How did you get your username?

Whirligig Girl

Avera9eJoe said:
@GregroxMun, you play spore?!?

GreGROXMun

I don't anymore, but It still holds a good four years of my heart. Anyway, the picture is showing Spore derailing a HypeTrain.

My Spore name is Gregrox. Mun was obviously added when I joined KSP.

The name came from me having the Spore demo and REALLY wanting to use the Sporebase Grox Hack. When I came home from school, my Dad had already gotten me and set up my Spore account, I had no choice in the name.

Edited by GregroxMun

My user name is still from the old internet times (15 years+ back) when everyone only had "dial up" modems with 33 "kBaud" or 56 "kBaud" and thus usually a ping of 200ms++ to any "regional" game server you connected. I used to play "Counter Strike" in that times, when I still was a young teen. And we envied those with "ISDN" connection and a ping of only 60ms. Gosh ... Years fly by. :confused:

I just wanted to be a celestial object. If I had known I couldn't have easily changed my name, I would have chosen something more substantial... or... you know.... predicting my personality. If I had joined in July this year, I would have made my username to be something along the lines of my weird personality, which we would all regret.

Randomness one day. 'Nuff said.

My username actually evolved somewhat over the years. My original was FCICRAZYGUY (yes, all caps), but it evolved into FCICrazyGuy, then FCISuperGuy (my current username on the forum), then fcisuperguy (all lowercase) as my newest one.

I really like to imagine that the galaxy is teeming with plant life. (and other life too, but who doesn't love plants? And no, no one's saying they'll actually be green on other planets.) Actual wording inspired by Arthur C. Clarke, specifically the Greening of Europa from 2010.

Basically I just love plants and galaxies and alliteration, so there we have it. :sticktongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine come from this script:

{ "$CONFIG" #5b15h
#18536h #619BCh
{ #621ECh #63B46h }
"3: Processing $HIDDEN"
#1247Bh
"$HIDDEN" #5B15h
#1853Bh #61AD8h
{
#20BE0h
#3188h
#62C69h #8C4Ah
}
#55E9h
#1AC93h #18779h #631f5h
#61305h #55E9h #60F33h
#73DBh
#5182Fh #61318h
# 31ACh #644A3h
#63EC5h #3258h
{ #63001h #52FAh
#60FACh #E4DEh
}
#7334h
}

Weird ? *shrug*

mine has an uninteresting origin story...

i thought up Helix (for the shape of dna which is a double helix not the helicopter) when i was in the shower

the 935 part came from when i tried to use it as a username the first time and it was too short and i was playing COD zombies at the time

sometimes i would have a triple or tri in my user when i am on other accounts as to show that my dna is evolved

I got a car with a rooftop window with broken seals, so when it rains i got mostly wet seats. One day, after we "eaten a sandwitch" ,during a coversation about my wet seats I said, "I don't want to know which fungus, mushrooms or other weird cultures are living in the wet biotope".. he replied, in this car, there only one "weird culture" is living... well....

One year for NaNoWriMo I had a great idea for a story. The Apocalypse (Capital A. And T for good measure) is about to start but because of reasons the original 4 Horsemen were not enough to bring it about. So, Fate (capital F) bestowed upon a mortal the vaunted guise of the Fifth Horseman Of The Apocalypse.

His name was Steve. He worked in the IT department and spent his Fridays surfing the web and eating TV dinners.

The story never went anywhere but the name stuck.

I was studying Ancient Rome a year ago and I wanted a casual internet name (At the time all I was called was Phoenix Gaming), and so I chose Augustus as a name.

And on here my name has underscores because someone took the normal name..

Did I use the word "name" too much? :P

Edited by _Augustus_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the tent that I used to take to bush raves, I had painted on the door in glow in the dark paint "not all those who wander are lost". It's a Tolkien quote, made it easy to find my tent in the dark, and became something of a personal motto (I had a somewhat disreputable youth and I'm an outdoorsy sort, so it fits in several ways).

When the internet came along, I started a blog titled "Lostwanderfound". That later got shortened to Wanderfound as my usual online name, although I occasionally go by Doc Rattus instead (yes, I'm a doctor [1], and my thesis research was based around working with rats).

[1] No, not a physician, a real doctor: PhD.

It's my birthday, of borg. started as my email address sometimes in 2003 or 4, when I made gmail acc.

Other than that, I go by Zygot sometimes, IRL. (Master of Orion 1 is to blame. When we first started playing it, I grabbed psilons, computer offered that, and since my brothers and some friends were there, it stuck)