[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

First, make sure you're using the maintenance version and not the one in the first post. The official version is only compatible with version 0.90.

Second, make sure there aren't any conflicts with other mods happening. Which other mods are you using?

Third, make sure you're not trying to run KSP on a GLADOS powered potato. :P

First, make sure you're using the maintenance version and not the one in the first post. The official version is only compatible with version 0.90.

Second, make sure there aren't any conflicts with other mods happening. Which other mods are you using?

Third, make sure you're not trying to run KSP on a GLADOS powered potato. :P

well its a very long list of mods, so i wont list them all just the big ones, EVE, bd armoury, b9 prosederal wings, distant object, KAS, KAX, kerbanside, mechjeb 2, OPM, OPT, Dmagic, tweakscale, and Intersteller extended. there are about 50 mods in all :P

well its a very long list of mods, so i wont list them all just the big ones, EVE, bd armoury, b9 prosederal wings, distant object, KAS, KAX, kerbanside, mechjeb 2, OPM, OPT, Dmagic, tweakscale, and Intersteller extended. there are about 50 mods in all :P

And with all that, you somehow think your issues are B9's fault?

well it runs well with all 50 mods, but when i install b9, it just turns into a lag fest! is it just all the mods or a bug?

Well, did you try to remove another heavy mod while leaving B9? Maybe your PC just cannot keep up with 51 mods, but 50 are fine. You can never know! But as previously said: all we can do is guess and this is not the place to do that

*Facepalm*

B9 is a HUGE mod. Maybe your game and system can handle 50 little mods, but B9 is the size of 20-30 mods. Here is one heavy moders advice to the rest: install you large mods like B9, KSPRC, TextureReplacer, KW Rocketry and so forth first, then add your smaller mods in groups of 3-5 and then test run it. Remember that mods that add a lot of parts are what really eat up your systems resources. So a system that is already being taxed by a 50 mod build of KSP will start having real issues when you slap a high part list mod like B9. Also, another trick to keep your part loads down is to install your big mods then your smaller ones like i said before until you have all the ones you want or your KSP starts to slow down or crash. Then go into the game files and manually delete all the parts that you know you are not going to use until your KSP levels out. For example I use B9 and KW. But I delete all the fairings and wings because I use procedural wings and fairings that way I can cut down my large part list.

(Just a quick note, sorry if I sound like a child who has to get everything when they want.)

How are you guys doing with the mod? I'm really excited for the next version but do you have any idea on when it could come out? I'm not asking for a release date but do you have any idea of when it could come out, e.g. in a couple months. Good luck with the mod and take as much time as you need :)

(Just a quick note, sorry if I sound like a child who has to get everything when they want.)

How are you guys doing with the mod? I'm really excited for the next version but do you have any idea on when it could come out? I'm not asking for a release date but do you have any idea of when it could come out, e.g. in a couple months. Good luck with the mod and take as much time as you need :)

I'mma hop on this before someone else does because B9 and co. seem to be getting a little testy (not without warrant.) See user "blowfish" up above? In his sig, he's got a link to a B9 Aerospace Maintenance Port which 99% works with 1.0.4 as it stands now. And since the next major update is 1.1, which is going to break EVERYTHING again anyway, I'd say B9 currently works with KSP, though there are some minor bugs. But as a testament to its functionality, I'm currently using over 60 mods and have a 2.5GB GameData folder, running 64-bit on Windows, and I don't get any crashes. In fact, the thing's more stable right now for me than it ever was using force-openGL.

I'mma hop on this before someone else does because B9 and co. seem to be getting a little testy (not without warrant.) See user "blowfish" up above? In his sig, he's got a link to a B9 Aerospace Maintenance Port which 99% works with 1.0.4 as it stands now. And since the next major update is 1.1, which is going to break EVERYTHING again anyway, I'd say B9 currently works with KSP, though there are some minor bugs. But as a testament to its functionality, I'm currently using over 60 mods and have a 2.5GB GameData folder, running 64-bit on Windows, and I don't get any crashes. In fact, the thing's more stable right now for me than it ever was using force-openGL.

Ok, thankyou :)

*Facepalm*

B9 is a HUGE mod. Maybe your game and system can handle 50 little mods, but B9 is the size of 20-30 mods. Here is one heavy moders advice to the rest: install you large mods like B9, KSPRC, TextureReplacer, KW Rocketry and so forth first, then add your smaller mods in groups of 3-5 and then test run it. Remember that mods that add a lot of parts are what really eat up your systems resources. So a system that is already being taxed by a 50 mod build of KSP will start having real issues when you slap a high part list mod like B9. Also, another trick to keep your part loads down is to install your big mods then your smaller ones like i said before until you have all the ones you want or your KSP starts to slow down or crash. Then go into the game files and manually delete all the parts that you know you are not going to use until your KSP levels out. For example I use B9 and KW. But I delete all the fairings and wings because I use procedural wings and fairings that way I can cut down my large part list.

I uninstalled ALL my mods, it still lags like crazy! Btw, my pc specs are 16gb ram, 4.0 8 core processor, nvidia gtx 750TI.

Just a general update on the state of things. In the interest of getting an actual release out, bac9's new Mk1/Mk2 parts will probably wait for the next one, and I'd like to take more time to make sure the part switch plugin is working 100%. Other than that, here are the things that are a must-do before a release:

• Add HX hangar covers and add give HX hangars proper drag cubes. Currently working on this.
  • Update fuselage parts to match stock temperature rules. This is a huge task so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Known issues that I don't know how to address (and thus will not be fixed in the next release unless someone else figures out how to fix them):

• FSairbrake is broken, and airbrakes don't appear to cooperate with the way airbrakes are done in 1.0+.
  • Some have reported that intakes have weird drag behavior. They may require custom drag cubes, but I have no idea what those cubes would be generated from.

Stuff I'd like to do eventually but isn't blocking for the next release:

• Add ModuleAnimateEmissive and update engine configs to give better engine emissives

Just a general update on the state of things. In the interest of getting an actual release out, bac9's new Mk1/Mk2 parts will probably wait for the next one, and I'd like to take more time to make sure the part switch plugin is working 100%. Other than that, here are the things that are a must-do before a release:

• Add HX hangar covers and add give HX hangars proper drag cubes. Currently working on this.
  • Update fuselage parts to match stock temperature rules. This is a huge task so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Known issues that I don't know how to address (and thus will not be fixed in the next release unless someone else figures out how to fix them):

• FSairbrake is broken, and airbrakes don't appear to cooperate with the way airbrakes are done in 1.0+.
  • Some have reported that intakes have weird drag behavior. They may require custom drag cubes, but I have no idea what those cubes would be generated from.

Stuff I'd like to do eventually but isn't blocking for the next release:

• Add ModuleAnimateEmissive and update engine configs to give better engine emissives

Good to know things are happening on the B9 front

Hey blowfish. Like I said above--I know next-to-nothing about how the interior specifics of modding work. BUT, and I'm just brainstorming here--would it be possible to import the 3d models of the intakes into something like Blender, get their volume/3D shape, and generate a drag cube from something like that?

Hey blowfish. Like I said above--I know next-to-nothing about how the interior specifics of modding work. BUT, and I'm just brainstorming here--would it be possible to import the 3d models of the intakes into something like Blender, get their volume/3D shape, and generate a drag cube from something like that?

I have no knowledge of the exact algorithm KSP uses to generate drag cubes (and it's definitely non-trivial). Even if I did, what shape would they be generated from? KSP generates the cubes base don the model as they appear in-game, so what is the "correct" shape to generate the cube from?

And you just went above my paygrade. I had assumed (obviously incorrectly) that there were two drag-cube models for intakes, one for the closed and one for the open position. I simply figured the shapes were gleaned from the 3D models themselves and some game magic (well-written code) took that data and turned into something the aero model could work with. I don't know how drag cubes even work in KSP, so really, I'm just talking out of my hat and could be bringing you back rather than forwards. Sorry.

Well, I have some idea what the "correct" shape is. All the faces except the front are probably fine. The front should probably look like an open tube, whereas now the drag cube rendering will see the back face inside the intake. Still, to make that work I would have to modify the model, re-import it into KSP, then grab the relevant part of the automatically generated drag cube. This is a lot of work though, and I'd rather not do it until I know it's correct.

Yoou guys are amazing, please never stop being so awesome. Bac9, blowfish, people like you are the reason I keep coming back to KSP with over 800hrs already.

Just wanted to (again) let you know that your work astounds me, the more I learn about it the more complex it all seems. I for one do not begrudge you guys the long update time, I just keep playing 0.90 since I don't can't imagine playing KSP without B9 :) It is after all one of the biggest and most complex mods out there.

Love and respect from germany.

B9, Blowfish, would it be ok if I posted my .90 copy of the B9 mod? I've still got a .90 install saved on my PC, with all the relevant attached mods--if I get your blessing I'll do it, but if you put the nix on it I won't. I don't want to step on any toes, legal or otherwise, so just let me know what's allowed and I'll go with that. Thanks :)