[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Anybody else have an error where delta wings blows off when hitting the atmosphere using Ferram Aerospace?

It happens when I try to aerobrake on Eve. It happens when air pressure is 0.005 or there about. I can hardly see my speed going down, so the atmosphere should be super thin and nothing should blow off. Trying at a shallow angle. It doesn't say "high dynamic pressure" in FAR.

For some reason, B9's HL cockpit is making KSP not load. Here's a log, please help if you know the problem

And I don't have ModularFuelTanks or Real Fuels installed.

Well, something is preventing Monopropellant and ElectricCharge from being recognized as resources, and it isn't B9. Based on this error, I'm guessing that the game would crash on load even without B9.

Anybody else have an error where delta wings blows off when hitting the atmosphere using Ferram Aerospace?

It happens when I try to aerobrake on Eve. It happens when air pressure is 0.005 or there about. I can hardly see my speed going down, so the atmosphere should be super thin and nothing should blow off. Trying at a shallow angle. It doesn't say "high dynamic pressure" in FAR.

1) What does the dynamic pressure (Q) readout say in FAR's flight data?

2) What is the mass/strength of the wing set to?

first off, thanks for the great mod! just had a quick question. i've been experimenting with a few builds and using the S2 crew tank/command cockpit. i noticed that they show up in the staging when i get ready to launch, but i can't figure out what purpose its serve. anyone know why these parts are staged and what the staging actually does?

1) What does the dynamic pressure (Q) readout say in FAR's flight data?

2) What is the mass/strength of the wing set to?

Dynamic pressure is nominal. The wings blow off at around 75000m. It happens without warning. I can do returns from orbit on kerbin. Mass/strength is 1. I can see in an old b9 version, that it used to be a problem, but should be fixed. All mods up to date.

The windows inmy B9 cockpits appear steamed up with condensation or dirty/ blurry around the edges is that a feature?

Still extant, so either I've another mod conflicting, perhaps all those clouds.

Or the windows in everyone else B9cockpits are less transparent than the stock ones?

Dynamic pressure is nominal. The wings blow off at around 75000m. It happens without warning. I can do returns from orbit on kerbin. Mass/strength is 1. I can see in an old b9 version, that it used to be a problem, but should be fixed. All mods up to date.

Fair enough. Does FAR give you the aerodynamic failure alert after they blow off?

Is there a fix for the HX heavy lifter parts yet?

I don't believe so, no.

Still extant, so either I've another mod conflicting, perhaps all those clouds.

Or the windows in everyone else B9cockpits are less transparent than the stock ones?

Hard to say. Are they less transparent than this? That's from the release album.

B9 IVA glass have simulated imperfections like dirt and specs on it, it's by design to make it look like glass, an object that's completely transparent doesn't look like glass, it looks like air, glass in reality has all those imperfections and reflections to it which we're good at ignoring out of hand. KSP can't really do reflections as far as I know and it would be really expensive computationally to do so, but imperfections it can simulate using a texture.

I made that texture and I tried to layer some white, black and browns in there to simulate a window exposed to high heat (blacks are baked debris), high speed (tried to layer in streaks into the texture to make it look like water and air has pushed along the window in the direction it would go at speed) and some brown specs in places that are very low opacity, middle effect bellow the streaks of a swirling motion to simulate someone cleaning the windows with a rag or similar in a circular motion. I tried to balance the opacity to make it visible enough but not obtrusive.

I really wish the windows had different effects based on situation though, would be awesome if they frosted up in space, got gradually more dirty as the plane flew, much more so during re-entry etc.

Edited by K3|Chris

Fair enough. Does FAR give you the aerodynamic failure alert after they blow off?

hmm I think that it does say that, maybe not right away. It just seems really wierd for them to blow of all of the sudden, when airpressure is so low and no real airbraking is taking place. Especially when it doesn't happen at Kerbin when returning from orbit (i can fly here with high dynamic pressure)

hmm I think that it does say that, maybe not right away. It just seems really wierd for them to blow of all of the sudden, when airpressure is so low and no real airbraking is taking place. Especially when it doesn't happen at Kerbin when returning from orbit (i can fly here with high dynamic pressure)

Remember, aerodynamic forces are proportional to dynamic pressure, not static pressure, but if what you say is true then that couldn't be the cause. What I'm curious about is if this is a FAR aerodynamic failure (in which case FAR would give you a message about it) or something else.

Remember, aerodynamic forces are proportional to dynamic pressure, not static pressure, but if what you say is true then that couldn't be the cause. What I'm curious about is if this is a FAR aerodynamic failure (in which case FAR would give you a message about it) or something else.

Yeah. I'm a 100% sure that the wings blow off when FAR readout is nominal. It might change after that. That's what I mean by all of the sudden. It seems like odd behavior, when I enter the atmosphere pretty shallow, and it doesn't happen at Kerbin. My AoA is less than 10 degrees.

Regarding the wheels, I can guess that it's because one of B9's dependencies (I'm not sure which one's used for the wheels) is outdated; try reinstalling and overwriting all your SmokeScreen, Firespitter, etc. folders.

Regarding the textures, that usually happens when it tries to superimpose two identical models on top of one another. Can I ask what part that is so I can see if I can reproduce it? Also try making sure symmetry's off; I've gotten weird issues like that due to symmetry.

I'm kind of new to this whole "trying to help with support" thing, so I have no idea if this advice will be helpful or not.

I don't know why the wheels would be locked. Maybe it's a problem with Firespitter? I don't remember if there's a right-click option to lock or unlock them. Perhaps that?

The texture thing seems to happen more often with 0.90. It's placing the part twice in the same spot. Make sure your symmetry is set to 1. In the previous versions if you had symettry set to anything higher than 1 it would automatically set it to 1 when you attached it to a single end point. In 0.90 it doesn't seem to switch it to 1 in those situations anymore.

Just want to chime in and say I love the HX parts. Star-Destroyer sized ships. Hell yes :cool:. Thanks for making them available for us.

The only thing missing on the ships I am building is a HX size bridge unit to control them from. I know this has been brought up as Issue #51 in bitbucket. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Its the HL 6m universal body, it seems that that part should have flat sides but, its acutaly round. Also reinstall the firespitter/ other files didnt fix textures or wheels.

Still sounds like Firespitter is broken. Try downloading the dll directly from snjo's GitHub page (linked in the Firespitter thread)

I installed B9 Aerospace from CKAN on a clean install of KSP, and am experiencing glitches on the IVA screens for all the B9 pods. The screens are showing the current camera view instead of the interfaces they are supposed to show. Anyone else have this bug?

EDIT: I tried installing B9 Aerospace from Kerbal Stuff instead and the IVAs worked, so the issue must have something to do with CKAN.

Screenshot:

QbRMSlC.jpg

Edited by TheLastMonkeylander