[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Ok, so can someone catch me up on what's been happening lately? So does B9 still only work with FAR, or does the maintenance port allow compatibility with the stock aerodynamics?

FAR is not required, but works from what others have been saying (I don't use it myself). And Blowfish's maintenance port from his signature works great. The only issue I am currently aware of is non functional airbrake which he is aware of. The maintenance port is definitely in a playable state and usable. but the Link from the first page is not going to work in 1.0.x

I've been playing around with the parts from the dev port, and something occured to me: it would be much appreciated (by me at least) if this had HX-sized KIS containers, and other such capabilities (HX Life Support modules, etc.)

Also, i'd like some advice on how to assemble the megastructures in orbit. :)

EDIT: Last thing: consider making some alternate IVAs with the ASET props pack? It has soooo many helpful little buttons and switches, even some for MechJeb (4th & 5th gallery images) and other mods!

Edited by Alex33212

any chance you could walk me through this? i srsly need B9 to work... i made it this far and now my HX parts have there own agenda. i just have no clue on what it is you posted or how to go about fixing it. my code knowledge is next to none so i could use all the help i can get.

Iv been trying to get B9 to work for a hot minute now. first i couldnt find any of the parts loading, then some would only load. just the other day i finally got all the parts loaded and was so stoked i started building. only to hit the launch button and now none of my parts will stick together... ...?!?! anyways i already read a post earlier last year about somebody having the same problem and he fixed it by reordering some dll file that dealt with nodetoggle... idk. But if anywone can explain this to me in detail thatd be fantastic.

Are you trying to install the outdated official version which isn't compatible with KSP v1.0.4? The only compatible version is the "maintenance port" in Blowfish's signature. It's not balanced or finished but it is mostly working.

Also, i'd like some advice on how to assemble the megastructures in orbit. :)

I've posted quite a few screenshots, some from .90, 1.02, and 1.04, of huge HX-based structures, ships, and stations. To connect HX structures, use the huge HX docking ports. I've had 1,500+ part motherships and such, but of course Unity 4 can't really handle it very well.

Tips:

- You need Action Groups Extended. You needed this anyway, but for big multi-ship structures it's critical to re-work your engine configurations in space.

- If your HX docks seem a bit flimsy, drop down to the command center and then go back to your ship. Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is also helpful here.

- With TweakScale, you can make awesome 5M (smaller than stock) HX ships and create them with much greater ease in the VAB and SPH. There's not really much benefit to using the full-size pieces, but of course they work the same.

Here's the ultimate question, and I will be satisfied with any answer seen fit to give me. What's going to happen with 1.1? Are you being kept aware of anything at all on Squad's end of things so you can begin tweaking now? Or is it safe to assume that everything's going to break again and we'll be back to square one? I'd love to help, honestly I would, but I'm absolute garbage at coding, modding, or really doing anything useful other than pointing to something and saying "That doesn't work". Sorry. >_>

Here's the ultimate question, and I will be satisfied with any answer seen fit to give me. What's going to happen with 1.1? Are you being kept aware of anything at all on Squad's end of things so you can begin tweaking now? Or is it safe to assume that everything's going to break again and we'll be back to square one? I'd love to help, honestly I would, but I'm absolute garbage at coding, modding, or really doing anything useful other than pointing to something and saying "That doesn't work". Sorry. >_>

It's really hard to say exactly what's going to break before it's released. Wheels will break for sure, but the B9 landing gear are getting legacy status, and it's possible the new wheel module will be backward compatible with some config changes. Plugins will need to be recompiled, and might need some changes. Beyond that it's hard to say ... there's a small chance that some parts will need to be re-exported but I highly doubt that.

It's really hard to say exactly what's going to break before it's released. Wheels will break for sure, but the B9 landing gear are getting legacy status, and it's possible the new wheel module will be backward compatible with some config changes. Plugins will need to be recompiled, and might need some changes. Beyond that it's hard to say ... there's a small chance that some parts will need to be re-exported but I highly doubt that.

Wow, a reply from Blowfish! Thanks! *bows* Well, like I said, I can't really help, but I'll send as much well-wishes and karma as I can your way. :)

EDIT: Hey, Hirumaru, if you're still struggling with B9, shoot me a PM/note or something. I'm working off of 1.0.4 (64-bit even o_O) and got blowfish's maintenance port to work just fine so far, so I think I can help you out. Though I haven't tried anything serious with HX parts yet....

EDIT2: Can confirm. HX parts *do* work in 1.0.4.

Edited by KristopherKerblumbus

EDIT2: Can confirm. HX parts *do* work in 1.0.4.

Can re-re-reconfirm. HX parts are working great in 1.04, from the latest dev versions. Tweakscale also works great for the HX parts now, which makes for both easier ship-building and kickass spaceplanes. The best SSTOs I've built are HX. Sometimes I combine them with Impossible Innovations parts to isolate design flaws and in-orbit construction logistics, and also just because they're really fun together.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The only issue with the HX parts right now is that the hangars are very draggy. bac9 has made some very nice disposable shields for them, which I will work on integrating when I get the chance. Unfortunately this will only work in FAR - in stock aero, I think I'll just mark them as cargo bays with solid drag cubes and the shields will be purely aesthetic.

I really think you guys should partner with ksp since this mod is so popular and big. They should keep you updated with the updates before they happen so the release comes out faster and updates are tested a lot smoother. I still think HX should be a separate mod. I would like to see a mod that adds underwater exploration ( I know it's a space game but this can just add more fun to it) OR Other solar systems and galaxies.

Speaking of whom, how is Bac9? He hasn't been squashed by an errant asteroid someone decided to lithobrake, has he? And the new Mk2 parts? I'm still giddy from the first pictures; I hope he shows another teaser soon. :D

Hey, also, speaking of HX parts and Bac9, what is the status of a "space-opera"-style HX-sized bridge(s) or IVA parts? Still planned, aborted, WIP? Thanks again for all the hard work you guys are doing! :)

EDIT: Just thought of a 2nd question, don't want to bump the thread but it's a good question to put here since it's B9-specific. Is there any way to "save" cockpit configs using RPM in the IVAs? It's fun to be a button-presser for about the first--three times, IMO. After that it *does* get kinda tedious.

Edited by KristopherKerblumbus

EDIT: Just thought of a 2nd question, don't want to bump the thread but it's a good question to put here since it's B9-specific. Is there any way to "save" cockpit configs using RPM in the IVAs? It's fun to be a button-presser for about the first--three times, IMO. After that it *does* get kinda tedious.

Better question for the RPM Thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117471

Speaking of whom, how is Bac9? He hasn't been squashed by an errant asteroid someone decided to lithobrake, has he? And the new Mk2 parts? I'm still giddy from the first pictures; I hope he shows another teaser soon. :D

I'm alive, just swamped with work lately with no free time to dedicate to KSP. I have sent some fixes to new MK2 parts over to blowfish some time ago, tho, so hopefully they are still coming in an update.

Hey, also, speaking of HX parts and Bac9, what is the status of a "space-opera"-style HX-sized bridge(s) or IVA parts? Still planned, aborted, WIP? Thanks again for all the hard work you guys are doing! :)

Not planning any HX updates at the moment, tbh I'd completely scrap them and start over with a different approach to modular design if I had an option. Even if I liked the currently existing parts, IVAs are just insanely time consuming to author, so yeah, not gonna happen.

I made a simple new part to make ascents with FAR a little bit more feasible, though - ejectable aerodynamic shield for the hangar pieces. Nothing special, but should help a bit.

Edited by bac9

Hi Bac9 please don't panda to the children that demand an update every time ksp updates, personally their update policy is crazy to say the lease well not as crazy as adobe "adobe might run out of version numbers one day LOL", but anyway i think what you did with your last update with the HX parts and all the modular goodness was the best concept to save ram and keep functionality and flexibility, i really don't think half of the kidz understand how much work went into that, but anyway Don't give up on it and when you get the time to do an update i am sure it will be well worth the wait.

So in short Thanks for the 1400 Hours of fun over the years. "well according to steam" and when you release i am sure i will enjoy that too.

- - - Updated - - -

does this work in 1.0.4? i'm having serious structural issues with large parts... also some other parts do not want to attach to anything (can't put b9 engines on stock fuselage)

What rock you been living under?

No this does not work with 1.0.4.xxx

You can download the dev build as many people have mentioned before if you been following the thread.

https://bitbucket.org/blowfishpro/b9-aerospace

but its a dev/maintenance version so don't expect it to be perfect, but from what most people are saying it mostly works.

Kids....... what the hell do they learn in schools now days.