[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Is there a reason that the omni lights constantly flicker like bad fluorescent lights? Not sure if that's a new behavior introduced in one of the recent updates, or if something else is causing it.

EDIT: Hmm, seems it happens on the launchpad, or whenever there's other light sources. Maybe I just need to increase light sources?

Edited by Castun

Then I can't say what light_odin5's problem is ... clearly the firespitter plugin isn't working properly, but I have no idea why.

I think some miscommunication happened.

Yes, as Master Tao says, FS has been updated (and is included as such in the B9 download), but I believe blowfishes original question should read "Has your Firespitter been updated with the 0.25 version of the plugin?" as in, "did you install the one included from B9 or did you already have an old one and leave it?"

Question - I wanted to change the masses of many B9 parts with an MM config, since I find the non-hollow stuff to be a bit too much heavier than the hollow stuff (6 or 8x the weight without fuel or any other tanks in them). I'm using MFT. So I wrote an MM config with stuff like this:

@PART[b9_Structure_HX2_U]:Final {

@mass = 31.0

}

... with various masses for various parts I wanted to change. The original mass in that example was 62.something. But it doesn't actually change the mass of the part - remove all tanks with MFT, dry mass is still the mass listed in the part's config file. Is there something else at work here?

You probably have to change the base mass in the FSFuelSwitch module too.

Hmmm.. I tried this, but it didn't work either:

@PART[b9_Structure_HX2_U]:Final {

@mass = 31.0

@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch] {

@basePartMass = 31.0

}

}

EDIT: Think I figured it out. It's the multiplier in the MFT config that's creating the base mass of the part, since MFT removed the FS modules - just had to change that value and all the parts got changed (I think!)

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Hey B9 dev team, I have an idea that is either great or completely stupid: you can probably add a right-click option in the sph/vab that let you make the parts out of different materials such as aluminum, steel, or carbon fiber, and each material would have different prices, masses, and crash tolerances.

Hey B9 dev team, I have an idea that is either great or completely stupid: you can probably add a right-click option in the sph/vab that let you make the parts out of different materials such as aluminum, steel, or carbon fiber, and each material would have different prices, masses, and crash tolerances.

Interesting idea, but I'm pretty sure it would require some code. Firespitter allows modification of masses and prices (assuming you're willing to make long, tedious modifications to the CFGs) but I'm not aware of any plugin which allows changing the crash tolerance.

It's an interesting idea but it would involve a crazy amount of work, and would involve a multiplication of the RAM used for each material, in theory you could re-use most of the current textures and just swap the material on some sections, problem is that KSP doesn't support multiple UVs (would let you blend multiple textures) and normals go funny if you start cutting into UV maps moving sections around.

Edited by K3|Chris

Your install has a problem loading up stock resources such as IntakeAir, ElectricCharge and Monopropellant (the latter is causing the freeze as it's trying to add a resource that doesn't exist to a part (that uses it for ModuleRCS)). Make sure you have GameData\Squad\Resources\ResourcesGeneric.cfg and that nothing is interfering with it.

Your install has a problem loading up stock resources such as IntakeAir, ElectricCharge and Monopropellant (the latter is causing the freeze as it's trying to add a resource that doesn't exist to a part (that uses it for ModuleRCS)). Make sure you have GameData\Squad\Resources\ResourcesGeneric.cfg and that nothing is interfering with it.

You got in before the edit, I figured out that problem but thank you. (I deleted all my old mods and forgot to leave the Squad/NASA folders, oops)

That's a pWings issue. NathanKell posted a fixed dll here.

Second problem solved, thank you both. +Rep

Edited by Alshain

what does MODULE[NodeToggle] do? turn off unused stack nodes after launch?

Some of the parts have the ability to turn nodes on and off from their context menu in the VAB. E.g. so an HX module can have either one large node for attaching to a similar-size part or an array of smaller nodes.

I see. I read somewhere that unused stack nodes generate extra drag when using FAR so I was curious if NodeToggle turned off the extra nodes or not after launch

Interesting question but I don't know the answer. I wonder if FAR even knows how to interact with the node toggle plugin.

So ive got a problem. I looked through the thread and havent seen anything about it. The universal parts dont have fuel for me. I change them to the fuel tank configuration and they dont have fuel in them at all. Am I just dumb and missing something or is there actually a problem?

So ive got a problem. I looked through the thread and havent seen anything about it. The universal parts dont have fuel for me. I change them to the fuel tank configuration and they dont have fuel in them at all. Am I just dumb and missing something or is there actually a problem?

I was having the same problem. I fixed it by removing Modular Fuel Tanks and at the same time I also got the latest version of Firespitter.dll from Snjo's Github as I don't know how up to date the version included with B9 is. I don't know which fixed it, but the fuel switching works fine now.

I was having the same problem. I fixed it by removing Modular Fuel Tanks and at the same time I also got the latest version of Firespitter.dll from Snjo's Github as I don't know how up to date the version included with B9 is. I don't know which fixed it, but the fuel switching works fine now.

No dice. Snjo's version of firespitter.dll is dated august. And I've never used modular fuel tanks so thats not it. I appreciate your input though.

Odds are you installed it wrong or you have some other mod that interferes with FireSpitter, always the case.

I ran the game with only B9 and the default files in the gamedata folder. And its impossible that I messed up dragging and dropping one folder into the KSP main folder.

Figured it out. Had an ancient version of module manager along with the new one. Problem solved.