[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

So, I tried a whole series of landings to try and sort out what is happening. When I take off, it stays perfectly straight. When I land though, it tends to pull to the left, flip over and explode. The landing speed isn´t excessive, about 150 m/s. At least, it doesn´t seem excessive to me.

Any thoughts on what to check?

1) Widen the wheelbase

2) Check aerodynamic stability at very low speeds

I am really confused on installing this mod. Actually, I'm confused on everything, from the plugins to installation. Can any one help? Also, I'm new to the forums.

Merge the GameData folder in the download with the GameData folder of your KSP install. All of the plugin dependencies are included.

So, no extracting the download? Just merge the Game Data folder from the archive to the Game Data folder of my game?

Edit: Okay, I loaded up my game, but it crashes once it loads.

Edited by Tarkus

Well obviously unzip the archive, but you don't have to do anything special with the contents beyond merging the contents of GameData.

And it's impossible to know the cause of a crash unless you post the output log - you can find it at KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt or something like that. A frequent culprit is running out of memory, in which case you probably want to get Active Texture Management.

Found an issue with Cd on a the S2 Fuselage Adapter. I'm not sure if it's with B9 or FAR though. When flying, the Cd that shows up when tinted is very high, nearly as high as the cockpit. It is not as much so when the part is revered, but still noticeable. There is one behind the precoolers and one on in front of the Sabre M on the SSTO in the screenshots.

k3pDh5T.png

V0bz6Fe.png

Well obviously unzip the archive, but you don't have to do anything special with the contents beyond merging the contents of GameData.

And it's impossible to know the cause of a crash unless you post the output log - you can find it at KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt or something like that. A frequent culprit is running out of memory, in which case you probably want to get Active Texture Management.

Okay, thanks for the help.

Loving it! One little thing...whenever I turn on SAS the plane starts to wobble and shake. This only happens when airborne, and occurs whether or not the craft is reinforced with struts and whether or not the motors can gimbal. Any fixes?

Loving it! One little thing...whenever I turn on SAS the plane starts to wobble and shake. This only happens when airborne, and occurs whether or not the craft is reinforced with struts and whether or not the motors can gimbal. Any fixes?

It's not B9's fault. SAS just doesn't do too well if you have too much control authority. You could try reducing the deflection of the control surfaces, disabling torque, etc.

Pilot Assistant also includes an SAS tuner that you can use to remove the vibration/wobble.

Open up the SAS window, toggle on the stock SAS mode, increase the fourth value (Scalar? I think thats what I labelled it as...) on the axis thats over-reacting until it stabilises :)

Edited by Crzyrndm

So, someone told me that B9 has airbrakes somewhere, but I can't find them for the life of me. Can someone point me in the right direction? Haven't managed a landing without running off the end of the runway since I installed FAR... (I'm terrible at shedding speed with turns, so spaceplanes tend to still be near/above mach 1 when they reach KSC)

Anyone else having issues getting the M27 cockpit to work? When I try to use it, the kerbals inside seem to disappear on launch (no portraits in the lower right, can't enter IVA, ship is uncontrollable). They appear to be there though, because when I recover the vessel, it recovers the two kerbals that were inside!

I am using RPM, and also using DDS4KSP, but I don't think either is directly causing issues. I looked at the configs and noticed something interesting in the B9_Aerospace/RPM/Patches directory. "b9-m27-remade-internal.cfg" refers to a model that doesn't exist in the pack, with the "model = B9_Aerospace/Spaces/B9_Cockpit_M27_Internal/model". Is this supposed to refer to the same model that's normally used for this cockpit, which is "B9_Aerospace/Spaces/m27model"?

Edit: Just tested it, and that fix seems to resolve the problem.

Edit2: Looks like some other configs in that patch dir may need to be updated as well.

Edited by Orum

B9_Aerospace/RPM/Patches should't exist I don't think. It's certainly not in the 5.2.6 download.

Yeah, I just realized these are actually from the official RPM distribution. Not sure why it's installing anything in B9's folder...

Yeah, I just realized these are actually from the official RPM distribution. Not sure why it's installing anything in B9's folder...

It's in outdated RPM versions, it's not in later versions, was for B9 v4 and earlier that didn't have it's own RPM configurations.

It's in outdated RPM versions, it's not in later versions, was for B9 v4 and earlier that didn't have it's own RPM configurations.

Yeah, my RPM was out of of date by one minor version. I've updated and things are working now.

For whatever reason, my loading screen hangs indefinitely on loading the D25 part config. Deleting this then causes the game to hang loading the next cockpit. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

For whatever reason, my loading screen hangs indefinitely on loading the D25 part config. Deleting this then causes the game to hang loading the next cockpit. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

You have probably hit the ram limit. Try using Active Texture Management mod or remove some mods then load up KSP and lower your Texture Quality in the video configs then re-add the mods you removed. Changing the texture quality in the configs from Full to Half generally lowers ram usage by 40%. If you want to keep high(Full) quality textures then use the ATM mod.

You have probably hit the ram limit. Try using Active Texture Management mod or remove some mods then load up KSP and lower your Texture Quality in the video configs then re-add the mods you removed. Changing the texture quality in the configs from Full to Half generally lowers ram usage by 40%. If you want to keep high(Full) quality textures then use the ATM mod.

Nevermind, it turns out the issue was with the Proximity mod. Everything works fine now, thanks.