[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

@blowfish What source files would you need, and what version of B9 would they need to be from?

I have some older versions, which have some source files in them...??? I'm pretty sure these were actual releases, though, and NOT masters, so they may not have the files you would need?

Well, now that it's closer to 1.1, it's looking like the models won't actually need any changes, but I'll definitely keep it in mind that you have those :) Hard to tell for sure until we actually get to that point.

35 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

wait, what do you mean by clean install?

He means delete all your B9 files and start the process again

-------

In other news, I finally upgraded to 1.05, and got the new B9, and it's full of useful improvements and great fixes. Many thanks to Blowfish and everyone else who worked hard to keep this excellent mod up to date and functioning well.

Edited by Oafman

2 hours ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

How do I do that on steam?

I guess it's more difficult with Steam but generally you shouldn't be modding your steam install - best to copy it somewhere else and then mod there.  In your case though, you should probably be ok to just delete everything in GameData EXCEPT the Squad folder (this contains all the stock stuff and should never be deleted).

I'm having a very strange issue with a HX part. The HX1-A-375 Reinforced Docking Port when mounted on the side of a ship (seemed to work fine on the top or bottom but I haven't tested this just yet) will explode off any vessel I launch at exactly 281 m/s. I'm tried varied vessels of different shapes and sizes but the speed seems to be when/what is causing the explosion. The strangest part is, I'm trying to relaunch an updated version of a vessel I got to orbit fine a little bit ago and the docking ports din't explode then. 

27 minutes ago, Azrael the Sorrowful said:

I'm having a very strange issue with a HX part. The HX1-A-375 Reinforced Docking Port when mounted on the side of a ship (seemed to work fine on the top or bottom but I haven't tested this just yet) will explode off any vessel I launch at exactly 281 m/s. I'm tried varied vessels of different shapes and sizes but the speed seems to be when/what is causing the explosion. The strangest part is, I'm trying to relaunch an updated version of a vessel I got to orbit fine a little bit ago and the docking ports din't explode then. 

I'll investigate when I get a chance.  In the mean time, could you make sure you can replicate the problem when building a craft from scratch, and then post the craft file?

24 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I'll investigate when I get a chance.  In the mean time, could you make sure you can replicate the problem when building a craft from scratch, and then post the craft file?

It seems to have to do with thrust. Making a ship with a much lower TWR in order to give you the craft file (I try to keep my ships right around 2.0 TWR, but this one I've just made has about 1.5), it seems to not explode at all. I also think that Throttle Controlled Avionics is a partial culprit cause disabling that is varying my more concrete results from before. In fact, with my large vessel I'm trying to get to orbit, turning off TCA fixed the problem entirely.

2 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

I installed b9 aerospace and b9 aerospace HX, but only b9 aerospace works, as in the b9 aerospace HX parts are not there. 

Did you put the HX folder in the GameData folder or did you put it in the B9 aerospace folder? B9 and HX get installed like two seperate mods.

36 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

I installed b9 aerospace and b9 aerospace HX, but only b9 aerospace works, as in the b9 aerospace HX parts are not there. 

Please follow the first link in my signature for instructions on how to find and upload your output logs.  If I can inspect these logs I can probably identify the problem immediately.

34 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Please follow the first link in my signature for instructions on how to find and upload your output logs.  If I can inspect these logs I can probably identify the problem immediately.

I'm not currently on my computer, this is an output log before I noticed the problem, but the problem will still have been there: 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6F294D80B5D8B123!6741&authkey=!AE7PlESbT6GujJE&ithint=file%2ctxt

6 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

I'm not currently on my computer, this is an output log before I noticed the problem, but the problem will still have been there: 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6F294D80B5D8B123!6741&authkey=!AE7PlESbT6GujJE&ithint=file%2ctxt

Umm ... you have another GameData folder inside your GameData folder.  This isn't the way to install mods :P

2 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

Kerbal Space Program is like that by default isn't it, All the other mods work. 

No, all mods should be installed to the root GameData directory.  Some things are not path-dependent so they still work but many things are not.  As it is you're actually missing a bunch of core B9 parts and you probably have a bunch of MM patches applying incorrectly.

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

No, all mods should be installed to the root GameData directory.  Some things are not path-dependent so they still work but many things are not.  As it is you're actually missing a bunch of core B9 parts and you probably have a bunch of MM patches applying incorrectly.

I didn't create the game data folder, so one of the mods must have, and then the rest went in it. 

I'm having a problem with my game starting. It gets to a certain point then it gets stuck loading adapters and prevents my game from loading. It's on an SSD so it's not that it's a hardware issue.

Edited by Dawnbandit

1 minute ago, Dawnbandit said:

I'm having a problem with my game starting. It gets to a certain point then it gets stuck loading adapters and prevents my game from loading.

This might not work/not be the best way to fix it: 

Open ksp launcher and change the settings so they are lower, this may work, as you may be running out of memory. 

Just now, bradwiggo said:

This might not work/not be the best way to fix it: 

Open ksp launcher and change the settings so they are lower, this may work, as you may be running out of memory. 

Not a memory issue, I have task manager open and KSP is only using 2.4 GB out of the 4 Gb a 32 bit program can use. I have 12 GB of RAM total.

Just now, Dawnbandit said:

Not a memory issue, I have task manager open and KSP is only using 2.4 GB out of the 4 Gb a 32 bit program can use. I have 12 GB of RAM total.

Make sure you don't have a game data folder inside the game data folder. 

P.S. I just found this out literally 10 minutes ago, so it may not work. 

1 minute ago, bradwiggo said:

Make sure you don't have a game data folder inside the game data folder. 

P.S. I just found this out literally 10 minutes ago, so it may not work. 

No game data folder inside the game data folder.

13 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

I didn't create the game data folder, so one of the mods must have, and then the rest went in it. 

You probably copied the GameData from some mod's download into yours, whereas you're supposed to merge them.  Many mods are distributed with a GameData folder in the download so you know what to merge in.

19 minutes ago, Dawnbandit said:

I'm having a problem with my game starting. It gets to a certain point then it gets stuck loading adapters and prevents my game from loading. It's on an SSD so it's not that it's a hardware issue.

As usual, logs will probably reveal the issue immediately.  Follow the first link in my signature for instructions on how to find and upload them.