How did you get your username?

Whirligig Girl

On 4/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, adsii1970 said:

even SubSim

Waaaaaa.....?

That's a type VII Sturm my avatar is peering from....   It's a Torplexed special drawing.

I just starting using Gargamel as a callsign/handle in the early 90's when I was gaming online, it just stuck.   It's getting harder to use it in new games though, it's fairly common. 

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Waaaaaa.....?

That's a type VII Sturm my avatar is peering from....   It's a Torplexed special drawing.

I just starting using Gargamel as a callsign/handle in the early 90's when I was gaming online, it just stuck.   It's getting harder to use it in new games though, it's fairly common. 

Had a feeling it was a sub... :D.

And here I thought it was because you either hate the Smurf or you study Jewish mysticism... :) 

On 4/9/2018 at 7:46 AM, adsii1970 said:

adsii are my initials, all lower case. And 1970 is the year I was hatched from an egg. Had to be -- for many reasons.

A: you have five initials?

B: I would like to know if that is physically possible with late 60's technology.

1 hour ago, Kernel Kraken said:

A: you have five initials?

B: I would like to know if that is physically possible with late 60's technology.

A: Nope. Instead of naming me Junior, my parents did me a favor and named me II (Roman numeral for 2); so in my user name, I use two lower case Roman numerals, ii.

B. My mother informed me on my 14th birthday that I was the biggest regret she had in life. Her and my father had been married for three years when I was born; she discovered she was pregnant with me after he had been gone a couple of months on his second tour in Vietnam. From that day  she told me until 1988, when she completely shut me out of her life, she never forgot to remind me of how much a disappointment I was to her. So... the longstanding joke I tell folks is I must have been hatched. :) 

Edited by adsii1970

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Uhhh..

Ok, so I suck at multi-tasking. Talking on the phone, answering a daughter's question, eating a corn dog AND answering a forum question at the same time... :D Oh, it's corrected now...

23 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Had a feeling it was a sub... :D. 

And here I thought it was because you either hate the Smurf or you study Jewish mysticism... :) 

I see your new over there.  Well welcome aboard there.   We actually have a KSP thread in the general games section.  Started back in mid '12, so there's a lot of history to see in it. 

• 7 months later...

[snip]

My original name is "Gustone" (you can see it on kerbalx and... somewhere else), which as i could remember, was my second minecraft name (first was "Gaze", "Gustone" was insipred by "Gaston"...)

Gapone was invented after I named one of my planes "GAP Airways Sanhord", just because I do not want to be named the same everywhere.

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2019 at 3:16 AM, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

...it was a combination of my terrible luck at sports (i broke my wrist playing TENNIS) and KSP.

You sure you're that bad at Sports ???

• 1 year later...

I didn’t want to start a new thread and this was the only close to relevant topic about usernames, I just wanted to say that I once thought about changing my name, but I’m too attached to Hanson now. Too bad it’s so outdated tho...

• 11 months later...

I've been interested in Mars since I was a kid, and I was an aerospace engineering major in Virginia Tech when I started playing KSP.

• Anyone who knows me well who comes across this forum might figure out "Mars-Bound Hokie" is me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.