[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Okay, I'm having trouble driving some cargo out of my cargo plane. I took some S2 modules, and stuck some rover wheels on them. They drive around fine on the ground by themselves. However, when I attach them to my plane (with docking clamps - annoying way to do it), then decouple, I can't drive them out. They don't move. The wheels will turn left or right, so I am controlling them as a separate craft, but applying any forward or backward motion doesn't cause them to come out the ramp at the rear, which is what I want. I don't know if they're getting stuck on something (the fuel tanks and wings from the plane intrude slightly in the cargo bay area) or if they're not making contact with, or not realizing that the floor of the cargo bay is a surface they can travel on.

See the next two screenshots.

3d7YqWY.jpg

HhmgXpa.jpg

How can I best get these poor little guys out?

Cheers,

-BS

Okay, I'm having trouble driving some cargo out of my cargo plane. I took some S2 modules, and stuck some rover wheels on them. They drive around fine on the ground by themselves. However, when I attach them to my plane (with docking clamps - annoying way to do it), then decouple, I can't drive them out. They don't move. The wheels will turn left or right, so I am controlling them as a separate craft, but applying any forward or backward motion doesn't cause them to come out the ramp at the rear, which is what I want. I don't know if they're getting stuck on something (the fuel tanks and wings from the plane intrude slightly in the cargo bay area) or if they're not making contact with, or not realizing that the floor of the cargo bay is a surface they can travel on.

See the next two screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/3d7YqWY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HhmgXpa.jpg

How can I best get these poor little guys out?

Cheers,

-BS

Does undocking work properly on other craft?

Cheers,

-BS

I found out recently that Rover wheels still can't tolerate part clipping. I found out when the suspension on my rover, which I clipped into it's body, caused it to force the I-beam it's attached to, away from the craft. Maybe try that? If not, see if you can get other types of cargo to undock and move out, maybe build something small.

Does undocking work properly on other craft?

Undocking seems to work fine, they operate as independent craft once undocked.

- - - Updated - - -

I found out recently that Rover wheels still can't tolerate part clipping. I found out when the suspension on my rover, which I clipped into it's body, caused it to force the I-beam it's attached to, away from the craft. Maybe try that? If not, see if you can get other types of cargo to undock and move out, maybe build something small.

Interesting. The larger cargo seems to move by itself just fine when not in the cargo plane. But I did rearrange the plane (much for the better) so as to have fewer intrusions into the cargo area. I also took your suggestion to put something small in there, but the effect is the same. It just sits in the plane, the wheels will turn, but it won't move back or forth. Shouldn't be any clipping problems on this small rover. It's undocked in the below image, as you can see the wheels turn left to right, but no forward or backwards motion.

7HJqdIl.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, make sure the wheels are the correct orientation - they need to be rotated before attachment.

Should be the correct orientation, I do rotate them before attachment. Again, they work when the rover/cargo is on the ground by itself.

Cheers,

-BS

Wanna hear how dumb barfing_skull is?

Remember that scene in Star Trek where Sulu tries to engage warp, then Capt. Pike has to remind him to take the parking brake off or something?

Duh. When I set the plane to brake mode, so were the 'rovers'. Took off the brakes and they shot right out.

Now I want to see if I can re-dock the rovers.

Durrrrrr....

-BS

Someones gotta ask though.

this mod usually takes a day or 2 to update. unless they have been actively working on it with an early test 1.0 client like some of the other mods. =)

this mod usually takes a day or 2 to update. unless they have been actively working on it with an early test 1.0 client like some of the other mods. =)

unless you count the .2x all the way to .90 timeframe when keeping it up to date was a community project...

but yeah, there may be mods that were ready for 1.0 and updated already, but cant expect it of all of them. all good things in time.

A mod like b9 has to do some rebalancing too. The new jets are much more realistic and less one-dimensional. Especially using the turboramjet can actually get somewhat tricky. So there is lots of potential for b9 engines, but also probably a lot of work to be done. Maybe we also get DDS support, since it's one of the most texture heavy mods there is for ksp. Then there is the dependency on a notable number of sub mods, which need to be updated.

So it may take some time. Reaaaaaaaaaly looking forward to trying b9 stuff in the new aero. KSP kinda lacks a 'normal' mach 2/3 capable engine right now.

Edited by Temeter

A mod like b9 has to do some rebalancing too. The new jets are much more realistic and less one-dimensional. Especially using the turboramjet can actually get somewhat tricky. So there is lots of potential for b9 engines, but also probably a lot of work to be done. Maybe we also get DDS support, since it's one of the most texture heavy mods there is for ksp. Then there is the dependency on a notable number of sub mods, which need to be updated.

So it may take some time. Reaaaaaaaaaly looking forward to trying b9 stuff in the new aero. KSP kinda lacks a 'normal' mach 2/3 capable engine right now.

I kinda wish there could be like a "parts only" version of the mod. I know that some of the dependencies that need updating are for effects, like how firespitter allows for some of the wheel effects and RasterPropManager is for IVAs, but if I don't care about that and I just want a bunch of extra spaceplane parts I wish I could have just that. Especially since ResGen and KineTechAnimation haven't been updated since 0.25 and Firespitter often takes a long time to get patched up. I'd even be fine without CrossFeedEnabler and just using fuel lines.

Out of curiosity, is it likely this could be done just by deleting all the packaged dependencies, or would that break everything?

Afair there are at least some things that definitly need plug ins. The midrange vectored jetengine (afair F119?) and shock cone intakes needs plugins to work, the part switcher too. The airthrust RCS for vtols needs a ressource-system, although stock might have systems now. Not sure if the sabres still need plugins, they tended to break in earlier updates. Cockpit screens also locked glitchy without RPM.

And man, those engine effects look fantastic, couldn't have them without hotrockets.

Some of the b9 stuff usually works over multiple versions. Not sure if that's the case with 1.0, especially since the engines work differently now and heating systems afaik need new configs.

Afair there are at least some things that definitly need plug ins. The midrange vectored jetengine (afair F119?) and shock cone intakes needs plugins to work, the part switcher too. The airthrust RCS for vtols needs a ressource-system, although stock might have systems now. Not sure if the sabres still need plugins, they tended to break in earlier updates. Cockpit screens also locked glitchy without RPM.

And man, those engine effects look fantastic, couldn't have them without hotrockets.

Some of the b9 stuff usually works over multiple versions. Not sure if that's the case with 1.0, especially since the engines work differently now and heating systems afaik need new configs.

Yea the effects certainly make it much better, but I really feel like the stock wings are kind of lacking for large planes. The "huge" airplane wing looks hilariously small on a mk3 fuselage. So while we wait for everything necessary to get the full effect, we could get the wings and fuselage parts to expand the spaceplanes we can build.

Again, not sure this is even possible.

I know that this mod doesn't support the latest update (yet) so just going to throw a bug report out here, assuming it is in fact a bug.

The "HX1" parts seem to just fall off of whatever they are attached to from the launch pad and right through the ground and they just keep going

I know that this mod doesn't support the latest update (yet) so just going to throw a bug report out here, assuming it is in fact a bug.

The "HX1" parts seem to just fall off of whatever they are attached to from the launch pad and right through the ground and they just keep going

I think that happened also with older version when they were outdated. Just wait for an update.

I think that happened also with older version when they were outdated. Just wait for an update.

It will probably take a while to update considering how much the aero changed and how many parts are here. Just hope its still being maintained and we get an update "eventually", i consider this a mandatory mod for KSP, i have a very hard time enjoying the game without it. =(

Multiple orange fuel tank lifting SSTO space jumbo jets FTW =).

This is due to updates in the connection nodes. Since those are defined in configs, it's possible a patch could be written to adjust these.

Fellow kerbonauts, keep calm. If Bac9 has to read and answer around the forum then he has no time to work on the most awesome mod ever made. Keep in mind that this is a game and real life has its priorities. It will be done when it is done. Until then play with stock.

Given that B9 has is optimised to work only with FAR, I don't expect to see anything at least until there is a new FAR. I don't see them stepping back that commitment to begin working with stock when we all know the next FAR is in the works.

Sad... but there it is.