[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Dev branch of FAR or B9? I've had to switch to dev FAR, I got that bug where the UI started to flash if a vessel left physics range, make visiting stations pretty annoying.

Sorry I'm just one guy, currently working on the S3 (pretty sure Tav would murder me if I didn't get it done soon) the HX is next in line.

Wait wait... what? You're one guy? So, technically it would only count as one murder? My mind is, seriously, blowing up right now.

I downloaded it. loved it. But, if I add other mods KSP wont even load to the space center without CTD i even went through all the mods that arent supported and got rid of them. when i start to build a ship i can get about 30 mins in and then KSP just crashes. Stock with this Mod just isnt fun enough so i had to remove it for now. I will keep a close eye on it for other releases.

Wait wait... what? You're one guy? So, technically it would only count as one murder? My mind is, seriously, blowing up right now.

Taverious does the tricky .cfg stuff and the math for wing lift, fueselage internal volume for fuel etc and the balance stuff, bac9 is pretty busy generally speaking but he last did the HX parts and I do the IVAs and most of the work on the external models of stuff that has IVAs because they need to line up properly, Tav handed over the external mesh of the new S3 version to me like 2-3 months ago, I've been busy with the HL, props/MFDs and overhauling the other cockpits since pretty much, and I'm sure he'd like to see the S3 finalized soon.

Hello

How to fix the asymmetric wings placement? It has nothing to do with the joint stiffness bug because it is already that way in the editor. It is really very annoying and sometimes looks like the part was just flipped over on the other side and is slightly different because it is the bottom not the top of it. Especially obvious with the large thick wing part.

How to properly rotate and align the parts that should go into the leading edge of the wing? Wings have complex colliders especially near the edges so the rotation of the surface attached parts is totally messed up. Sometimes it takes a great amount of hassle to come close to a required attitude and find it impossible to finally align the part properly just because each keypress turns the part on two or all three axes at a time. But at the same time in all of the example crafts provided the parts are placed perfectly and precisely. What is the trick here?

Is there a way to increase the strength of a joint? It seems to be limited to the strength of the struts irrespectively of their quantity and distribution around the joint and the part. The struts increase the stiffness of the joint and effectively prevent all the wobbling and bending but it does not look like they can increase the amount of force required to break the part or rip it off which looks like a thing they are supposed to do. Please correct me if it is wrong. Also is there any difference between the visible and invisible struts? How are the struts hidden on the example crafts?

What is the actual difference between the two types of control surfaces in the pack? I personally tend to use one of them as wing flaps and the other one as ailerons.

Thank you!

Just started KSP about half an hour ago, and AVC reports that there is a 5.2.2 available. KerbalStuff and this thread still only read 5.1.1. The AVC flag doesn't end the game, but it is a curious sequence. Perhaps the 5.2.2 upload is pending moderator approval of some kind?

Just started KSP about half an hour ago, and AVC reports that there is a 5.2.2 available. KerbalStuff and this thread still only read 5.1.1. The AVC flag doesn't end the game, but it is a curious sequence. Perhaps the 5.2.2 upload is pending moderator approval of some kind?

same me so probably tomorow morning we will have 5.2.2

Might there be any plan to reduce the following? (Particularly RPM, HR, MFT, and TweakScale)

INCOMPATIBLE MODS

•
HotRockets 7.21LS - Will break engines and cause other strangeness in career mode. Install before B9, which provides blanking file for the offending MM patches. Otherwise do not install MP_Nazari/b9_hotrockts.cfg. The relevant effects have been inluded in B9 R5.

• RasterPropMonitor 0.18.2 - Will break IVAs. Install before B9, which provides a blanking file for the offending MM patches. Otherwise do not install the B9_Aerospace/RPM/Patches/* file. B9 R5 includes a custom RPM setup for its IVAs.

• Skillful R1.2 - Has been known to break mass of larger parts.

• BD Armory 0.5.0 - Same as Skillful.

• TweakScale 1.43 - Graphics issues, CTDs.

• Modular Fuel Tanks 5.1.1 - Duplicate fuel tanks in parts, not all parts covered.

• Real Fuels 7.3 - Same as modular fuel tanks.

• Deadly Reentry Continued 5.2 - Not all parts are covered.

And what exactly does that last line mean, please?

Edited by MisterFister

RPM isn't a problem, just don't install the B9 patches, B9 comes with RPM anyway so, similar with hotrockets, delete the b9 .cfg, MFT is being worked on by Tav, tweakscale no idea, it's an incompatibility with FireSpitter's fuel switcher.

Anybody can help me on these ones? Please!

Hello

How to fix the asymmetric wings placement? It has nothing to do with the joint stiffness bug because it is already that way in the editor. It is really very annoying and sometimes looks like the part was just flipped over on the other side and is slightly different because it is the bottom not the top of it. Especially obvious with the large thick wing part.

How to properly rotate and align the parts that should go into the leading edge of the wing? Wings have complex colliders especially near the edges so the rotation of the surface attached parts is totally messed up. Sometimes it takes a great amount of hassle to come close to a required attitude and find it impossible to finally align the part properly just because each keypress turns the part on two or all three axes at a time. But at the same time in all of the example crafts provided the parts are placed perfectly and precisely. What is the trick here?

Is there a way to increase the strength of a joint? It seems to be limited to the strength of the struts irrespectively of their quantity and distribution around the joint and the part. The struts increase the stiffness of the joint and effectively prevent all the wobbling and bending but it does not look like they can increase the amount of force required to break the part or rip it off which looks like a thing they are supposed to do. Please correct me if it is wrong. Also is there any difference between the visible and invisible struts? How are the struts hidden on the example crafts?

What is the actual difference between the two types of control surfaces in the pack? I personally tend to use one of them as wing flaps and the other one as ailerons.

Thank you!

Also maybe it will look like a stupid question but still does the tomorrow morning mean morning in Europe?