[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

I was going to ask an annoying question about specific part design in the next update for B9 but instead I think I'll just say thank you for this awesome mod. Its incredible how entitled users feel to a mod thats being delivered to them for free that completely improves their game. Cheers

I was going to ask an annoying question about specific part design in the next update for B9 but instead I think I'll just say thank you for this awesome mod. Its incredible how entitled users feel to a mod thats being delivered to them for free that completely improves their game. Cheers

ironically its not their fault, its firespitter, which doesnt seem like its being well maintained to begin with, is it even possible to dump the firespitter dependency for something that is being maintained, or to just strip what ever is useful about it out.

hell at this point ill take someones hacked version of firespitter, just so i can make sure my saves made it ok into ver.25

Not been around very long have you? Firespitter is maintained quite throughly, Snjo is away atm so that's the holdup with it's update. Also firespitter has so many different useful features that are not yet part of the stock game that to toss it would require a new plugin of similar ambition and scope that currently doesn't exist....

Nothing anyone else has in development comes close to firespitters features, it's why it's been used by so many different mods for it's various modules........

Firespitter DLL has been updated

Indeed, can get it here: https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/blob/master/For%20release/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.dll?raw=true

A new B9 release including it should be out later today, I don't have the right access to do that, you'll have to wait until bac9/Tav comes back from work in the afternoon EU time.

Though Snjo said all he did was remove the incompatibility warning, I've tested the previous "incompatible" version and it seems to work fine, I can't find anything wrong with it, is it a case of anti-placebo effect?

Edited by K3|Chris

Ok I've update firespitter RPM and crossfeedenabler, during my loading screen it will get to b9/mfd/beep and stop loading. It doesn't crash but I waited like 15 minutes and it didn't move at all. Something I'm missing?

0.25 ksp 32bit

All I can say is that it works for me.

Alright, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Usually when it blocks like that (indefinitely) if you alt+tab you'll notice in windows that's there is an error/crash message popup waiting for you to click on.

Yea there's no crash or crash log. It even has the changing loading statements. "Adding k to every word...". No idea what the deal is.

When it hits b9/mfd/beep, does the loading bar jump to halfway? If it does, I've had the same thing; from my experience last time I had it, I think the issue is some part of the core KSP isn't completely updated and so you're trying to launch something that's a mix between 0.24 and 0.25. Try copying all your mods and saves to a fresh install and seeing if that works.

(Also don't copy over the Squad and NASAMission folders into the fresh install; I don't know if having possibly mixed versions of those folders could be the issue but it might be.)

Edited by Whovian

I just made the a successful space shuttle system with this mod it's fantastic!

anyway a few things I noticed are that the wheels have a... i don't know what to call it, a hit box? anyway I can attach stuff to the wheels even when they're retracted and they sort of get in the way. So it's like they're always deployed in terms of part attachment and sometimes block the addition or other parts. But it's not too big a deal if you turn part clipping on so. Also a suggestion for them is it possible to make the height adjustable in increments?

o9hgxt.jpg

Edited by kanelives

Ok, well I took out the beep.ogg located in /MFD and it loaded up just fine now.

Hope that won't cause issues but for some reason my setup didn't like that file. No idea. lol

When it hits b9/mfd/beep, does the loading bar jump to halfway? If it does, I've had the same thing; from my experience last time I had it, I think the issue is some part of the core KSP isn't completely updated and so you're trying to launch something that's a mix between 0.24 and 0.25. Try copying all your mods and saves to a fresh install and seeing if that works.

No, it would be loading like normal then hit that file and just stop.

Edited by Jacksidious

Is there any unofficial patches to get B9 working with 0.25? Or should I just wait for the official release? Is there any info when new update comes? :P

It's mostly working to begin with. Manually update Firespitter and RPM and you should be fine.

Just get previous B9, latest FireSpitter DLL and latest RasterPropMonitor, NodeToggle, SmokeScreen should work fine for now, Tav/bac9 haven't been in yet since FS update and I don't have the permissions (or knowledge) needed to package a release from the repo.

Edited by K3|Chris