[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

I'm getting an annoying bug with the HX parts ;.;

Every time i launch a large HX craft it breaks apart on the runway. There's no explosions, all the parts just start falling through each other :mad::confused:

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I'm also noticing NaN errors when it happens:

TfvPTQ6.jpg

I'm getting an annoying bug with the HX parts ;.;

Every time i launch a large HX craft it breaks apart on the runway. There's no explosions, all the parts just start falling through each other :mad::confused:

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I'm also noticing NaN errors when it happens:

http://i.imgur.com/TfvPTQ6.jpg

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630?p=1732204&viewfull=1#post1732204

uh,I remember someone gave me the craft files for the ships in the OP,but now i deleted them due to the same issue like above,could someone please pm me them? thanks!

uh,I remember someone gave me the craft files for the ships in the OP,but now i deleted them due to the same issue like above,could someone please pm me them? thanks!

I posted these last year:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630-0-90-B9-Aerospace-Release-5-2-8-%28updated-30-12-14%29?p=1436356&viewfull=1#post1436356

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630-0-90-B9-Aerospace-Release-5-2-8-%28updated-30-12-14%29?p=1432314&viewfull=1#post1432314

Problem.

When i put on any plain flat surface looking adapter from the HX. (all but the one that has only one node at its top). seams to phase threw the ship, and fall to the ground, as if the part has no clipping. its a few of the cone or pyramid looking parts that is able to hold liquid fuel and oxidizer or nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem.

When i put on any plain flat surface looking adapter from the HX. (all but the one that has only one node at its top). seams to phase threw the ship, and fall to the ground, as if the part has no clipping. its a few of the cone or pyramid looking parts and right triangle parts that is able to hold liquid fuel and oxidizer or nothing.

Problem.

When i put on any plain flat surface looking adapter from the HX. (all but the one that has only one node at its top). seams to phase threw the ship, and fall to the ground, as if the part has no clipping. its a few of the cone or pyramid looking parts and right triangle parts that is able to hold liquid fuel and oxidizer or nothing.

Go back one page, you'll find a link to this.

Hey folks,

first of all I have to say that I really appreciate the work that went into this mod. I was able playing the game 1,5 years ago and had to make a break due to personal reasons. Hell, the mod evolved since then!

In my current career I want to use as few mod parts as possible so I just want to use the "Utility_Light_A" und "Utility_Light_N" I was using back then.

But the new installation instructions and folder structures are too much for me. So which files and folders do I have to keep in order for the lights to work? :confused:

Thank you for your help! :)

I just downloaded this mod again because I finally got enough RAM on my computer to handle it all but my add-on checker is telling me that I'm still running B9 5.2.6 and a few others that don't work with .90.0 I just downloaded it from the link above so I was wondering what I'm doing wrong

I am having a problem with the wheels. I try to take off and the wheels won't roll. It's like the breaks are on, the back end woobles back and forth until finally exploding. I have done everything I can think of but nothing is working. I checked and the breaks are not on. I am using adjustable landing gear, antilock breaks, and NEAR Aireospace. anyone have any idea what is cuasing this?

I am having a problem with the wheels. I try to take off and the wheels won't roll. It's like the breaks are on, the back end woobles back and forth until finally exploding. I have done everything I can think of but nothing is working. I checked and the breaks are not on. I am using adjustable landing gear, antilock breaks, and NEAR Aireospace. anyone have any idea what is cuasing this?

Sounds like an outdated firespitter.dll

I'm having trouble with the HX dual-dock piece. After launching, a few thousand meters up it simply disappears. And the physics gets pretty weird. I've tried it on several setups to see if it was just user error on my initial launcher, but it keeps happening. To be clear, I cannot get the dual-dock piece into space.

I just downloaded this from Kerbalstuff.com. I also downloaded the same file from curse.com

AVC says that B9, ResGen and Kline are all for 0.25.

The web site(s) say version 5.2.8, the file says that also, but the B9_Aerospace.version has the following:

{
"NAME": "B9 Aerospace",
"URL": "http://bitbucket.org/Taverius/b9-aerospace/raw/HEAD/GameData/B9_Aerospace/B9_Aerospace.version",
"VERSION": {
"MAJOR": 5,
"MINOR": 2,
"PATCH": 6
},
"KSP_VERSION": {
"MAJOR": 0,
"MINOR": 25,
"PATCH": 0
}
}

which indicates that this is for 0.25, and is version 5.2.6

so I don't know if it's just a bad version file or a total mistake.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I was having trouble docking my "bridge" sections to my big HX ships. They would dock just fine, but then if you fired up the engines to go anywhere, the bridge would flop around and either smack the ship or pass right through it, as though it were attached via some invisible orb instead of a large structural dock. My other pieces didn't have this issues, but they also used HX structural hubs along with the docking ports.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

After a few more trial-and-error missions and tests, I'm almost certain the wonky big docking issues stemmed from Kerbal Attachment System. To solve, dock your sections, stabilize and quicksave if in doubt, and return to the Space Center. Then re-Fly your craft from the station, and the physics should re-balance and treat your ship as a unified architecture. I tried this with several different "bridge" sections, and it seems to work every time.

I was having trouble docking my "bridge" sections to my big HX ships. They would dock just fine, but then if you fired up the engines to go anywhere, the bridge would flop around and either smack the ship or pass right through it, as though it were attached via some invisible orb instead of a large structural dock. My other pieces didn't have this issues, but they also used HX structural hubs along with the docking ports.

http://imgur.com/a/S6d1J

After a few more trial-and-error missions and tests, I'm almost certain the wonky big docking issues stemmed from Kerbal Attachment System. To solve, dock your sections, stabilize and quicksave if in doubt, and return to the Space Center. Then re-Fly your craft from the station, and the physics should re-balance and treat your ship as a unified architecture. I tried this with several different "bridge" sections, and it seems to work every time.

Probably just stock joint strength being too weak for such big parts and the TWR being very different between the two sections. Since you have KAS installed, you could put some struts on in EVA. Also recommend Kerbal Joint Reinforcement for making your rockets generally not flop around like wet noodles :)

Probably just stock joint strength being too weak for such big parts and the TWR being very different between the two sections. Since you have KAS installed, you could put some struts on in EVA. Also recommend Kerbal Joint Reinforcement for making your rockets generally not flop around like wet noodles :)

Actually, think about replacing KAS with KIS