[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

• Core Team:

• bac9 - 3D modeling, texturing, project lead

• Taverius - balance, 3D modeling, craft design, maintenance

• K3|Chris - 3D modeling, texturing, IVA

Thank you guys so much! Now where´s that "Donate"-button I want to punch so much?

• The mod is now compatible with KSP 0.25

Awsome.. Thanks for the hard work!

New to KSP and purchased on steam giving me the 0.25 so had no choice but to wait, following SM's Insteller quest now so much needed this update.

Thanks

uc?export=view&id=0B4s36E_oW9noNVM3UzhDVDVMYkE

I am having a problem. KSP consistently stops loading when I have B9 and other mods installed. It doesn't crash, it doesn't generate errors, it doesn't go over 2.5GB of RAM. It just stops loading on B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engine SABRE S. If I remove B9, it works. If I set up a separate install with only B9, it works. I'm using ATM and -force-opengl. There may be some kind of interaction with other mods, perhaps?

Edit: Screenshot of my GameData folder.

1ax3xEM.png

Edited by theonegalen

I still can't run B9 in 0.25, still attemting to load nonexistant files, no matter what other mods I have or that type of ATM, it attempts to load B9_Aerospace\Parts\Cockpit_HL\part\Aero_HL_Cockpit.

Delete B9 folder and re-install.

Just here to say that my install of B9 is working perfectly. No ATM, but use OpenGL and have KWR installed as well - no crashes.

Thinking of making my CSS Shuttle interior use the HL one instead - looks nicer, is roughly the same size/shape.. Until that IVA gets a proper upgrade, the HL is looking pretty attractive..

For those seeing KSP-AVC giving the wrong info, that's a bug. It's just a mistake in the .version file, it didn't get updated. You can do it by hand.

Thanks, I thought it might have been a bug with AVC but had to ask just in case.

Can I trim down the size of B9 by removing the active RPM interiors? Will it load default squad maps, or do horrible things if I press IVA by accident?

I only fly my ships from the outside anyway and saving any RAM possible is a godsend for my mod list, and just looking at the intricate detail of those cockpits makes me think they must be using a fair bunch of capacity.

Can I trim down the size of B9 by removing the active RPM interiors? Will it load default squad maps, or do horrible things if I press IVA by accident?

I only fly my ships from the outside anyway and saving any RAM possible is a godsend for my mod list, and just looking at the intricate detail of those cockpits makes me think they must be using a fair bunch of capacity.

in the OP, there is a link to Active Texture Management, a mod that helps manage RAM use tremendously. After I discovered it, I found KSP with allot of mods ( in my case 35) to be much more stable.

I already use the aggressive Active Texture Management .... and KSP runs using about 2.6Gb (ish, read from the task manager) of RAM :)

KSP doesnt crash on me, but I have had to trim out parts from some of the mods that I dont use, B9's HX parts and structural panels, also some of the adaptors and decouplers from KW. It just makes updating mods difficult when I have to remember which parts I deleted.

Yes you can, but you simply won't have IVA and you won't be able to accidentally press IVA. It will revert to the old method like the science lab or the MkII crew cabin. There will be no IVA, and no Kerbal picture in the bottom right, you have to click the hatch to get them out.

make sure you remove the INTERNAL{} block from the pod's config files or things can get buggy as the pod is continually looking for a missing internal after launch.

I am about to go bloody mental and smash my face into my PC screen.....

The vtol engines when I use symmetry are rotating the wrong way and I did NOT have this problem before updating to 5.2.5

I build a vtol plane yesterday and had Zero problems with symmetry rotation. I place down the engines put them on double pair mode and that's it. hot keys to toggle rotation and all engines were pointing down now the SAME plane has some of its engines point UP. I have spent over a HOUR trying to change the setting with NO luck the more I change the number the Less the control setup makes sense to me. please help or change it back as this is making the VTOL engines totally useless.