[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

i can live without planes, but not without pipes =).

No Plane, No Pipe, No Life!

But just btw guys if you replace the firespitter.dill and in the cheat's menu you get up by pressing Alt+F12 if you turn on Non-Strict part orientation check. B9 will work for the most part, although cargo bays are probably out unless you use FAR which should render the interior of the cargo bay without special instructions due to how NuFAR works.

Also I would assume all the air breathing engines will be broken but its not that bigger of a deal.

Edited by etheoma

I'm still curious as to what's up with B9's development status.

Even a small "we're working on it" would be really comforting to me, because it's been weeks since there's been any news from any of the mod developers. I've quite literally have not touched 1.0.2 because B9 is one of the last few mods I'm waiting on to update.

I still have faith that this mod isn't dead, but the silence is scary.

A whole 10 seconds on his profile and I found this:

Hey, thanks for looking into it! I'm swamped with two jobs and thesis work so I did not have any time to update this lately.

I suggest everyone stop worrying about B9 Aerospace. Put down your Kerbals and go outside and play. The weather is nice.

... The weather is nice.

radar0.web.jpg?rnd=2-050920152025&rnd2=1431201064536

Yea... About that nice weather.... Anyway, from what I heard and the little that I understand, the 1.0 update to KSP changed basically everything. For a mod as big as B9, I am not surprised by how long it will take to update.

A whole 10 seconds on his profile and I found this:

Whoa, didn't remember seeing that before. Thanks!

I guess I'm going to have to lay off KSP for now until I get my high quality airplane/space parts back.

i doubt its dead. But i do agree that its a bit concerning that no one has popped in and said anything about working on it or not.

But that makes no sense. one does not create something this awesome and just walk away without saying a word. so have faith, and keep waiting patiently. I'm personally waiting more on KAS than B9, i can live without planes, but not without pipes =).

KAS generally seems to work for me under 1.0. I read there was something with the placement of parts, but it might be worth a try.

Cheers,

-BS

I heard KAS has been replaced with KIS, and KAS isn't being continued for 1.x. KIS seems to be a direct replacement for it anyway, and it is 1.0.2-ready.

- - - Updated - - -

http://radarimg.weatherbug.com/images/AWSRadars2/bugradar_metro/6/radar0.web.jpg?rnd=2-050920152025&rnd2=1431201064536

Yea... About that nice weather.... Anyway, from what I heard and the little that I understand, the 1.0 update to KSP changed basically everything. For a mod as big as B9, I am not surprised by how long it will take to update.

If the storm's THAT bad, your power will be out anyway, so KSP is out in that case also :)

I heard KAS has been replaced with KIS, and KAS isn't being continued for 1.x. KIS seems to be a direct replacement for it anyway, and it is 1.0.2-ready.
KAS isn't being discontinued; the storage and placement is getting moved to KIS, and KAS will just be the winches and pipes (and harpoons ;) )

Truth is they were never really balanced for stock aero anyway. They were designed for use in FAR. And seeing that has even changed, a lot, they may not work at all now.

I will miss the massive SABRE-M engine though.

What they are getting rid of the sabre-m engine??? Noooo!! :(

Well... it appears that the B9 stack nodes are a bit messed up at the moment (some have switched "joint direction", so there is -1 where 1 should be and vice versa...)... but the fix is easy-ish, sort of... I might try :)

Ballancing the heating would be far harder...

Edited by ZewelVonLelek

When will this be updated???? Please update it soon...

B9 is huge. And the changes to KSP is equally large. Alot have changed from 0.90 to 1.0.

It's going to take awhile before you're able to use it again I'm afraid.

Meanwhile, I've moved a few parts over that I use frequently, like lights. Works fine for me. :)

People often forget that modern are real people too asking for them to update is kind of like asking for the government to do their job better.

Just because they hear you doesn't mean they have any reason to listen

This was my attempt at using B9 (5.2.8) with nuFAR. The plane is stable up until a point but my guess is that B9 is mostly buggy with standard KSP. A lot of components are broken now. B9 is probably my 3rd or 4th favourite mod.

My craft in design stage:

452026058A75692A2BFF7FCE8439CDA40753FC54

And not long after take off:

B6B9BC7A7958730658284CAFD6DAFC2496242AA1

Edited by B15HOP_xmen

People often forget that modern are real people too asking for them to update is kind of like asking for the government to do their job better.

Hey! I resemble that remark. Oh, wait, I should be working instead of texting to this forum.

This mod rocks. I am a "Steam" user. "They" auto updated my game and now this mod is outdated. I don't like to grovel. But, PPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!! get this up to speed. Thank You!:)

[MOD - Removed overly long quote - sumghai]

Edited by sumghai

Did you really just quote the entire first post? Try going to the last post of a forum thread and reading up a few pages before cluttering stuff up. Bac9 is busy with RL stuff, and modding is a hobby. We all want B9 aerospace updated, but we have to be patient and realize that this mod was created by someone for fun, not profit. and chill the hell out.

This mod rocks. I am a "Steam" user. "They" auto updated my game and now this mod is outdated. I don't like to grovel. But, PPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!! get this up to speed. Thank You!:)

Was it necessary to quote the entire post? Jesus.

If you work as a programmer for any length of time you get used to the fact that a good chunk of the users on the internet are just demanding assholes. A stiff set of earplugs is just about mandatory.

If you work as a programmer for any length of time you get used to the fact that a good chunk of the users on the internet are just demanding assholes. A stiff set of earplugs is just about mandatory.

100% truth. People have an irrational sense of entitlement to free stuff even more than paid stuff for some reason. Try posting a webgame to a site like kongregate, and see what i mean. LOL "hey guys, check out this free thing i made for you." "what the hell is wrong with the characters face?" "this doesn't work on my 15 year old potato computer with onboard video card and 512 mb of ram! FIX IT NOW OR I'LL SPREAD BAD THINGS ABOUT YOU ALL OVER THE INTERNET!" "the color of the button on the quit game menu is a single RGB value off, this triggers my OCD, pls fix!" etc etc. list goes on. After a while you just tune it out and completely ignore the idiots and focus on the meaningful comments/suggestions/bug reports. becomes funny after a while.