[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

This is due to updates in the connection nodes. Since those are defined in configs, it's possible a patch could be written to adjust these.

It's actually a separate issue with Virgin Kalactic - here's the fix for 0.90, but I don't know if it works in 1.0 and if it does work, I don't know if the nodes are 1.0 approved (the issue you mention).

FAR is working if you get the tip of the VoxelAero branch from GitHub and install it yourself. I'm using it now. I can view my Q in realtime. Still can't figure out how to get the airspeed configuration up so I can see IAS/EAS instead of surface m/s though.

Some parts in the B9 set are for spacecraft, look good, and are useful. They're not really anything where aerodynamics is an issue. But they may need changes.

The v1.0 aerodynamics and reentry are huge changes. I never got into Space Planes with the older systems. Maybe a partial answer would be a split between B9_Space and B9_Aero. There's some overlap, common parts, and there may be a reason there for a third GameData sub-folder.

In the end, it doesn't change anything, but knowing I could have deleted B9_Aero would have been a temptation. I used the Cockpit_M27 a lot for orbital workcraft and there's a small set of other bits. I'm tempted to have a go at modding the config details for those models.

No need to rush. I'm still in the early stages of Science.

Given that B9 has is optimised to work only with FAR, I don't expect to see anything at least until there is a new FAR. I don't see them stepping back that commitment to begin working with stock when we all know the next FAR is in the works.

Sad... but there it is.

The dev version is already out so... yeh no B9 doesn't have to wait for FAR final version because how things are going to work are already finlized its just the incompatibility with Deadly Reentry that need work.

But really B9 shouldn't have to do anything special now which is what is so special with nuFAR it works out drag lift etc from the shape of the craft rather than arbitrary values so all bac9 needs to do is make a model there shouldn't be much special tweeking apart from maybe longer nose cones for hypersonic craft and wings with a lower gradient from end to end for hypersonic craft, and thats it which given what already exists in B9 its nothing special.

Tbh considering Ferram4 and Starwaster have improved there mods so significantly I would expect something like the 0.25 update for B9 as well which means new parts etc but that does mean we are going to have to wait at least 2 - 3 months for a B9 update.

B9 also needs to change the air breathing engines to be more in-line with the new stock engines, which are kinda meeting him half way anyway considering they basically stop working at 1.3k m/s like B9's engines.

Edited by etheoma

Fellow kerbonauts, keep calm. If Bac9 has to read and answer around the forum then he has no time to work on the most awesome mod ever made. Keep in mind that this is a game and real life has its priorities. It will be done when it is done. Until then play with stock.

I hate so sound like im complaining.

But is would be nice to be told if mods are being updated. all people ever say. is give the mod maker some time. and that's fine. im happy to wait for something. its just frustrating having absolutely zero idea if its actually happening.

im not having ago at the mod developers but ive found nothing on any update or dev version. just a simple "im working on it" would stop all the question's about if its being updated.

and people only ask because they (like myself) love the mod, other wise they wouldn't be here to complain/care.

also? sombody said dev version?

anybody got a link?

Given that B9 has is optimised to work only with FAR, I don't expect to see anything at least until there is a new FAR. I don't see them stepping back that commitment to begin working with stock when we all know the next FAR is in the works.

Sad... but there it is.

not true, the aerodynamics IMHO are more realistic than in NEAR, wich is compatible with B9, so i guess b9 is compatible.

not true, the aerodynamics IMHO are more realistic than in NEAR, wich is compatible with B9, so i guess b9 is compatible.

Exactly how is that even remotely relevant to how compatible a mod is with an aero system? they're as alike as english and japanese - both are systems of encoding concepts, but not remotely interchangeable.

NEAR *is* FAR - albeit an old version and minus some useful parts, but generally the same thing.

Anyone knows what are the "true" addon dependencies for 5.2.8?

By true dependencies, I'm looking for the addons that come in the pack that, without them, 5.2.8 could not work.

Thanks in advance.

ModuleManager

RasterPropMonitor (IVA props)

KineTechAnimation* (animating air inlets)

Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal (all engine gimbals)

SmokeScreen (engine effects)

VirginKalactic* (node toggling on the HX parts)

*hasn't been updated in a while, may be broken

Sad... but there it is.

That's not really true. B9 5.x worked just fine with pre-1.0 placeholder aero. NEAR and FAR were only requirements if you wanted support from the authors. They tuned the behaviour of the parts against FAR, but that did not stop them working just fine in stock aero. Since their gripe was apparently about the stock aero being completely unrealistic, the reason for not supporting it has gone as of 1.0. Frankly, I think it would be quite silly for them to take such a strong position against the new stock aero.

Hey guys, not sure why I can't get this to work.

I am trying to update to .90 (from .25), as I refuse to go to 1.0 until at a minimum KW and B9 are usable.

That being said, whether I use ATM or not, B9 WILL NOT load. It ALWAYS stops the boot on HL_Aero_Cockpit.

It stops (does not crash, it just simply stops) no matter what I do or what is loaded. For example, I can use ATM or not, I can load other mods, or ONLY B9, and nothing changes.

Please someone help!

Hey guys, not sure why I can't get this to work.

I am trying to update to .90 (from .25), as I refuse to go to 1.0 until at a minimum KW and B9 are usable.

That being said, whether I use ATM or not, B9 WILL NOT load. It ALWAYS stops the boot on HL_Aero_Cockpit.

It stops (does not crash, it just simply stops) no matter what I do or what is loaded. For example, I can use ATM or not, I can load other mods, or ONLY B9, and nothing changes.

Please someone help!

You need to provide output_log.txt, otherwise no one will have any clue how to help you.

No output log needed - it's hanging on loading because it's trying to load an engine (the HL cockpit RCS) that uses a resource (monopropellant) that doesn't exist. Chances are your Squad folder's corrupt - re-download it or delete it and verify game cache.

Can anyone fill me in on how to find an output log for future reference?

It's a txt file in KSP_Data folder (assuming Windows). Upload it to mediafire, dropbox, google drive, pastebin, whatever. If something other than Windows:

Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

ModuleManager

RasterPropMonitor (IVA props)

KineTechAnimation* (animating air inlets)

Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal (all engine gimbals)

SmokeScreen (engine effects)

VirginKalactic* (node toggling on the HX parts)

*hasn't been updated in a while, may be broken

Anyone know if I could install B9 and just leave out some of the non-working prereqs? i.e. I dont need RPM or Virgin Kalactic because I never user IVAs or HX parts. KM_Gimbal has been reported to still work, MM, Smoke Screen, and Firespitter have been updated, and Kine Tech hasn't been updated in forever but still seemed fine as of .90. Is there a chance that B9 could actually work just fine?

Anyone know if I could install B9 and just leave out some of the non-working prereqs? i.e. I dont need RPM or Virgin Kalactic because I never user IVAs or HX parts. KM_Gimbal has been reported to still work, MM, Smoke Screen, and Firespitter have been updated, and Kine Tech hasn't been updated in forever but still seemed fine as of .90. Is there a chance that B9 could actually work just fine?

There are two major issues you'd run into: (1) Nothing has been adjusted for the new heating system, so things may inexplicably overheat when they shouldn't (2) Jet engines are not balanced for the new aero.

And re: Kinetech, I took a look at it about a week ago and IIRC there were a couple of changes that had to be made for 1.0 compatibility.

There are two major issues you'd run into: (1) Nothing has been adjusted for the new heating system, so things may inexplicably overheat when they shouldn't (2) Jet engines are not balanced for the new aero.

And re: Kinetech, I took a look at it about a week ago and IIRC there were a couple of changes that had to be made for 1.0 compatibility.

Truth is they were never really balanced for stock aero anyway. They were designed for use in FAR. And seeing that has even changed, a lot, they may not work at all now.

I will miss the massive SABRE-M engine though.

Edited by Hodo

I'm still curious as to what's up with B9's development status.

Even a small "we're working on it" would be really comforting to me, because it's been weeks since there's been any news from any of the mod developers. I've quite literally have not touched 1.0.2 because B9 is one of the last few mods I'm waiting on to update.

I still have faith that this mod isn't dead, but the silence is scary.

I'm still curious as to what's up with B9's development status.

Even a small "we're working on it" would be really comforting to me, because it's been weeks since there's been any news from any of the mod developers. I've quite literally have not touched 1.0.2 because B9 is one of the last few mods I'm waiting on to update.

I still have faith that this mod isn't dead, but the silence is scary.

i doubt its dead. But i do agree that its a bit concerning that no one has popped in and said anything about working on it or not.

But that makes no sense. one does not create something this awesome and just walk away without saying a word. so have faith, and keep waiting patiently. I'm personally waiting more on KAS than B9, i can live without planes, but not without pipes =).