[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

I have deleted all local content and re-installed KSP 3 times now and the new .90 B9 pack as well. I am having no luck with the HX parts series. I am having the same problem as Paul Nixon up there in #1812. My HX series parts just seem to fall through other parts regardless of how many strut connectors I attach etc., Sometimes they just fly apart on the launchpad before I get a chance to even power up my craft at both the VAB and SPH. The HX series of parts looks really awesome and adds alot of possibility to the game. I notice that there are no really stock doors on the HX parts but I've made some really cool doors/ramps/hatches etc,. utilizing Kerbal Attachment system and Infernal Robotics parts. I realize there is a runway weight limit and I haven't exceeded that yet and only do I break the launchpad when these super heavy parts fall off my craft. Is there anyway to make the HX super large parts more rigid or stronger when they attach to each other?

I too have this issue... no one seems to know how to fix it

I was thinking, why doesn't Bac9 and his contributors transition the kinetech animations to use firespitter animation. This would eliminate kinetech, and since all the jet engines and landing gear in the pack require firespitter anyway, it's not really adding any requirements.

I too have this issue... no one seems to know how to fix it

It's a problem with the Virgin Kalactic dll. Granted, no-one may know the fix, but that's the problem.

I was thinking, why doesn't Bac9 and his contributors transition the kinetech animations to use firespitter animation.

Because right now, Firespitter doesn't automatically animate things based on altitude and speed. Kinetech does.

It's a problem with the Virgin Kalactic dll. Granted, no-one may know the fix, but that's the problem.

Because right now, Firespitter doesn't automatically animate things based on altitude and speed. Kinetech does.

Okay.. Roger that.. I'll dig around for a bit and try to find the fix

I've downloaded version 5.2.8 but AVC is reporting it as incompatible with the current version of KSP. I went ahead and changed the numbers in the version file from

{

"NAME": "B9 Aerospace",

"URL": "http://bitbucket.org/Taverius/b9-aerospace/raw/HEAD/GameData/B9_Aerospace/B9_Aerospace.version",

"VERSION": {

"MAJOR": 5,

"MINOR": 2,

"PATCH": 6

},

"KSP_VERSION": {

"MAJOR": 0,

"MINOR": 25,

"PATCH": 0

}

}

to

{

"NAME": "B9 Aerospace",

"URL": "http://bitbucket.org/Taverius/b9-aerospace/raw/HEAD/GameData/B9_Aerospace/B9_Aerospace.version",

"VERSION": {

"MAJOR": 5,

"MINOR": 2,

"PATCH": 8

},

"KSP_VERSION": {

"MAJOR": 0,

"MINOR": 90,

"PATCH": 0

}

}

AVC then no longer reports the mod as incompatible. I've downloaded 5.2.8 from all three sources and got the same thing.

So I have this weird problem where I can't cycle through the subtypes on some of the parts, (MK2 parts in particular, might be others, but a few did work.) My landing gear won't roll, and air brakes are static objects and won't deploy. I have kinetech and firespitter installed and the other mods I have that need them work fine, so I don't really know whats up.

So I have this weird problem where I can't cycle through the subtypes on some of the parts, (MK2 parts in particular, might be others, but a few did work.) My landing gear won't roll, and air brakes are static objects and won't deploy. I have kinetech and firespitter installed and the other mods I have that need them work fine, so I don't really know whats up.

Sounds like a Firespitter issue. Either reinstall the dll from the B9 download or get the latest version from snoj's Github.

Do you think the texture management thing is still necessary if I have 16G of RAM to play with? THis looks epic.

Yes, because the 32 bit version of KSP can only address 4 GB and the 64 bit version is highly unstable.

Hello good forum peoplez

My planet Kerbin seems to have exploded (see image) ;.;

yO8nGLi.jpg?2

This happens when launching an aircraft with a B9 air intake attached (the rest of the time the universe does not explode and you wouldn't even know there was an issue). The game hasn't crashed but is obviously not a happy bunny and I can't do anything except return to the space centre (where everything returns to normal). This does not occur with a stock game so it must be to do with another mod I've got installed - here's the list:

Active Texture Management

Advanced Animator

AIES Aerospace (*)

Animated Decouples

ALCOR Capsule

ASET Portable Rover components

EVE + Astronomers visual Pack V2

B9 Aerospace (*)

Community Tech Tree

Cross Feed Enabler

Custom Biomes

Deadly Reentry

Distant Object enhancement

DMagic Orbital Science

Docking Port Alignment

Editor Extensions

Enhanced Navball

Fusebox

Goodspeed Fuel Pump

Habitat Pack (*)

Hyper Edit

In flight Waypoints

Interstellar

KAS

Alarm Clock

Joint Reinforcement

Engineer

KM Gimbal + Smart Parts + Special Parts + SSE (*)

SDHI (*)

KW (*)

Landing hight

Infernal Robotics

Intersteller

Map Resource Overlay

Mechjeb

Memory Usage

Module Manager

Near Future Construction + Electric + Propulsion + Solar + Spacecraft (*)

Orbital Material Science

Planet shine

Proc Wings

Proc Fairings

Raster Prop Monitor

RCS Build Aid

RCS Sounds

Realchute Parachute Systems

ScanSat 9

Science Alert

Ship Manifest

Smart Stage

S6 Service Compartments

Hot Rockets

Station Science

Stock Bug Fix Modules

Switch Vessel

Tac Fuel Balancer

Tech Manager

Tool Bar

Texture Replacer

Trajectories

Transfer Window Planner

Tweakscale

universal Storage

Active Texture Management (Aggressive)

* = part pruning has taken place

The game is a clean install of 0.90 running the 32bit version in openGL mode in Windows 7 64bit (also fresh install) with Texture Replacer and Active Texture Management doing their thing. I know; it's a lot of mods, but the game peaks at around 3.2 gigs but mostly sits at around 2.5 gigs (according to KSP Memory Usage Mod) - I haven't had a crash due to memory in a long time. Some of these mods are not yet updated to 0.90 officially. In every case where that is the case (e.g. Intersteller, Map Recourse Overlay), maintenance patches, unofficial recompiles, MM patches etc have been used. Where such resources were not available (e.g. Kw Rocketry), careful research using this forum has been carried out to ensure compatibility (as far as anyone knows) with 0.90. AFAIK, everything is up to date.

finally, the log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx84s4mt70vqbqd/output_log.txt?dl=0

Please help - Bill and Bob (jeb died... sad) are frustrated that they cannot go to space today :rolleyes:

Any pointers you could give would be much appreciated

Thanks

Im still having 0 luck with B9 parts, I cannot make a B9 Only plane and most of the time I am only using the engines and landing gears, I have the HX, all the Fuselage, and wings Missing (apart from heavy wings) , Stress ;-;

Edited by GGMC
Missed out.

@rextable

This is a list of the mods I have that you also have:

Active Texture Management (Aggressive)

AIES Aerospace

EVE + Astronomers Active Texture Management (Aggressive) AIES Aerospace

EVE + Astronomers Visual Pack:Edge Of Oblivion

B9 Aerospace

Community Tech Tree

Cross Feed Enabler

Distant Object enhancement

Docking Port Alignment

Editor Extensions

Enhanced Navball

Fusebox

Hyper Edit

Interstellar

KAS

Alarm Clock

KW

Infernal Robotics

Intersteller

Map Resource Overlay

Mechjeb

Memory Usage

Module Manager

Near Future Construction + Propulsion + Solar

Planet shine

Proc Wings

Proc Fairings

Raster Prop Monitor

RCS Build Aid

Realchute Parachute Systems

ScanSat 9

Science Alert

Ship Manifest

S6 Service Compartments

Hot Rockets

Tac Fuel Balancer

Tech Manager

Tool Bar

Texture Replacer

Trajectories

Tweakscale

Edited by Hairy Al

In the most recent update (5.2.8) the really big parts added in 5.0.0 break on launch and are impossible to use. I really love this mod pack so if you could kindly fix it i would be grateful! thanks!

It's a know problem with the NodeSwitch module. I don't think a fix has been proposed yet.