[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Thanks for your hard work, it works well. I did try it and after some fiddling with my other mods I got it working. I did have some questions, now I do have KSP Interestellar on my install also. are the turbine engines supposed to over heat so easily when after burners are applied? If so, can the SABRE engine pre-coolers be used to stop them from over heating so easily. I love the new MDF, and I'll have to read Chris' manual because well it's complex lol! Just like when I updated to the experimental build of firespitter, it broke all my aircraft since they all had b9 parts. No problem, and I expected that to happen.

When using KSPI, putting a precooler attached to your air intakes will keep the engines cooler

I know this was brought up in the dev thread, but are there any plans for a 2x2 cargo bay without the dividers? Seems kind of a waste to have such a huge open space that can't fit anything larger than what the 2x1 bay can hold.

I know this was brought up in the dev thread, but are there any plans for a 2x2 cargo bay without the dividers? Seems kind of a waste to have such a huge open space that can't fit anything larger than what the 2x1 bay can hold.

Dock from the front, we don't want free-floating panels, and splitting up the endcap supports would mean creating new geometry.

I downloaded the Deprecated file to keep my old ships up and running, but I thought I heard once I had "Converted" my ships to the new I shouldn't need it anymore. Is that as simple as unlocking the parts in the R&D section for my save and then deleting the deprecated config? Trying to clean up the part clutter a bit, and the old deprecated is throwin' m'groove off! Any tips?

Install deprecated parts, convert the craft to the new parts (some will be broken regardless), delete deprecated.

convert the craft to the new parts (some will be broken regardless), delete deprecated.

If I've got some crazy ridiculous ship in orbit that runs off of old B9 parts it's pretty much going bye bye regardless then, yeah?

Seriously awesome job guys! All the little details are awesome, feels like I'm playing a different game!

Anyway I was just wondering if ALL of the components that can carry fuel have the "FSFuelSwitch" module? I'm thinking I can write a blanket MM patch that removes that module from all parts and then adds a real fuels structural tank to all parts that had that module unless I'm missing something.

Awesome, it's great to have B9 back and being updated again. I love the HL cockpit IVA and RPM system.

I noticed that the landing gear have been updated, but when I tried them out they still do some of the 'b9 wobble'. It's not as bad as before, but they are certainly not as stable as stock landing gear still.

Also, I'd like to suggest the addition of a MK1 cargo bay. It would be nice to have one for those little planes carrying probes :)

I noticed that the landing gear have been updated, but when I tried them out they still do some of the 'b9 wobble'. It's not as bad as before, but they are certainly not as stable as stock landing gear still.

I think the grip is in a good place now - I need to mess with the suspension some more.

Also, I'd like to suggest the addition of a MK1 cargo bay. It would be nice to have one for those little planes carrying probes :)

Not gonna happen.

MK2 is as low as we like to go.

The Mk1 parts are only there because they're useful as components on larger planes, and the stock parts look awful.

I think the grip is in a good place now - I need to mess with the suspension some more.

So when the gear bounce from side to side at high speed, that is intended? Even though stock gear is completely immune from this?

BTW, I am also having a problem with the gear phasing through the ground on time warp.

The phasing through the ground problem is most apparent if you start a craft with gear up, let it sit on the ground, the try to lower gear. The gear will just pass through the ground and your vehicle will not be movable. During time warp, gear will also drop through the ground.

The former is common with stock gear as well but the latter, I do not usually see.

I tested this on the runway.

Oh, also on the suggestion list: ability to disable the RCS ports in the SPH, at least for the cockpits that have RCS. The RCS on cockpits makes balancing RCS using tools such as RCS Build Aid incredibly difficult. I normally disable the cockpit RCS in flight but having it on in the SPH renders RCS Build Aid useless. In the past I even stopped using the S2 cockpit because of its RCS ports. Later on my solution was to just delete the RCS ports from the config.

Cockpit RCS ports look really cool, but they are far from practical.

Edited by sumghai
Consolidated consecutive replies by the same poster

Oh, also on the suggestion list: ability to disable the RCS ports in the SPH, at least for the cockpits that have RCS. The RCS on cockpits makes balancing RCS using tools such as RCS Build Aid incredibly difficult. I normally disable the cockpit RCS in flight but having it on in the SPH renders RCS Build Aid useless. In the past I even stopped using the S2 cockpit because of its RCS ports.

Cockpit RCS ports look really cool, but they are far from practical.

Ask Squad.

Found it! The little box just left of the reactor after the triangle joint! Very well hidden!

And btw, that means the big cockpit is still being worked out, right? Didn't have time to read the whole thing :P

When using KSPI, putting a precooler attached to your air intakes will keep the engines cooler

Play with the tweakables, you will see that the divider can be removed with the 3rd or 4th tweak-menu item down, I believe.

Chris has just posted a very nice manual for the MFDs used in the new IVAs, check it out:

https://bitbucket.org/Taverius/b9-aerospace/wiki/Multi%20Function%20Display%20Manual

I see absolutely no reason to add it, computer cores never get to that size and you can attach existing probe cores to the HX surfaces in literally hundreds of good-looking and logical ways.

You can also stick a probe core on the inside of one of the HX Sized hollow parts. If you are building a cargo bay into your part, a good place to put it is between the in-cargo-bay docking port and the wall.

I understand building it into an SAS under the thought that the vast majority of it is the SAS wheel, but I agree that there is no reason to do this.

Ok landing gear now have the grip of none... my craft slide sideways sitting still on the runway.

Also the SABRE engines overheat WAY to fast with DRE. I can sit on the runway and throttle up to 100% and they will burn up and explode in less than 10 seconds.

Edited by sumghai
Consolidated consecutive replies by the same poster