[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Can also use the pFairings interstage adapter to make open ended size adapters:

http://i.imgur.com/fCLotU5l.png

Doesn't adapt size, but should get the idea across, NERVA inside and I made it that way because I find it somewhat silly to re-enter the atmosphere with an exposed nuclear reactor, and DRE agrees with me.

Great idea! ;)

But for this Argo i'm happy already.

:)

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums as a poster but im reading it very frequently. Im playing KSP for two years now and kind of always modded it to the maximum. Since KSP 0.25 came out a few weeks ago I'm having trouble with B9 and it's cockpits.

When i load the game (heavily modded, but functional until I installed B9 with his latest patch) the loading process gets stuck on one of the cockpits of B9. First its the HL-cockpit, when i exclude it, it goes on to the next best one (S2) and gets stuck there. I have the latest ATM installed, tried using 32 and 64 bit versions of KSP to load, reinstalled the mods twice now and am running out of things to try to fix this :(

I would appreciate it if someone could try and help me out with this loading issue, cause i can't play KSP without B9 anymore.

PS: since there is no crash involved i can't post any crash loggs here.

Sounds like you're hitting RAM cap, .25 has a lot more stock textures than .24.2 did namely SPP etc, you'll have to start cutting into stock and or mod parts, or set ATM to lower texture size.

Personally I play with B9 planes not SPP so I removed SPP, and I have similar replacements for stock parts using mods, I've cut out a lot of stock parts, and some from mods.

Can check taskmanager while loading KSP, does it hit 3.2GB~?

Thanks for these fast responses guys.

And before I forget to mention it again: you guys do a fantastic job on this mod! I am using it since I've found it back in 2013 and never started any game without it ever since :) Just love the details and the estetics your parts bring into this game. This should definitly be stock!

B2T: Damn it, i forgot to mention that i checked Taskmanager while loading. When it gets stuck KSP (32 Bit version) consumes 1,37 GB out of the ~3,7 it could adress, so there shouldn't be a reasonable memory problem. Before that i tried loading the 64 Bit version and it got stuck aswell (same step, cockpits of B9) and it could adress 8 GB in that version, so memory shouldn't be a problem at all. I worked with cutting out parts in the past, where there was no ATM and stuffs, but stopped doing that because oddly enough KSP 64 Bit worked perfectly fine for me in 0.24. So I just used ATM and 64 Bit and it went well with around 25 installed Mods (B9, Novapunch and KW included) and 3,2 GB of RAM used after the initial loading.

I would like to upload the output_log, but at the moment I'm just to stupid to find out how to upload it unto this post. Gimme some time to check how I can do it :)

PS: sorry for any typos, I'm used to speaking english a lot, but I am not writing it very often, so it's not the best to be honest. I'm from germany actually.

Edit: I've yet to find an option to upload my stuff (other then to upload it elsewhere and then link it here). But i searched the log for any entries with "HL_Aero_Cockpit" (cause that seems to be the part where it gets stuck) and only found 3 mentionings where the ModuleManager succesfully deleted optional nodes due to "missing" mods (for example: I'm not using Deadly Reentry, so there was stuff included into the cockpit from the devs, that isn't needed in my situation and thus got deleted by MM - if i get that right?!). Other then that the part isn't mentioned anywhere else in the log. Searching for any "memory" relations didn't work either.

Edit2: Ok 3rd test revealed, that it seems to not be related to B9 (or at least not exclusively). I deleted B9 and tried to load the game and it still will get stuck after the ModuleManager worked his stuff out. After I deleted B9 it got stuck at NFP-Parts. Could it be that the ATM isn't working propperly or that i have a conflict with some scripts for the MM?

Edit3: strangely enough it seemed to be an issue with KSPs main installation. I tried a clean installed and it didn't work, after a second attempt to repair the installation STEAM reloaded about 100 MBs of files and now everything is running smooth as silk :) So after all it was nothing about the mods but about STEAMs uplader. Sorry for blowing the whistle too early on this one!

Edited by Maddin

Will the MK2 spaceplane parts be updated to have a lift value like stock parts?

My guess is no, since that's only relevant to the stock drag model. FAR models body lift anyway (not sure about NEAR) so forcing lift into fuselage parts isn't necessary.

Will the MK2 spaceplane parts be updated to have a lift value like stock parts?

That's an ugly hack to make the SPP parts fly more reasonably in stock aero, Squad has said current stock aero isn't long for this world anyway (ffs just hire ferram already) if you really want it mm:ing it on shouldn't be too difficult, but seriously, if you spend any time making planes in KSP install FAR, stock aero is decent for rockets, it's hugely simplified and silly but you don't notice a large difference beyond the much higher terminal velocity. But in a plane the difference is massive, planes behave like planes in FAR, not some anti-gravitic ship. If you've played KSP with stock aero especially using planes switching to FAR has a bit of a learning curve (mostly un-learning bad habits stock aero makes you do)

Edit2: Ok 3rd test revealed, that it seems to not be related to B9 (or at least not exclusively). I deleted B9 and tried to load the game and it still will get stuck after the ModuleManager worked his stuff out. After I deleted B9 it got stuck at NFP-Parts. Could it be that the ATM isn't working propperly or that i have a conflict with some scripts for the MM?

Weird, I guess the next step is making a clean install and moving over one mod at a time or similar, or chunks, sounds like a compatibility/installation problem.

Edited by K3|Chris

Far is for hard core peeps I have enough trouble with near and I hate it but am trying to adapt to it

Actually FAR is easier than NEAR in some ways, NEAR just hides the GUI that tells you what's going on and simplifies some interactions, I've heard from plenty of people that NEAR is harder than FAR.

I'm having an interesting issue with FAR and the HX4 hangar modules. Adding more than one hangar module in a row starts skewing the CoL off to one side, which causes the craft to start spinning out of control in the atmosphere. With one module attached the CoL is dead center, but each one I add after that skews it more and more to the side.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Hello to all.

What a great pack and great update. Thanks.

I am 'trying' to get working with the VTOL parts. Is there any type of reference or manual that would help to explain to me all of the action group 'stuff'????

I have gone through the pages, but I must have missed it..

Thanks in advance...

Hi, I just installed the most recent B9 that should be compatible with 0.25 but for me none of the structural parts work correctly. Right clicking on the parts does nothing, I cannot tweak fuel within the parts and the normal and raised versions of tail sections appear together.

qdKQUyd.png

Is there any fix to this? I have installed it exactly how I normally do and I have installed the mod on many of my previous saves.

My B9 Install doesn't feel right.My crafts aren't able to get sufficient speed even if its a rather well designed aircraft.It seems like its either the B9 turbojet engine or the Mk2 Fuselage.They just seem too heavy and even small designs can't fly fast enough.

rPGoVYN.png

This Craft has 2 TurboJet Engines and flies slowly even with the fuel decreased.