[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Ok, so I downloaded this and a lot of the parts don't seem to show up, all I get are the cockpits, a few adapters and the landing gear. Nothing else. I have no idea what I have done wrong. Any advice?

You will need to provide more information. Please read this. Start by posting an output log.

A minor question/note : will bac9 add option to HX4-UH for aerodynamic shielding ? As HX series of parts have been presented in some youtube videos, it was demonstrated how a smaller craft (a SSTO even) enters the hull of the larger craft built from HX parts. If this part really is intended to hold payloads, it should protect whatever is inside with FAR/NEAR installed. So far, it does not.

From what i've learned, the only way for FAR/NEAR to know if some part should protect payloads is by scanning its name for "fairing" or "cargo bay" (info taken from FAR thread, first post).

If this is addressed/resolved, a HX4-UH part with removable supports will be the ultimate in payload hauling. Stack two of these and you've got yourself a mountain mover. :)

PS: I would try to use some MM patching, but MM uses part name for pretty much everything, changing it on-the-fly like other parameters would undermine the whole patching logic, so the name change must be manually done at the part cfg itself. There is no other way (unless ferram4 in his FAR/NEAR implements a different way of identifying payload carrier parts). And i would like bac9 to officially update it in this pack.

You can identify the part to FAR by going in the FAR debug menu at the KSC and adding the title of the part to the section for cargobays

- - - Updated - - -

For some Reason, my crafts are "falling apart" on launch - fuel bay lols out like a separate part, while still being a "part" of the craft. Any fixes to that?

Fix

10 char

Why is the 6m S2 crew tank three times longer, three times heavier, but holds only twice more kerbals?

It has an optional fuel tank. Also IVAs with more than 12 kerbals don't work very well.

Hello guys

Your mod and some others include firespitter mod which has not been updated since last september. it's updated for 0.24.2.

Do we just need the Firespitter plugin ? I don't think it has been updated too.

Hello guys

Your mod and some others include firespitter mod which has not been updated since last september. it's updated for 0.24.2.

Do we just need the Firespitter plugin ? I don't think it has been updated too.

The Firespitter plugin has in fact been updated. The updated version is included in the B9 5.2.8 download.

My HX heavy duty engines seem to not have any flames. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: turns out I need smokescreen installed.

Edited by japa

I know this will sound weird but is there any chance of seeing stock-alike textures instead of/in addition to B9 textures ?

The B9 style is great but now that many new mods are out and stock improved, I find myself mix-and-matching B9 and stock-alike parts far more often and let's say the result is not always that aesthetically pleasing.

From that perspective I think the B9 style no longer makes sense except for the HX, S2 and S2 Wide parts as they have the least probability of being mixed with stock-alike parts.

Of course you could view that from the reverse position and think that all things should be B9-ified and it would suit me fine too, however I think the easiest path would be transitionning B9 to a stock-alike aesthetic.

Am I the only one out there thinking so ?

texturing is a long and hard process repainting all the b9 parts to look "stock" is no small task.

Depending on your mod load (which can't be that much considering ram limitations unless you run linux) It might be much faster to replace all the stock-a-like parts you need with new parts that share textures with existing B9 parts. Though to be fair the fastest option is still just to mix and match like a kid who dumped wild west, aquanauts, and lego batman all in the same bucket :D

Any help you guys could give would be fantastic,

BTW how can I upload the output log so you guys can diagnose?

The thing with B9, for me, on OSX Yosemite here too, and i have 20 gb of ram (still KSP have his own limit, around 2.8) was always this memory limitation.

And i always could manage to work, lowering some atributes on KSP config, like texture sizes, and so on, and using the active texture manager to lower the b9 amount of memory for textures need.

So, i don't think the problem is in mono, but when it get there, got stock in this limit, just because the order of load.

Try that and let me know!

Hey guys, I really love KSP and have been playing it on and off last year and now i seem to have a problem with the HX1-A-375 Reinforced Docking Port (3x). No matter what I try I can't dock using these docking ports.

http://imgur.com/PYdPJJC

I'm using the newest KSP version via steam and did a clean install with B9 aerospace (via Curse). Still no succes.

Any idea what this causes and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Barranda

I have a problem... Every time i make something with HX parts that have more than one attatchment node, as soon as i launch it all falls apart, as in the parts just glitch through each other. I have tried deactivating the nodes that arent being used nd it still falls apart. Is there a way to fix this, am I doing some thing wrong or is it just a bug? Please help!

I have a problem... Every time i make something with HX parts that have more than one attatchment node, as soon as i launch it all falls apart, as in the parts just glitch through each other. I have tried deactivating the nodes that arent being used nd it still falls apart. Is there a way to fix this, am I doing some thing wrong or is it just a bug? Please help!

Click this, download it and find and replace the one in your GameData folder. Search for the file name if you don't know where it is.

Is there an adapter from the B9 Mk2 to the stock Mk2 form factor? They're slightly different sizes. I usually delete parts that are near-duplicates of stock parts for memory and organization reasons- but because the B9 Mk2 is slightly taller than the stock Mk2, I can't use the B9 cockpits that I really like without it looking kinda crappy.

Possibly it is not the best place for it, but I would require some help, if anyone could spare the time.

I've been trying to use R1A RCS thrusters (the one using compressed air) to propel an airship. Works fine, however I am required to continue pushing a button in order for it to work.

I wish to be able to leave it.

I've been trying to modify its .cfg, (using the stock "O-10 MonoPropellant Engine" as an example) but without actually knowing what I do I had no luck, thus my question/request;

Could anyone tell me what to change in order for it to work like regular LF/LFO engines, responding to Shift/Ctrl throttle controls?

Thank you!

Edited by Cyst
justforfun