[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

I need some help, when I first installed b9 5.2.8, when i spawned b9 ships on the runway, it didn't show the crew in the bottom right hand corner and I wasn't able to start the engines. So I looked it up, and i saw to try and do it completely through winrar or 7-zip, both of those didn't work, what happened from that was,the crew and the engine was fine, but the wheels seemed to lock up and have like a little graphical glitch. All stock parts from squad worked fine. I deleted the programmed B9 folder in atm and had it make a new one when i started up the game, i did not alter the mod files in any way, i just merged the two gamedata folders. PLEASE HELP, I really love this mod.

So is your problem now only with the wheels?

Pretty much because i deleted the firespitter folder because I already had firespitter.dll. So the crew are showing up fine, so yes just the wheels now

Hmm, well the usual culprit for wheel problems is a non-functional firespitter.dll so just to be sure - are all the mesh and fuel switch options working properly? When you right click the landing gear in the VAB do the usual landing gear options show up (steering, motor, etc)?

Whatever I do, I get a bunch of texture not found errors, the rasterprop monitor doesn't work (initialization failed) and all the parts are white. No matter how I fiddle with the graphics settings.

Good that I deleted my 0.25 folder before installing 0.90... *grumble grumble grumble*

Whatever I do, I get a bunch of texture not found errors, the rasterprop monitor doesn't work (initialization failed) and all the parts are white. No matter how I fiddle with the graphics settings.

Good that I deleted my 0.25 folder before installing 0.90... *grumble grumble grumble*

The white models are of course a result of the textures not being found. All I can say is to reinstall B9 and see if that fixes it. And I think you can find an unofficial patch for RPM in the official thread which makes it work with 0.90.

Yes, I discovered that myself. Extra checked if the files are read-only after the log told me it can't open the textures... however they weren't. So I made a clean install with B9 only, and a new download ofcourse. Aaaaand it didn't work.

I'm really not sure how this is even possible. I even started it as admin... in compatibility mode... I'm really not sure what else I can do.

EDIT:Reinstalling the game seems to have fixed it! Well, thank God!

Edited by dimovski

Hmm, well the usual culprit for wheel problems is a non-functional firespitter.dll so just to be sure - are all the mesh and fuel switch options working properly? When you right click the landing gear in the VAB do the usual landing gear options show up (steering, motor, etc)?

Well, when I had the firespitter folder from the b9 pack, the staging wouldn't show up on the runway, I deleted the included firespitter and had a different one, so the number switches (including the landing gear) are not working and when i try to right click in chase cam the cargo bay and gear don't work and even the gear button doesn't make the wheels retract, am I supposed to keep the included firespitter plugin and put it in the plugin files, or keep my current firespitter.dll and put it in the GAMEDATA folder?

Use the version from the 5.2.8 download - it's updated for 0.90. It should be in GameData/Firespitter/Plugins. If you have another version somewhere else then delete it.

Your wheel problems strongly suggest that whatever version you have now isn't working.

Use the version from the 5.2.8 download - it's updated for 0.90. It should be in GameData/Firespitter/Plugins. If you have another version somewhere else then delete it.

Your wheel problems strongly suggest that whatever version you have now isn't working.

Ok, I will try that

I noticed that there are parts above Deadly Reentry maxtemp of 1250, so their heat tolerances get halved. Some of those parts have heat shielding. The ones that don't, notably the intakes, get fried at around 850 degrees. Is this intentional for the intakes?

A minor question/note : will bac9 add option to HX4-UH for aerodynamic shielding ? As HX series of parts have been presented in some youtube videos, it was demonstrated how a smaller craft (a SSTO even) enters the hull of the larger craft built from HX parts. If this part really is intended to hold payloads, it should protect whatever is inside with FAR/NEAR installed. So far, it does not.

From what i've learned, the only way for FAR/NEAR to know if some part should protect payloads is by scanning its name for "fairing" or "cargo bay" (info taken from FAR thread, first post).

If this is addressed/resolved, a HX4-UH part with removable supports will be the ultimate in payload hauling. Stack two of these and you've got yourself a mountain mover. :)

PS: I would try to use some MM patching, but MM uses part name for pretty much everything, changing it on-the-fly like other parameters would undermine the whole patching logic, so the name change must be manually done at the part cfg itself. There is no other way (unless ferram4 in his FAR/NEAR implements a different way of identifying payload carrier parts). And i would like bac9 to officially update it in this pack.

Edited by fatcargo

PS: I would try to use some MM patching, but MM uses part name for pretty much everything, changing it on-the-fly like other parameters would undermine the whole patching logic, so the name change must be manually done at the part cfg itself. There is no other way (unless ferram4 in his FAR/NEAR implements a different way of identifying payload carrier parts). And i would like bac9 to officially update it in this pack.

FAR uses the part title to determine shielding, not the part name, which is what MM references. You are free to change the part title without breaking anything.

FAR uses the part title to determine shielding, not the part name, which is what MM references. You are free to change the part title without breaking anything.

Ohh nice !

Aaand a another annoyance : you could prettly much configure HX4-UH to be a skeleton-style part and it would still keep shielding the payload :) I really have to be careful what i wish for. :) I guess it is pretty much upto the player how ridiciolous his/hers flying contraptions look. :)

I see in the description of some of the really large parts that they are designed to be assembles in orbit, how would I go about doing this? I don't exactly have a VAB orbiting kerbin and KAS doesn't do part attachment from what ive been able to see?

I see in the description of some of the really large parts that they are designed to be assembles in orbit, how would I go about doing this? I don't exactly have a VAB orbiting kerbin and KAS doesn't do part attachment from what ive been able to see?

Use docking ports

Or Extraplanetary Launchpads mod with MKS preferably :) it allows to have an Orbital Shipyard

Edited by Enceos

Ohh nice !

Aaand a another annoyance : you could prettly much configure HX4-UH to be a skeleton-style part and it would still keep shielding the payload :) I really have to be careful what i wish for. :) I guess it is pretty much upto the player how ridiciolous his/hers flying contraptions look. :)

Also there is a config file in the FAR folder called FARPartClassification.cfg in it it will tell you the various words that FAR looks for in the part title and what kind of attributes it will assign them, also you can add your own titles to one of the various categories if you want something unique instead of just "fairing" or "cargo bay"