[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Here are some pictures of a plane

http://imgur.com/a/WWB18#0

What I mean is the style of engine intake mount like on the plane in this album.

You can clearly see it on the outside pictures.

I have no idea how to do this as I just do not see any parts of this shape as well as any parts that will go inside the wing not just stick on top.

Sorry just noticed the reply on this question.

I can see the engine intake cone and the compressor precooler part right behind it.

But what about the next part that goes into the wing?

Also as far as I can remember that some of the interiors had head up guidance systems but they do not have them now while sometimes you can see the place in the cockpit where it would fit just right. Is it supposed to be this way?

Edited by Kitspace

We've gotten tired of seeing all B9 part planes with stock engines "because they're better" when they're actually just incredibly overpowered, stock turbojets are just silly.

Shouldn't you balance your stuff against stock rather than balancing stock for 'realism' in a game which is by its very nature unrealistic?

I generally think that playing with real life performance is much more challenging and interesting and makes some sense not to mention that it is easier sometimes.

People want more realism than the stock game has to offer and that is what the mods are supposed to in my opinion.

Also you have lots of unrealistic kerbal mods if you want.

Again all that is just my opinion.

Pwings does have some wingtips, when not using those I usually use winglets. You should probably get Pwings anyway though, it goes real nice with this pack and helps to avoid part count bloat and wings snapping off large craft :)

Hey Chris, I just found this cool idea for a new RPM screen for helping with descents. I think it would fit right along with b9's design and current awesome IVA experience.

You can find it here - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93061-Shuttle-Style-Descent-Guidance-Display-%28RPM-%29?p=1398452#post1398452

When reading it I immediately thought of you guys. The man only needs help with the programming.

Does anybody know anything on the intake question?

These look really nice and I have a plane with such design in my mind but no idea how to do it.

Are there any thinner modular wing parts? Thick wing root parts do not fit well on some fuselages.

If I use the modular wings how to attach them to each other to minimize wobbling and chances of disintegration under loads?

We've gotten tired of seeing all B9 part planes with stock engines "because they're better" when they're actually just incredibly overpowered, stock turbojets are just silly.

I really think a part mod should not break stock crafts. Anyway, thanks for making it it easy to remove.

Sigh, spent the last 5 hours with V5 building this SSTO. Installed V5r2 and it gained 500+T and half the parts are no longer right clickable.....

Are you using realfuels? I know when I use any of the included .craft files, they exibit at least the right-click behavior with realfuels enabled, though if you leave and re-enter the sph (by launching or going back to the ksc), everything becomes right-clickable again, though the tanks still act weird. This is even with the b9 config in realfuels disabled (only prevents doubling of some tweakable menu items).

Are you using realfuels? I know when I use any of the included .craft files, they exibit at least the right-click behavior with realfuels enabled, though if you leave and re-enter the sph (by launching or going back to the ksc), everything becomes right-clickable again, though the tanks still act weird. This is even with the b9 config in realfuels disabled (only prevents doubling of some tweakable menu items).

No, im using MFT, sadly removing it will kill about 30 Kerbals on missions.... I tested it on a backup and was able to load V5 craft just fine but without MFT I had alot of unhappy Kerbals in Space.

Edit.

Removing the new B9 MFT in the B9 folder also fixes it. So I guess no B9 MFT for me atm.

Edited by Donziboy2

I really think a part mod should not break stock crafts. Anyway, thanks for making it it easy to remove.

We don't mod for you - we mod for us. We like realistic planes, the stock engines are utterly broken, therefore we fixed them.

Up to you what you do with it, but if you want unrealistic parts, this is probably the wrong pack. Bar the HX stuff this is all very much down-to-earth stuff.

No, im using MFT, sadly removing it will kill about 30 Kerbals on missions.... I tested it on a backup and was able to load V5 craft just fine but without MFT I had alot of unhappy Kerbals in Space.

Edit.

Removing the new B9 MFT in the B9 folder also fixes it. So I guess no B9 MFT for me atm.

If you could find out which part it is that causes the issues, that would be awesome. Its a 1300-line file and somewhat hard to debug.

Is the todays update supposed to work with the Real Fuels?

That is a change that I noticed straight away.

Very preliminary, but yes.

http://imgur.com/a/WWB18#0

How to make the engine intake nacelle mounts like on this plane in the pictures?

Open up the stock craft and look? The TR-7, the BRV-4 and the HDCV all use that method.

Mk1 tail surface attached to wing -> SABRE precooler -> sabre intake. You'll need Part Angle Display (link in readme) to make them point the right way, 5 degrees rotation isn't fine enough.

If you could find out which part it is that causes the issues, that would be awesome. Its a 1300-line file and somewhat hard to debug.

Thats the thing it was affecting multiple parts.

Every part on that craft that had a FS tank set before update was broken, everything that had no tank set was fine.

I will have to reinstall the MFT file and try to get more info.

Thats the thing it was affecting multiple parts.

Every part on that craft that had a FS tank set before update was broken, everything that had no tank set was fine.

I will have to reinstall the MFT file and try to get more info.

I see. It might just be the case that its a bad idea to switch between 2 different tank-switching plugins mid-game.

You 'fixed' the stock engines because they're unrealistic while simultaneously introducing silly sci-fi engines?

The HPD1 only looks sci-fi, bar the fluff text its just 2 normal engines in one, and with a higher penalty for being multi-mode than the rapier has.

You 'fixed' the stock engines because they're unrealistic while simultaneously introducing silly sci-fi engines?

There is only one sci-fi engine in the whole pack (which, I should add, is entirely balanced in line with realistic Apollo-era KW engines, even to the point of being less efficient then those), so yes, every single engine in the pack is realistically balanced.

Edited by bac9

Stock configs are often insanely sloppy and have very little thought put into them, so we have no obligation to respect them or hold them to the status of some sacred baseline things should be balanced against. There is no baseline to begin with, look at mass fraction values of stock parts, they vary wildly and have zero deliberate balance behind them.

Sorry, cheaty stock turbojets will never return, there is no way to justify leaving them as is. And no, I don't think RSS has a monopoly on realistic gameplay if you are playing with NEAR/FAR. It's an environment of different scale some like to play more with, not a ghetto all realistic mods should be confined to.

Edited by bac9

IMO FAR should do that nerf to jets, it cuts back jets a bit but not nearly far enough, leave NEAR with less balanced engines for softies.

Also FAR/NEAR makes "nerfed" jets more playable, you don't need crazy thrust to fly with FAR/NEAR while you do in stock.

What's the objective argument for existence of turbojet configs capable of reaching 2500m/s+ and providing thrust at incredible range of velocities in a mod that adds realistically balanced engines? If it exists, it will dissuade us, seriously.

Edited by bac9

Here is part of the craft with B9 MFT removed.

PART
{
part = B9.Aero.HL.Adapter.2m.Side_4293659784
partName = Part
pos = -0.8532134,5.830313,4.322294
rot = 0.7071068,0,0,0.7071068
attRot = 0,0,0,1
mir = 1,1,1
istg = 0
dstg = 0
sidx = -1
sqor = -1
attm = 0
modCost = 3545
link = B9.Aero.HL.Body.Cargo.C_4293659728
link = rtg_4293657454
link = rtg_4293657424
link = ksp.r.largeBatteryPack_4293657394
link = ksp.r.largeBatteryPack_4293657370
link = HexCanMFTLifeSupport_4293657346
link = HexCanMFTLifeSupport_4293657278
link = B9.Utility.DockingPort.CDP_4293657210
link = B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12_4293656752
link = B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12_4293656666
link = B9.Aero.HL.Extension.B1_4293653450
link = B9.Aero.HL.Extension.B1_4293651426
attN = top,B9.Aero.HL.Body.SAS.05m_4293659892
attN = bottom,B9.Aero.HL.Body.Cargo.C_4293659728
attN = bottom1,B9.Aero.HL.Extension.B1_4293651426
attN = bottom2,B9.Aero.HL.Extension.B1_4293653450
EVENTS
{
}
ACTIONS
{
}
MODULE
{
name = FSfuelSwitch
isEnabled = True
currentAmounts = (2133, 2607, 0, 0)
selectedTankSetup = 2
hasLaunched = False
brandNewPart = False
EVENTS
{
nextTankSetupEvent
{
active = True
guiActive = False
guiActiveEditor = True
guiIcon = Next tank setup
guiName = Next tank setup
category = Next tank setup
guiActiveUnfocused = False
unfocusedRange = 2
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
}
ACTIONS
{
}
}
MODULE
{
name = FARBasicDragModel
isEnabled = True
EVENTS
{
}
ACTIONS
{
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 2133
maxAmount = 2133
flowState = True
isTweakable = True
hideFlow = False
flowMode = Both
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 2607
maxAmount = 2607
flowState = True
isTweakable = True
hideFlow = False
flowMode = Both
}
}

Here is the same part with B9 MFT present.

PART
{
part = B9.Aero.HL.Adapter.2m.Side_4294233150
partName = Part
pos = -0.8532134,5.830313,4.322293
rot = 0.7071068,0,0,0.7071068
attRot = 0,0,0,1
mir = 1,1,1
istg = 0
dstg = 0
sidx = -1
sqor = -1