[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Hey B9

(Just made a account)

Ive Tested your mk2 parts.

ive found only 1 issue

(there seems to be texture glitches with mk1 and mk2 cargo holds)

ive also tested aerodynamics with the cockpit and 2 fuel tanks with a plane,they seem to work fine!

im loving the mod so much!

Thanks!

~Wolfie

I have a question regarding the computer systems that make flying Iva more enjoyable.

1. Is the file compatible with the current version?

2. Are you going to enhance or change the Iva computers?

i love this mod. It was the first one I downloaded

run1235, if you're using a DX-11 capable graphics card in Windows, the single most helpful adjustment I've seen (or used) was to force Direct X 11, in the launcher shortcut. Right-click your shortcut and click "Properties" down below, and add this line to the end of the target field:

-force-d3d11

This literally cut my RAM usage in half. From 3.6GB on launch (unplayable, crashed at ~3.7GB) to 1.8GB. This way, you can add even more mods as you desire. I'm at roughly 75, with B9 installed in KSP 1.02. Here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/NEuEnFr.jpg

omg I love u man!this is better than opengl cause reflections are actually working with this!!! rep rep rep!!!

run1235, if you're using a DX-11 capable graphics card in Windows, the single most helpful adjustment I've seen (or used) was to force Direct X 11, in the launcher shortcut. Right-click your shortcut and click "Properties" down below, and add this line to the end of the target field:

-force-d3d11

This literally cut my RAM usage in half. From 3.6GB on launch (unplayable, crashed at ~3.7GB) to 1.8GB. This way, you can add even more mods as you desire. I'm at roughly 75, with B9 installed in KSP 1.02. Here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/NEuEnFr.jpg

Can confirm this works, my ram usage would start at the space center at about 3GB now it starts under 2GB.

I have a question regarding the computer systems that make flying Iva more enjoyable.

1. Is the file compatible with the current version?

2. Are you going to enhance or change the Iva computers?

i love this mod. It was the first one I downloaded

the iva computers are using a different mod called Raster Prop Monitor, and yes the dev version currently works for 1.0.2, check some of the signatures in here, you'll see a link to it if you want to download it.

alrighty, and 89 mods is prrobably a bit much to have right now anyways, i'll probably "try" to condense it down tomorrow but i'll probably just end up adding more mods. >.<

and iw as installing everything with ckan so it should all be updated properly anyways. :P

Hee hee. 98 mods on Windows and Linux, not so many on OS X

LGG

Can confirm this works, my ram usage would start at the space center at about 3GB now it starts under 2GB.

You can also try to use:

-force-opengl

This one works better for me. d3d11 decreases my ram usage with about 500-700mb, but opengl reduces it with 1gb-1,5gb in my setup.

Unfortunately, open gl didn't worked well on my machine. Haven't realized that is possible to force dx11 too.

It pretty much depens on hardware, driver and OS that someone use. Someone will have good results with DX11 someone with openGL.

Anyway, thanks again to point that out, dx11 works just fine on my PC.

You can also try to use:

-force-opengl

This one works better for me. d3d11 decreases my ram usage with about 500-700mb, but opengl reduces it with 1gb-1,5gb in my setup.

I have used opengl, however dx11 works way better for me. Might be because I have a dx11 capable graphics card.

-force-d3d11

This literally cut my RAM usage in half. From 3.6GB on launch (unplayable, crashed at ~3.7GB) to 1.8GB. This way, you can add even more mods as you desire. I'm at roughly 75, with B9 installed in KSP 1.02.

If i run KSP through steam, how would i go about implementing this?

If i run KSP through steam, how would i go about implementing this?

Go to your steam library, right click on KSP -> Properties and there should be a button "Set launch options...", click on that and it'll bring up a window with a text field, simply type that line into it and click OK.

-force-d3d11

This literally cut my RAM usage in half. From 3.6GB on launch (unplayable, crashed at ~3.7GB) to 1.8GB. This way, you can add even more mods as you desire. I'm at roughly 75, with B9 installed in KSP 1.02.

I tried forcing directx 11, and I was pleased with the results, though my big issue with forcing dx11 is it introduces strange, wavy font, borders in the context menus, and ugly black lines in the orbit path lines. If I could find a way to solve these glitches, dx11 would be my preferred rendering solution.

If I could find a way to solve these glitches, dx11 would be my preferred rendering solution.

Out of curiosity, what graphics card are you using? More than a bit off-topic, but perhaps we should start a thread and analyze and rate solutions if one doesn't already exist. I'm using a GTX-660 with 2GB of VRAM, on a 5GHz Bulldozer setup. I don't experience those artifacts you're finding, but had some problems with Scatterer producing moire patterns on the oceans which made it unacceptable.

I also have had problems with forcing d3d11. Im running a GTX 770m graphics card, so shouldnt be a problem.

What you can try is forcing opengl. use: -force-opengl

Forcing opengl works better for me. No artifacts of any kind and it actually uses less ram than d3d11 in my setup :-)

Just throwing it out there, I got a lot of these problems when I changed over to -force-d3d11 and it turns out that when I was using opengl I'd used nvidia control panel to force a bunch of graphics wizardry (i.e. antialiasing and a whole bunch of stuff) because KSP's opengl doesn't really do those. Turning all of that gubbins off fixed it for me so if you've done that as well then that might help you

There's certainly a big difference between the mobile GPUs and the desktop, full-flavor ones, all across the board. My guess would be that you could probably fix some of these issues in the Nvidia Control Panel, as per-application settings like Nalfz says. The first one to try would be:

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode

This generally helps with rendering, even if you don't have a second monitor at all. This setting alone used to make the difference between being able to use Maya or not on a laptop, back in the day. The second culprit generally would be:

Threaded optimization: On

Hope this helps someone!

The first one to try would be:

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode

The second culprit generally would be:

Threaded optimization: On

I discovered quite a while ago (while trying to make Skyrim run better) that Acceleration works far better if you have it set to Single Display Performance Mode. But your second suggestion I have never tried (I heard that its a finnicky feature that can often make games that don't support actually run worse, such as SpaceEngine). I will have to enable Threaded Optimization for KSP, thank you!

Forcing opengl works better for me. No artifacts of any kind and it actually uses less ram than d3d11 in my setup :-)

I'm not quite sure if its psychological on my part, but I swear that the game, for the most part, looks far more visually appealing than when forcing OpenGL.

I'm not quite sure if its psychological on my part, but I swear that the game, for the most part, looks far more visually appealing than when forcing OpenGL.

If you can avoid using force oengl that's a good thing. It's really only needed when your graphics card is substantially more powerful than the CPU and you need to offset some of the work load to even run the game. But when you have a substantial GPU CPU combo. You are usually better off avoiding it. Also running in 64bit boarder less Windowed mode with a larger page file helps too. I have more on all that in my thread linked bellow I don't want to clutter the B9 thread with video stuff.

If you can avoid using force oengl that's a good thing. It's really only needed when your graphics card is substantially more powerful than the CPU and you need to offset some of the work load to even run the game. But when you have a substantial GPU CPU combo. You are usually better off avoiding it. Also running in 64bit boarder less Windowed mode with a larger page file helps too. I have more on all that in my thread linked bellow I don't want to clutter the B9 thread with video stuff.

Or, use Linux. :cool: