[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Victor, do you have FAR or NEAR installed?

At first no,but after putting the post I decided to include NEAR and my crafts finally work.However,I seem to have a problem lifting off with my crafts.One of my particular crafts spin after reaching 30m/s.The craft above couldn't liftoff without the edge of the runway.I dont like NEAR or FAR cause I dont like the realism which cause most of my crafts unusable.

At first no,but after putting the post I decided to include NEAR and my crafts finally work.However,I seem to have a problem lifting off with my crafts.One of my particular crafts spin after reaching 30m/s.The craft above couldn't liftoff without the edge of the runway.I dont like NEAR or FAR cause I dont like the realism which cause most of my crafts unusable.

the B9 parts are balanced for FAR/NEAR. using them with stock will result in exactly the kind of power curve issues you describe.

the craft you posted before is going to have a very very hard time flying for two reasons, #1 the nose and canards are sloped slightly down, so forward air is going to push the nose down and#2 the tail fins are too small by half, likely to result in a flat spin.

pitch the canards about 5 degrees upwards, make the rear landing gear slightly lower and the nose gear slightly higher so it sits on the runway slightly pitch up, and replace the tail fins with the next larger part and it should be fine.

the B9 parts are balanced for FAR/NEAR. using them with stock will result in exactly the kind of power curve issues you describe.

the craft you posted before is going to have a very very hard time flying for two reasons, #1 the nose and canards are sloped slightly down, so forward air is going to push the nose down and#2 the tail fins are too small by half, likely to result in a flat spin.

pitch the canards about 5 degrees upwards, make the rear landing gear slightly lower and the nose gear slightly higher so it sits on the runway slightly pitch up, and replace the tail fins with the next larger part and it should be fine.

Thanks for the advice.I do need help on this particular craft.It spins on the runway when reaching 30m/s.

RRtxQ25.png

Thanks for the advice.I do need help on this particular craft.It spins on the runway when reaching 30m/s.

http://i.imgur.com/RRtxQ25.png

no tailfins at all. nothing to stop it rotating like a boomerang. most flying wings use lots of small tail fins (like the YB-49) or complex computer throttle control (B-2) to keep the thing from rotating. the other thing you can do is make sure that the far outside control surfaces are the only ones enabled for Yaw control, but there is a reason why there is only one production flying wing, and it's a bomber, and it's heavily computer controlled.

no tailfins at all. nothing to stop it rotating like a boomerang. most flying wings use lots of small tail fins (like the YB-49) or complex computer throttle control (B-2) to keep the thing from rotating. the other thing you can do is make sure that the far outside control surfaces are the only ones enabled for Yaw control, but there is a reason why there is only one production flying wing, and it's a bomber, and it's heavily computer controlled.

The design is actually heavily based on the B2 and Horten 229 which has no tailfin at all.Is there a way to stop the play from boomerang without a tailfin? Also,the craft does have a very small singular tailfin.[h=3][/h]

... this mod says it requires the 64 bit version, ...

Just the opposite. The OP says that B9 does not necessarily work with the 64-bit version:

Q: It doesn't work with KSP x64

We'll have to repeat the first answer here. There is nothing different about x64 KSP build from the modding support standpoint, so we can't do anything about it's performance. Reports indicate it is highly unstable no matter what mods you are using. Some people manage to make it work, but it might as well be a roll of the dice, and since nobody has any idea why it crashes so much.

There's even "x86 recommended."

So if this mod requires FAR, how do I use FAR with the 64 bit version of KSP? Because the FAR page says its automatically disabled with the 64 bit version, and this mod says it requires the 64 bit version, and FAR. Is there a way to enable it or something? I'm sure this has been asked before, so if so can someone redirect me to where?

Short answer: you don't.

Long answer: If you have some technical know-how you can find where it's disabled in the code and recompile. But there's a reason it's disabled.

Serously, there are almost no reasons to be using x64 KSP on Windows right now. It's incredibly unstable to the point where multiple mods have refused to accept bug reports from x64. If you're having trouble with the 32 bit version then it's probably just running out of memory which can be fixed by using Active Texture Management and using the -force-opengl flag.

The design is actually heavily based on the B2 and Horten 229 which has no tailfin at all.Is there a way to stop the play from boomerang without a tailfin? Also,the craft does have a very small singular tailfin.

If you want to stick with the "no significant tailfin" design, the compressed-air RCS ports and/or Throttle Controlled Avionics with engines to either side of the center of mass will help give you the necessary active control to keep it stable in yaw.

Short answer: you don't.

Long answer: If you have some technical know-how you can find where it's disabled in the code and recompile. But there's a reason it's disabled.

You can also ask someone who already did that, or complain about it to Ferram (in enough people take issue with his approach, he might revise it). :) Forcing opengl seems to be good for 64bit stability, not only memory savings, BTW.

Hello to all.

What a great pack and great update. Thanks.

I am 'trying' to get working with the VTOL parts. Is there any type of reference or manual that would help to explain to me all of the action group 'stuff'????

I have gone through the pages, but I must have missed it..

Thanks in advance...

Thought I would just check again. Is there any ref doc / anything that goes over all of the Action Group items for the VTOL engines??

Thanks.

Hi, i just wanted to say i love this pack.

I really like the new HX parts, but i have an issue with the HX docking ports. The connection is really wobbly and i can't seem to get a good rigid connection even with the biggest ones.

The connection between the port and other parts won't break, but it seems like it's attached with rubber bands or something :D

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Thank you very much! I'm still wondering why the cockpits of this pack (especially the S2 standard cockpit) are not stock parts yet. They are absolut perfect and amazing and fit perfectly into the overall look of the game.

They are better, beautiful and more realistic than the stock part cockpits. And they have such elegant design.. perfect from every point of view. : )

I'd just like to say that I don't like the way NEAR decreases the thrust and how B9 engines won't reach 200m/s to add realism.I personally don't like this because I don't like realism in KSP and I wish that having NEAR and the B9 Thrust feature was optional for people who want realism in the game.I like to build massive crafts and nice looking VTOLs but because of that feature,most of my VTOLs don't even work anymore.

I would also like to mention if theres any way to remove the thrust 'realism' please let me know

I would also like to mention if theres any way to remove the thrust 'realism' please let me know

Remove the B9_Aerospace-Squad-Jet-Rebalance.cfg and the relavant lines in whatever cfg NEAR uses as well if you want. I know in FAR, it's under FerramAerospaceResearch.cfg, probably similar with NEAR.

EDIT:

The IVAs and crew cameras aren't showing up for me?

Check you have GameData\B9_Aerospace\Spaces and also that the whole mod is installed correctly.

this mod crashes my game after loading screen. i have done a clean install and put all mods into gamedata folder and the game works. after installing B9 mod the game crashes. when i only use b9 this game works...

output_log.txt

modlist (if this helps)

Edited by blutm8

this mod crashes my game after loading screen. i have done a clean install and put all mods into gamedata folder and the game works. after installing B9 mod the game crashes. when i only use b9 this game works...

output_log.txt

modlist (if this helps)

You're probably running out of memory. Try installing ActiveTextureManagement. It may not necessarily reduce the B9 memory footprint but it will free up space by reducing the load brought on by other mods.

It might also be a good idea to remove the oldest of the two ModulemManager.dll's. You only need one and having two can lead to problems.

@blutm8:

You really are running out of memory. KSP 32-bit is limited to about 3.5 GB of RAM, so even if you have more available on your system, it will still crash when you go over the limit.

Given all the textures you're loading, the easiest fix would be to increase the scale setting in the Active Texture Management config. You could, however, install Linux to run KSP x64.

i have ActiveTextureManagement installed how you can see in the modlist screenshot. do i have to edit a config somehow?

edit:

problem solved.. just added "-force-opengl" and now game works.. i just should have had a look on the "FAQ" of the opening post... sorry guys.

Edited by blutm8

I have a problem when assembling this plane... This part here (the other adapters around it too) would be awesome with a hollow variant :D

Or maybe add a ramp on the S2 tail section (this would be a small one so maybe not the greatest of options)

141026050943884561.png

Thanks for this awesome mod, I don't know how it loads on top of all my other mods, but it does :D