[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

In the VAB it's showed correctly, but once in space it seems offset. Notice that this only happened to me with the HL cargo bay (any size).

I have no idea what could be causing this but I'll try to replicate when I get home.

I'm glad you had not this problem, so it's probably a bad interaction with some other mod. The only one I can think is FAR or maybe KSPI-E, but I can't figure out the reasons.

I'll make some more tests and if I find something I'll let you know, maybe someone else has the same issue.

EDIT: I made some more tests. It seems it's not a B9 issue, but a stock one with any payload inside a plane cargo bay. Also if the payload is light, if it's inside a plane cargo bay, it's weight isn't enough to offset the center of mass in the VAB, but it do it terribly in game.

Edited by Nansuchao

So, i was going to use B9 again, but i just want the structural parts, no engines, no wings, (most likely) no fuel tanks, etc. because i wanted to make tanks like

What files should i delete to just get the structural parts?

- - - Updated - - -

I also really wish procedural wings still worked...

^ Just go through the B9_Aerospace/Parts folder and delete what you don't want. It may require actually looking at the .CFG's if you don't recognize what things are just from the folder names.

And, ProcWings ddoes still work. Or at least blowfish's version does. And honestly its better than the basic one anyway:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104966-1-0-2-B9-Aerospace-Procedural-Parts-0-40-Updated-09-06-15

Says 1.02 but I haven't had any issues with them in 1.04. Made my new shuttle possible without looking like garbage and only taking 40 parts for just the Orbiter itself:

uuri0N8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

^ Just go through the B9_Aerospace/Parts folder and delete what you don't want. It may require actually looking at the .CFG's if you don't recognize what things are just from the folder names.

And, ProcWings ddoes still work. Or at least blowfish's version does. And honestly its better than the basic one anyway:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104966-1-0-2-B9-Aerospace-Procedural-Parts-0-40-Updated-09-06-15

Says 1.02 but I haven't had any issues with them in 1.04. Made my new shuttle possible without looking like garbage and only taking 40 parts for just the Orbiter itself:

uuri0N8.jpg

I have nothing to do with B9 procedural wings. Crzyrndm has mostly been maintaining that. The last time I checked Crzyrndm also had a working build of the old procedural wings mod, but maybe it's been broken again.

wait wait wait. so you're telling me this mod that looks awesome is only meant to work with some other mods that I've never even heard of? I just want the cool looking parts...will check out this 'far and near' mod though.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess when this comes out for the latest version of ksp I'll get it and probably be pissed when the pre-made stock planes don't work and jsut have to suck it up and make my own since I'mm fine with the stock aerodynamic model, only having played since 1.0.4.

What new memory leak?

As ive seen and experienced, even with a stock game, the game eventually crashes due to some BS memory leak. The more mods you got, the less time you have to play, and i have zero playtime allowed now.

Either this, or life has truly quit on me and everything i do is abandoning me.

Im gonna try reinstalling the game

Yes, memory leak still exist, mostly when you switch scenes. It is possible to reduce amount of memory usage though.

Use either, forcing open gl or DX11 to reduce memory usage. That way you will get more free RAM for various mods.

Here is example of command line to force DX11:

"C:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe" -force-d3d11

I can also recommand some memory usage monitor mod like graphic memory monitor that will give you idea how much RAM you currently use and give you a clue when game is going to crash.

So, you can save and exit game before CTD. Not much else to try from user side until SQUAD fix thosed leaks in next updates.

Another suggestion that many mod makers are not a fan of is, the 64bit hack using files from unity 4.6.4. There is info on x64 and game setup on my thread linked in my signature if you are interested in more info.

I run KSP in x64 and am well over 50 mods and a memory footprint of 11-13GB.

i find that ksp usually crashes at 5GB for me.. and there is a "part limit"

Yeah I think my max is something like 300 parts. And that will usually crash the game after about 4 VAB-flight cycles. If I stay under 250 that tends to be the most forgiving, and gives me a few more cycles before it crashes.

it has nothing to do with part counts or how much memory is currently allocated, large and small ships crash. i rarely go over 3.5g fwiw.

it is something to do with scene changes, and is likely to happen no matter how many parts or memory is in use at the moment of the change. i will admit though that the more part-lag you are experiencing before the scene change the higher the chance of the error occuring.

I can load 3,334 parts (according to the debug window database) in my "vessel building" configuration that uses the lowest game graphics settings and ATM Aggressive. I doubt there's a part limit. It all comes down to memory. If you want to know when 32-bit KSP will crash, get Process Explorer and monitor the Virtual Size of KSP. Once you near 4GB you're in trouble. Save and restart. This isn't a "best guess" - I've been using Process Explorer for over a year to monitor my KSP memory and crossing 4GB will crash the game at the next scene load, without fail. Crashes are no longer a surprise for me at all.

anyone else getting this issue, where, the internals appeared to be borked? like, they appear at the bottom of the SPH , but only 1 of them. first time it was the HL internal, then, when removing the HL cockpit internal files, it was another B9 internal, and NREs were spammed. any help?

anyone else getting this issue, where, the internals appeared to be borked? like, they appear at the bottom of the SPH , but only 1 of them. first time it was the HL internal, then, when removing the HL cockpit internal files, it was another B9 internal, and NREs were spammed. any help?

You probably have an outdated version of firespitter. For some reason that causes this bug.

You probably have an outdated version of firespitter. For some reason that causes this bug.

ok

will update, see if works. i use a lot of mods, maybe one of them came packaged with a old version of FS.

Hi everybody =)

Was wondering if you've built a base with this awesome mod ="> would it be possible to share a pic of it here? Am currently looking for inspiration for building a mining/refueling base at the moment, but my current designs seem to lack the cool factor =D =">

Regards and thanks in advance.

Just an update regarding my future plans.

I'd like to get a 1.0.5 update for B9 out. There is a fair bit of work to do for it though.

Some of the actively maintained plugins have been updated, others haven't. VirginKalactic and KineTechAnimation hopefully don't require any changes so I can just recompile them.

The jet engines are the area that's going to need the most work. Most importantly, given the presence of the new stock engines, their roles need to be rethought

• Small turbofan: Given that the Juno has the performance characteristics of a small turbojet, a more efficient option for small planes can remain. I don't think a change is needed here.
  • Large turbofan: Currently redundant with the Wheezley. Since it's not stack attachable, it can be scaled though. There's a pretty big gap between the Wheezley and the Goliath, so this might be a good place for it. Real life equivalent would be CFM56 or similar, used on 737/A320 sized planes.
  • F119: Will get an afterburning mode. It will have more thrust than the Panther (while of course being heavier), and better dry thrust in supersonic mode (to facilitate supercruise)
  • B9 Turbojet: For fast planes but not as extreme as the Whiplash. Will probably have both wet and dry modes. Top speed just shy of mach 3

There's a new feature in 1.0.5 which I'm torn on whether to use - varying Isp with mach. The stock jet engines don't do it, but real jets do. I know from experience that it creates an interesting, but also very challenging gameplay element, since you burn a lot more fuel as you go faster and efficiency drops. Thoughts?

Plenty of other stuff to look at as well. The engines need contract constraints. The cargo bays should have adjustable deployment limits. Probably some stuff I've missed in this list.

After that's done, I'll work on integrating bac9's new parts. The plugin is now complete enough and tested enough that I feel comfortable releasing it. Hopefully I can complete this update before 1.1 comes around and breaks everything.