[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Another question, if I have Near Future Spacecraft installed, will it clash with the IVA changes win B9?

No. At least not for me...

RasterPropMonitor is the mod that makes the IVA changes, and since both B9 and Near Future Spacecraft use it, no things will go wrong (hopefully).

I am about to go bloody mental and smash my face into my PC screen.....

The vtol engines when I use symmetry are rotating the wrong way and I did NOT have this problem before updating to 5.2.5

I build a vtol plane yesterday and had Zero problems with symmetry rotation. I place down the engines put them on double pair mode and that's it. hot keys to toggle rotation and all engines were pointing down now the SAME plane has some of its engines point UP. I have spent over a HOUR trying to change the setting with NO luck the more I change the number the Less the control setup makes sense to me. please help or change it back as this is making the VTOL engines totally useless.

Cut your text into paragraphs to make it easy to read.

Did you built the craft in the VAB or in the SPH?

You can always try to turn off symmetry with 'c' and place the engines one by one.

Edited by ExtremeTrader

In the SPH. and ive been using the B9 pack for weeks now and this is the first time its happened yea placing them all separately will probably work but im simply not going to do that. if you saw my craft you would see that balancing it would be near impossible.

is there a github I could post the issue on?

hes clearly changed something in this virsion to mess it up.

The most annoying thing is is there used to be a "invert" button in the engine setting that has been .........Removed.....GRrrrrrrr

thanks for trying to help.

hey bac9 your version files for AVC are still giving compatibility prompts for .24. i edited them myself but you might want to update your packaging for b9 and firespitter

In the SPH. and ive been using the B9 pack for weeks now and this is the first time its happened yea placing them all separately will probably work but im simply not going to do that. if you saw my craft you would see that balancing it would be near impossible.

is there a github I could post the issue on?

hes clearly changed something in this virsion to mess it up.

The most annoying thing is is there used to be a "invert" button in the engine setting that has been .........Removed.....GRrrrrrrr

thanks for trying to help.

• The mod is now compatible with KSP 0.25

• Updated ModuleManager to 2.5.1

• Updated CrossFeedEnabler to 3.1

• Updated SmokeScreen to 2.5.0.0

• Rebuilt KineTechAnimation against KSP 0.25

• Rebuilt ResGen against KSP 0.25

• Updated RasterPropModule to 0.18.3

• Updated FireSpitter for KSP 0.25

* Updated NodeToggle for KSP 0.25

• MK2 CT seat fix

• Fixed rescale values of the pylon parts

Looks like there is nothing that could make symmetry issues...

EDIT: do other parts behave the same?

Edited by ExtremeTrader

well ive made over 20 vtol planes with these engines in the last couple of months.

im sure I would have noticed this before.

actually the firespitter is the plugin that controls the rotation part im sure so something in that may have changed. but then again I manualy updated that when it was updated for 0.25

im posting a but report on the Bit bucket site.

Alright, still having problems with a fresh install with just B9 and ATM added. I didn't look into the logs until now, as I assumed it was a compatibility issue. Quite dumb of me. I took a peek into the log this time, and found something go badly wrong with the HL Cockpit's resources and RCS ports. It caused a null loop, which was apparently what prevented the loading from continuing. The D25 cockpit apparently had some problems too, but the loading continued. The problem area is below, as there were no other errors in the log.

[LOG 14:40:13.741] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_D25/part/B9_Cockpit_D25'
[ERR 14:40:13.749] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 14:40:13.757] Could not create PartResource of type 'ElectricCharge
[LOG 14:40:13.782] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_HL/part/HL_Aero_Cockpit'
[ERR 14:40:13.790] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[ERR 14:40:13.792] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 14:40:13.798] Could not create PartResource of type 'ElectricCharge
[WRN 14:40:13.800] Could not create PartResource of type 'MonoPropellant
[EXC 14:40:13.817] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.SetResource (System.String resource)
ModuleRCS.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 14:40:13.839] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:40:13.842] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:40:13.846] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:40:13.876] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()

The NullReferenceException continues on for at least 100 more lines.

Alright, still having problems with a fresh install with just B9 and ATM added. I didn't look into the logs until now, as I assumed it was a compatibility issue. Quite dumb of me. I took a peek into the log this time, and found something go badly wrong with the HL Cockpit's resources and RCS ports. It caused a null loop, which was apparently what prevented the loading from continuing. The D25 cockpit apparently had some problems too, but the loading continued. The problem area is below, as there were no other errors in the log.

[LOG 14:40:13.741] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_D25/part/B9_Cockpit_D25'
[ERR 14:40:13.749] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 14:40:13.757] Could not create PartResource of type 'ElectricCharge
[LOG 14:40:13.782] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_HL/part/HL_Aero_Cockpit'
[ERR 14:40:13.790] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[ERR 14:40:13.792] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 14:40:13.798] Could not create PartResource of type 'ElectricCharge
[WRN 14:40:13.800] Could not create PartResource of type 'MonoPropellant
[EXC 14:40:13.817] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.SetResource (System.String resource)
ModuleRCS.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 14:40:13.839] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:40:13.842] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:40:13.846] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:40:13.876] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()

The NullReferenceException continues on for at least 100 more lines.

I seem to be having similar issues with the current version of B9 Aerospace; my game won't load; it's not crashing, and the memory with just B9 and stock is well below the threshold that you'd expect to see a RAM crash. It just hangs indefinitely on the loading screen after getting through the majority of the process, which I'm guessing is the result of something in the cfg of those cockpits.

OK its now doing it on the KSP that I didn't even bloody Change. FFS im about to explode. if there was a Invert setting option I would be fine!! I was planning on live streaming but as everything im currently using has VTOL im buggerd.

OK its now doing it on the KSP that I didn't even bloody Change. FFS im about to explode. if there was a Invert setting option I would be fine!! I was planning on live streaming but as everything im currently using has VTOL im buggerd.

Hey Joe,

This is a known issue and I believe it has to do with firespitter and not b9. I've had this issue since the dawn of using those vtol engines. The fix is to place them and then not touch them after symmetry or something. I'll be honest I can't remember exactly what causes it but that has something to do with it. To fix this without driving yourself nuts, launch the plane and then right click on whichever engine you want to invert rotation and click on invert rotation or something :) I hope this solves your problems

Yes, your log suggests that the resources aren't being created properly. The only thing I suggest is a clean install

A clean install of KSP or B9?

I've done B9 multiple times to no avail. Attempting a full KSP reinstall now just in case, but I'm not optimistic, since none of the other mods I've used seem to be having these problems.

there is no invent rotation option. well if there is its off the bottom of my screen so I cannot get to it.

that still doesnt explain why a plane that works fine should suddenly (and without anychange to the game) stop working the same. ive also tried every vision of firespitter and it makes no difference.

here was me recording it (with some frustration)

http://www.twitch.tv/joebopie/b/580139514

and that is the older virsion of B9 with an updated firespitter and crossfeed.

the new version is doing exactly the same

and here was me making that plane originally (with exactkly the same installation) with zero problems.

http://www.twitch.tv/joebopie/b/579517223

from about Hour and 40 mins in.

Edited by joebopie

Man, all your B9 planes are not prepared to FAR. The planes that came with a mod, need to help users to understand, and those don't do that. Some of then nether take off.

Others are unstable, and some start in runway with the but touching the ground and nose up.

If you wanna to put stock aside, the planes must be to FAR/NEAR alike.

Please, take a look and care if you can, will you?

Thank you.

Edited by Climberfx

Man, all your B9 planes are not prepared to FAR. The planes that came with a mod, need to help users to understand, and those don't do that. Some of then nether take off.

Others are unstable, and some start in runway with the but touching the ground and nose up.

Thank you.

Maybe you could send him a few working planes for him to include. the guys that make this pack might not have times to build new planes.

Hi just wondering could you make a cockpit for the hx family. Im trying to make a massive interplanetary cruiser.

The devs have planned such a cockpit, but they're busy people and it'll have to wait for some other things first.

Thank you.

FAR underwent some major updates recently. It's very possible that these updates made the stock B9 planes unusable. I'm sure they will update at some point.

Thank you.

They make this awesome mod and include others to truly make an amazing pack, and you have a problem with the stock planes? Just make your own or take a stock one and tweak it a bit, after all building and designing is one of the best parts about this game. Trail and error always works for me lol :D