[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

I can't seem to find any info on google about this but does the sabre pre cooler actually work? does it actually decrease engine temperature? Cause my Ramjets explode at just 14 000 m at a speed of 900 and i need to reach 30 000 - 40 000m and over 2000 ms which seems impossible with this overheating :/

I can't seem to find any info on google about this but does the sabre pre cooler actually work? does it actually decrease engine temperature? Cause my Ramjets explode at just 14 000 m at a speed of 900 and i need to reach 30 000 - 40 000m and over 2000 ms which seems impossible with this overheating :/

1) No, they don't do anything.

2) B9 doesn't have any ramjets. What engines are you talking about?

Im talking about the stock whiplash ramjet engine. I just thought I could cool it down with the sabre precooler. guess i could have just tested it myself with the thermometer thanks anyway

Thanks to the developers of B9 Aerospace Maintenance Port, I see days upon days of getting less sleep designing ships using your mod. :) It's *awesome*

kss-havenhold-proj-kephaestus-03.jpg

kss-havenhold-proj-kephaestus-01.jpg

kss-traveller-proj-kephaestus-01.jpg

kss-traveller-proj-kephaestus-02.jpg

Im talking about the stock whiplash ramjet engine. I just thought I could cool it down with the sabre precooler. guess i could have just tested it myself with the thermometer thanks anyway

For what it's worth, the configs do modify the heating values for the stock engines if you have FAR (removed for stock aero a couple days ago). If it's overheating when it shouldn't (i.e. less than about mach 3.5 or so), then it might be worth revisiting those values. But yeah, the precoolers don't do anything.

Are you using Interstellar Extended? Because this mod enables mach dependant heating. If so, then the precoolers(which also have a function in Interstellar Extended) must be directly connected to the intake. But for now it only works with stacknode intakes :S But the intake and precooling combo does not need to be directly connected to the engine.

Thanks to the developers of B9 Aerospace Maintenance Port, I see days upon days of getting less sleep designing ships using your mod. :) It's *awesome*

http://vistkermanfoundation.leviste.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/kss-havenhold-proj-kephaestus-03.jpg

Awesome indeed! :) What are those glassy parts in the front, behind the cockpit? Also, can you share the craft file?

Gents,

Any tricks to get the RPM working? Got the most recent maintenance port, and installed RPM through CKAN. Screens are a bit jittery and the [h=4]PFD: Primary Flight Display (Navball style display) is black and white and hollow. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? I aspire for a IVA only game and I couldnt think of a better cockpit than that S2.[/h]

Gents,

Any tricks to get the RPM working? Got the most recent maintenance port, and installed RPM through CKAN. Screens are a bit jittery and the PFD: Primary Flight Display (Navball style display) is black and white and hollow. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? I aspire for a IVA only game and I couldnt think of a better cockpit than that S2.

RPM was recently updated and I do not believe B9's RPM components have been updated to match. RPM made some breaking changes last update. If you want it working now, just use kerbal stuff to source the last version.

Edited by V8jester

RPM was recently updated and I do not believe B9's RPM components have been updated to match. RPM made some breaking changes last update. If you want it working now, just use kerbal stuff to source the last version.

Thanks for the heads up. I've added it to the to-do list.

Blowfish, I also just now realized The plugin for the KM Gambol is missing. There is a license file there but no plugin. Was this deliberate? If I'm not mistaken this isn't even updated anyway correct?

I'm having no problems with the B9 Mk2 parts, here, that I'm aware of. Even mixing them with the HX parts seems to be working. And I'm still having better luck with HX spaceplanes than any other type! Got one up this morning on Hybrid Plasma, even. :)

Not problems but the fact that I have to use stock mk2 at all because some of the b9 mk2 parts are missing isn't too cool :)

Blowfish, I also just now realized The plugin for the KM Gambol is missing. There is a license file there but no plugin. Was this deliberate? If I'm not mistaken this isn't even updated anyway correct?

I could have sworn I fixed this. It looks like it's there on Bitbucket ... are you sure you have the latest version?

I could have sworn I fixed this. It looks like it's there on Bitbucket ... are you sure you have the latest version?

:confused: Ok I'm a dummy, I just looked and the latest version is only 15 hours old I must have a previous version. Sorry for the false alarm. I'll download the new version and try not to blow myself up. No guaranties for the Kerbals.

I only just realized it was missing on my install last night. As I was working on a shuttle with Sarbian's space shuttle engines, and just then noticed the Tweakable was missing for the gimbal.

Edited by V8jester

Dear blowfish. It's really so hard to release new version of b9? In the end... 3 month since 1.0

Problem with stock aero or what?

Because i will not surprised if new version of KSP is out earlier than b9 and cycle refresh again...

strange overheating issue with z200 battery banks.

was launching a comsat for RemoteTech, noticed that everytime i blew a fairing the satellite just went kerbal and decided to throw it's parts around the vastness off space. took the fairing off and it started blowing up on the launch pad, first a couple of cubic octaconal struts, then the z200. removed cubic octaconal struts (part i assume doesn't follow laws of physics) and it only had the z200 as a failure point. after taking the whole launch rocket out below it, the probe core, antennas and the z200's are now slowly walking of the launch pad.....

stack 4 of them on both sides of octocore+reaction wheels, and magic happens basically... i quess it's the aerodynamic model, but why do the stock parts break not the b9 parts?

strange overheating issue with z200 battery banks.

was launching a comsat for RemoteTech, noticed that everytime i blew a fairing the satellite just went kerbal and decided to throw it's parts around the vastness off space. took the fairing off and it started blowing up on the launch pad, first a couple of cubic octaconal struts, then the z200. removed cubic octaconal struts (part i assume doesn't follow laws of physics) and it only had the z200 as a failure point. after taking the whole launch rocket out below it, the probe core, antennas and the z200's are now slowly walking of the launch pad.....

stack 4 of them on both sides of octocore+reaction wheels, and magic happens basically... i quess it's the aerodynamic model, but why do the stock parts break not the b9 parts?

Overheating issues have nothing to do with B9. It is a stock bug with the new heating system.