency. I sort of want to place it on top of the nav ball or just below the craft, it has a more accurate feel that way, and it would be nice if it didn't fully obscure whatever is behind it.

Oh, that's a good idea. I'll add it to my TODO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.