[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

After some testing, yes and no.

The pods, rockets, and fuel tanks mostly work, but landing gear does not and most parts that have multiple configurations (heat shielding, kind of fuel, etc) are buggy.

Ok, but i tried it out and the pods wont work, it says that there is no command pod when i launch, then i can restart the flight or go to the space center

After some testing, yes and no.

The pods, rockets, and fuel tanks mostly work, but landing gear does not and most parts that have multiple configurations (heat shielding, kind of fuel, etc) are buggy.

The landing gear and part switch modules rely on Firespitter. Firespitter has been updated.

Hello, I was wondering when we can expect an update to B9 for 0.90.0? Thanks in advance, great mod.

You can get it working by updating Firespitter. I wouldn't expect an official update for a while due to bac9 and Taverius being absent.

Also you could have gotten all that information from the last few pages of this thread. I feel like this is at least the 10th time this has been explained.

You can get it working by updating Firespitter. I wouldn't expect an official update for a while due to bac9 and Taverius being absent.

Also you could have gotten all that information from the last few pages of this thread. I feel like this is at least the 10th time this has been explained.

Now that is hardly polite... who cares how many times it has been asked and answered. His post saved me having to backtrack through the forums to find the same answer.

Now that is hardly polite... who cares how many times it has been asked and answered. His post saved me having to backtrack through the forums to find the same answer.

Agreed. Found a solution instantly just as i went to the last page.

Well it was mentioned less than 10 posts ago.

And 10 post before that. And 10 before that.

If everyone who asked the question just looked to see if it was asked in this thread, or used the advanced search function there wouldn't be an additional 10 pages on this thread.

Just saying.

Here's a plan: let's gripe about people asking harmless questions until the page changes again. That way someone else will ask again. It's a self-feeding cycle... If we can just extract power from it we'll have a perpetual motion engine!

Here's a plan: let's gripe about people asking harmless questions until the page changes again. That way someone else will ask again. It's a self-feeding cycle... If we can just extract power from it we'll have a perpetual motion engine!

I think somebody should devise a mod for KSP based around this principle, something in the vein of a steam engine with forum posts as its coal

I'm not absent, but I don't see a way to release 0.90 version yet as the mod depends on more plugins than Firespitter and many of them were not updated for 0.90.

Thx for the update sir, keep up the awesome work you do.

I'm not absent, but I don't see a way to release 0.90 version yet as the mod depends on more plugins than Firespitter and many of them were not updated for 0.90.

What plugins does it use besides firespitter? Just wondering.

It would make a lot of sense if it was those packed with it.... I'm just wondering wich one are adding only functionnality and wich one are kinda core, and without them you'll encouter bugs

CrossFeedEnabler : not core ? put fuel line everywhere, or use stock module ( there's definitely a reason for not using them )

Firespitter : updated

JSI : maybe not core, as long as you don't plan to EVA

KinetechAnimation : Core ; it's for cargo doors and generators I guess

Klokheed martian: Not core, but you probably have to put back a stock MODULEGimbal on engines that we're using it. It may be essential for VTOL engine too.

MP_Nazari: ?BOGUS_NODE? good question

ResGen: I would say core, I haven't had time to read the extended docs yet

Smokescreen : Updated

VirginGalactic : it's a ressource management plugin, I don'T know how it's used in B9

So if you read each read me in these respective folder you'll have plenty of information on what is what! And you can also go see on these mods respective thread ! I think some are not develloped anymore though ?

CrossFeedEnabler : not core ? put fuel line everywhere, or use stock module ( there's definitely a reason for not using them )

Allows you to crossfeed fuel on radially attached parts, you need to fool around with a lot of fuel lines otherwise.

JSI : maybe not core, as long as you don't plan to EVA

Well it breaks all IVAs to remove it, not sure if it's broken or not actually.

KinetechAnimation : Core ; it's for cargo doors and generators I guess

No it's used to close the air intakes when you get to space and similar animation features. Generators are ResGen and cargo doors are FireSpitter

Klokheed martian: Not core, but you probably have to put back a stock MODULEGimbal on engines that we're using it. It may be essential for VTOL engine too.

We're only still using it on the VTOL engines, stock's gimbal code doesn't have the engine turning feature the VTOL engines use.

MP_Nazari: ?BOGUS_NODE? good question

That's hotrockets for better engine effects.

ResGen: I would say core, I haven't had time to read the extended docs yet

It's used for the compressed air nozzles.

VirginGalactic : it's a ressource management plugin, I don'T know how it's used in B9

I think that's the mod we use to toggle nodes on the HX parts on/off to aid placement.

I think some are not develloped anymore though ?

Correct, some of then were updated by Taverious last time they broke .24/.25~

Right lol !

Thank you for the precision K3 , but my post was mostly aiming to highlight the fact that all these mods have read me and therefore, it should be possible to anyone who's wondering what is what to get a clear answer if they put the time in it .... took me a minute to make these conclusion without opening anything, so I'M sur ethat reading, as usual, is an infinite source of complementary info :D

@Hyomoto, obviously your right, but we should not forget that B9 has been out there forever and that it's been builded with the API avaible at each stage of its devellopement. The author could not guess wich API would lose support and wich would become more and more important in the modders community. Rebuilding from scratch with different api something that took years to put together is likely taking years.... you can'T just cut and paste, you have to rethink everything through.

I'm pretty confident though that you guys that are develloping B9 are gonna be able to save as much as possible, probably by making a few sacrifices on functionnality not supported anymore.

With the new mk3 part, I almost feel like squad was jealous and they decided to break B9 and it's nicer spaceplane parts, by making sure all it's dependencies would get messed up :P

I'm not sure wich engine your talking about but if it's airbreathing it makes a lot of sense that near changed it's behavior. The LFO engine should keep the same thrust though. What you 'll lose in thrust you win it in lift because of the better aero model.

it was the turbo jet engine which was originally at 225 but is now at 112.5

EDIT: forgot to mention it has no effect on the stock engines which then makes them the most powerful and most efficient engine

Edited by BLUESHADOW125

Hi. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the b9 cargo bays are not working in 0.25. I would right-click on the bay and not get any sort of menu. I looked at this thread and found that I needed to install a different aerodynamics model, so I installed NEAR. Now I can right-click on the cargo bay and get a menu, but there are no buttons on it, so I can't open or close the bay doors. This happens while in the SPH and on the runway/in flight.

EDIT: I installed Firespitter and it worked, thx!

Edited by livefree75

it was the turbo jet engine which was originally at 225 but is now at 112.5

EDIT: forgot to mention it has no effect on the stock engines which then makes them the most powerful and most efficient engine

The turbojets ahve been reduced to be more realistic. It's normal behavior. Their top speed is around 1080 m/s too.