[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

To those who have said that gimbals aren't working in the dev version: can you provide more info? As far as I can tell they're working fine.

Second that. Gimbals seem to be working just fine with the latest Dev Release here, in 1.02.

Please restrict discussion to the topic of the thread. Discussions of graphics settings belong elsewhere.

Maybe it will be good to move this little conversation about graphics settings to new support forum thread ?

It seems quite good tips for many people, to be buried in this thread only. It will be even better to make such thread sticky on top.

With so much hardware and software combination around it is good to have some place where users can post their settings and help each other in that way.

I'm curious about the state of airbrakes in the develpment version, has anybody tried them yet? They are the #1 item from B9 that I'm missing the most in 1.0x and I'd happily extract just that part from dev version if it's confirmed that they're working OK. Silly stock airbrakes not being incrementally deployable...

B9 logic:

- Playing few weeks on current KSP version.

- New version of KSP release.

- Waiting few month for B9 update.

- Play another few weeks.

- Waiting another few month for B9 update.

- ???

PROFIT!!1!

B9 logic:

- Playing few weeks on current KSP version.

- Waiting few month for B9 update.

- Play another few weeks.

- Waiting another few month for B9 update.

- ???

PROFIT!!1!

you can always play the older version :)

I should've never upgraded. This is the 1st mod i put in and K.S.P. (although wonderful) is nothing without the B9 pack... ;.;

When this mod finally gets the 1.02 compatible status i will never update again. I mean it was perfect before the update.

The Dev version is working very well, in 1.02. Give it a spin, and help these guys find any bugs or problems.

There's no reason you can't have multiple installs of different versions of KSP, people. If you prefer .90, play that.

Hey guys, sorry to clutter up the thread some more with my bugs but this is a bad one.

I have the latest version of ksp up to date and the mod and whenever i build a twin engine jet the second engine just wont work (insufficient air) i added lots and lots of air intakes with no result. Please help guys ! :( i literally can't play with b9 and build jets :[

If i delete the mod i can fly but i don't have cool parts :v

Edit1: Engine parts do not attach to fuselage aswell.

Edited by ikarus

Hey guys, sorry to clutter up the thread some more with my bugs but this is a bad one.

I have the latest version of ksp up to date and the mod and whenever i build a twin engine jet the second engine just wont work (insufficient air) i added lots and lots of air intakes with no result. Please help guys ! :( i literally can't play with b9 and build jets :[

Confirmed, appears to have to do with the intake air amount available in the inlets

Edit1: Engine parts do not attach to fuselage aswell.

Could you be more specific about this?

Confirmed, appears to have to do with the intake air amount available in the inlets

-will this be fixed ? when ?

Could you be more specific about this?

- any B9 engine does not connect to the stock twin engine format fuselage.

-will this be fixed ? when ?

[sARCASM]No, it's never going to be fixed[/sARCASM]

- any B9 engine does not connect to the stock twin engine format fuselage.

Again, please be more specific. Which parts are you trying to attach and by what method (stack, surface). Is this different from the way that stock engines attach?

I'm talking about all B9 jet engines such as the F119 vectored nozzel one. It simply does not attach to the bifurcated stock fuselage sockets.

You mean like this. Seems to work fine for me. Are you using the latest dev version?

BTW, the flameout issue mentioned above should be mostly fixed now. Still getting occasional flameouts on the runway but they appear to be harmless and I don't know how to fix them.

----

In other news, I've done a major overhaul of the engines. A full changelog is available on bitbucket, but here are some things to watch for in testing:

Engine and Intake updates

- Engines now use semi-realistic thrust curves. This seems to work fine with FAR, but it may mean that it's impossible to break the sound barrier in stock aero without an insane TWR. Let me know if you use stock aero.

- Engines now use semi-realistic Isp, which is much lower than stock. Again, let me know if it seems too difficult.

- Engines now have thrust fall off linearly with density, which is faster than stock. This may not play well with thermals on spaceplanes since you will now be lower in the atmosphere for the same speed.

- Mach-based overheating is a lot more than stock. It seems to be manageable, but let me know if something is overheating when it shouldn't.

Can confirm the engines are working fine in the Dev build from last week, where you guys fixed that SAS connector. Flies like a dream in stock Aero, actually, but I'll update tonight and test your new flight models, Blowfish.

7M0tXmV.jpg

0xWs4UA.jpg

Quick question, one of the folders in the dev version (which contains a config file) says that it's depreciated. Is it still necessary? or will it break things?

I don't believe I've had problems removing it before, so go ahead, but if things do derp, then you can easily re-add it from your download. :)

You mean like this. Seems to work fine for me. Are you using the latest dev version?

BTW, the flameout issue mentioned above should be mostly fixed now. Still getting occasional flameouts on the runway but they appear to be harmless and I don't know how to fix them.

----

In other news, I've done a major overhaul of the engines. A full changelog is available on bitbucket, but here are some things to watch for in testing:

Engine and Intake updates

- Engines now use semi-realistic thrust curves. This seems to work fine with FAR, but it may mean that it's impossible to break the sound barrier in stock aero without an insane TWR. Let me know if you use stock aero.

- Engines now use semi-realistic Isp, which is much lower than stock. Again, let me know if it seems too difficult.

- Engines now have thrust fall off linearly with density, which is faster than stock. This may not play well with thermals on spaceplanes since you will now be lower in the atmosphere for the same speed.

- Mach-based overheating is a lot more than stock. It seems to be manageable, but let me know if something is overheating when it shouldn't.

It must be interfering with other mods then. I'll check more into it.

I have version R5 2.8.

also Dev build = repository ? Do i need tortoise svn for that ?

I tried installing the dev version, and while some of the parts showed up, it seemed like a large majority were missing. I didn't see any of the huge ship parts, for instance. Are those not included in the current dev version, or did I mess up somewhere along the way? Sorry if there's an obvious answer to this somewhere, but I could find none.