[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Whats the relationship of B9 and Real Plume? I'm not getting any engine effects from B9 engines and I'm thinking RealPlume is the culprit. I tried installing Hotrockets on top of it to see if that helps seeing is how B9 still uses it. No change. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence. If not then I will install B9 to a stock install and start troubleshooting what mod is causing the issue.

Edited by Motokid600

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

You need to install the legacy pack (follow the maintenance port link in my signature and click downloads).  I should really get bac9 to update the OP to say that.

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful response.  I'm now flying the plane that I had been having trouble with via only stock wings.  I have the modular wings now, and I love them, they work great.

53 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Whats the relationship of B9 and Real Plume? I'm not getting any engine effects from B9 engines and I'm thinking RealPlume is the culprit. I tried installing Hotrockets on top of it to see if that helps seeing is how B9 still uses it. No change. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence. If not then I will install B9 to a stock install and start troubleshooting what mod is causing the issue.

I doubt RealPlume is compatible with B9 right now, particularly after the 5.4.0 engine changes.  HotRockets hasn't been updated in even longer, but B9 pulls out the relevant parts of HotRockets anyway.  Might be worth stopping by the RP-Stock thread and seeing if they're willing to make an update.  Otherwise just remove the parts of RP that affect B9.

14 minutes ago, SimGuLiM said:

Hello, just a question about B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts.
I'm using this mod in ksp 1.0.5 also if it's developed for 1.0.4. seems it work properly, someone know if will be an update for the 1.0.5?
cheers

This should go in the B9 Procedural Parts thread.  Crzyrndm has been maintaining a fork which appears to be compatible with 1.0.5

Hello @blowfish , I'm bit condused. CKAN has B9 Aerospace Pack and B9 Aerospace Props with identical size 61170 KB.

Which one is correct one? ..... O'k - figured out.

Looks like B9 Aerospace Pack - it has props as dependancy

Edited by evileye.x

15 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Hello @blowfish , I'm bit condused. CKAN has B9 Aerospace Pack and B9 Aerospace Props with identical size 61170 KB.

Which one is correct one? ..... O'k - figured out.

Looks like B9 Aerospace Pack - it has props as dependancy

CKAN was set up like that so that other mods could use the props - I'm not sure if any still do.  They use the same download, hence the same size (but they install different things).

E: The legacy and HX parts should be arriving on CKAN soon.  All the metadata is set up so it's just a question of when CKAN automatically indexes.

Edited by blowfish

i had seen and wished this mod a lot of times,today i spotted "b9 aerospace for 1.0.5 and sayd YAY,now im downloading and using the mod :D,however,i may be happy,but my computer wont say the same..."out of memory",but,its worth the mod. :) 

2 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

What dependencies does the HX pack have?

Right now it depends on the core pack.  I could disentangle the dependencies without too much trouble but no one had asked for that yet.

Merry Christmas!

Hey just wanted to say the F-119 turbo fan still has no emissive or exhaust. It works just as it should but no flames.

Edit

wow..... Wet / dry mode now I feel like a dummy.

Edited by V8jester

27 minutes ago, blowfish said:

@V8jester "still" hasn't exhaust?  I was unaware that this was ever an issue and it certainly works fine on my end.  Do you have SmokeScreen and B9AnimationModues installed properly?

Sorry I edited my quote, guess you didn't see it. I didn't realize the exhaust is now an after burner toggled with wet / dry modes. My bad I should have looked closer. I knew you couldn't have missed something like that.

How well does this work with Community Tech Tree?  Or is it better to just stick with stock?

I'm looking for a way to do a career mode run with B9, but I'm not sure which is the best way to go about it.    I did a thread search (to the best of my ability, the new forum isn't too clear on how to do that) and there don't seem to be many mentions of career mode that I could find.  So is this mostly meant to be a sand-box mod?

Also, does anyone have a list of other mods that really complement B9?  I know that Ferram aerospace is strongly recommended to fly with the B9 plane parts, but are there any others?

Edited by PTNLemay

Hi I have a question in regards to the pwing textures is there someway to make them resemble the fuselage texture because the best i can get is this dirty grainy looking texture, also has anyone managed to recreate the example aircraft with pwing I tried with the kornbluth but it came out terrible.

9 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Hi I have a question in regards to the pwing textures is there someway to make them resemble the fuselage texture because the best i can get is this dirty grainy looking texture, also has anyone managed to recreate the example aircraft with pwing I tried with the kornbluth but it came out terrible.

Can't answer about texture, but you can find some craft examples created with B9PW in thread linked in my signature.