[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

I might be able to help you out with that. I'm assuming you just need someone to go through the parts folder in the git-hub repo and add the searchable tags to them? Is there a format that you'd like to use or things that you want standardized?  I don't know how much time I'll have but I could use the distraction.

21 minutes ago, sparkybear said:

I might be able to help you out with that. I'm assuming you just need someone to go through the parts folder in the git-hub repo and add the searchable tags to them? Is there a format that you'd like to use or things that you want standardized?  I don't know how much time I'll have but I could use the distraction.

Thanks for offering to do this!  I'd say just stick to the stock format - use the stock tags and keep them alphabetical if possible.

35 minutes ago, sparkybear said:

Is there a list of stock tags available? if not I can pull them from the existing similar parts.

I can probably write a script to pull them from all the stock parts if you want, but I figured it was easier to just look at similar parts.

Hello @blowfish,

I still consider myself part of the B9 team, so you could have called on me. :) I haven't been active as of late but I am still lurking all the time :wink:

@sparkybear, you said you have limited time and this might require quite a lot of time. Are you going to see this through or do you have doubts you can allocate the time? If it is the second let me do this. This is basically what I have done previously in the B9 team. If not thanks for your assistance :).

Edited by Flashblade

@Flashblade if you'd like to take over I'd still be glad to help. I extracted all of the existing stock tags broken up by category and got started last night. i think it's gonna be a bit easier to finish than I initially thought, so it's something that I could complete in a few days during my free time.

19 hours ago, sparkybear said:

@Flashblade if you'd like to take over I'd still be glad to help. I extracted all of the existing stock tags broken up by category and got started last night. i think it's gonna be a bit easier to finish than I initially thought, so it's something that I could complete in a few days during my free time.

@sparkybear no please go ahead, if you can do this within a few days it is fine.

10 hours ago, FireFaced said:

I tried to install just the structural panels and B9PartSwitch, but the panels don't load. I'll check my log

Model not compiled correctly, says the log.

[LOG 21:22:06.394] PartLoader: Creating part database
[LOG 21:22:06.395] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Panels/Structure_P_Standard-Frame/P1_Universal/B9_Structure_P1_Surface'
[ERR 21:22:06.399] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Structure_P_Standard-Frame/P1_Universal' as model does not exist

[ERR 21:22:06.400] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 21:22:06.400] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 21:22:06.400] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

5 hours ago, FireFaced said:

Model not compiled correctly, says the log.

Hidden Content

The folder in GameData still has to be called B9_Aerospace.  Alternately, you could go into each of the part cfg files and update the model paths.

Now this is happening:

Spoiler

[LOG 16:21:05.139] PartLoader: Loading part database
[LOG 16:21:05.139] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Panels/Structure_P_Standard-Frame/P1_Universal/B9_Structure_P1_Surface'
[LOG 16:21:05.153] EffectList: Created 11 effect types
[ERR 16:21:05.160] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'TweakScale'

[LOG 16:21:05.179] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Panels/Structure_P_Standard-Frame/P2_Universal/B9_Structure_P2_Surface'
[EXC 16:21:05.190] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype].get_Item (Int32 index)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.get_CurrentSubtype ()
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
    PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
    Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A.MoveNext ()
[EXC 16:21:05.195] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype].get_Item (Int32 index)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.get_CurrentSubtype ()
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.UpdateSubtype (Boolean fillTanks)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.OnStart (StartState state)
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()
[EXC 16:21:35.768] InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
    Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient ()
    Steamworks.SteamController.Shutdown ()
    SteamController.KSPSteamController.OnDestroy ()

Edited by FireFaced

Just now, blowfish said:

What version of KSP, B9, and B9PartSwitch are you on?

Also, your spoiler tag didn't work.

Spoiler tag fixed, and it's KSP 1196, B9PartSwitch 1.0 (pulled latest version from dev branch on GitHub), panels pulled from B9 6.0.0

Just now, FireFaced said:

Spoiler tag fixed, and it's KSP 1196, B9PartSwitch 1.0 (pulled latest version from dev branch on GitHub), panels pulled from B9 6.0.0

Well since I haven't released any official versions yet, issues like this are bound to happen (AKA use at your own risk).  But I did fix that bug, so re-download B9PartSwitch.

Just now, blowfish said:

Well since I haven't released any official versions yet, issues like this are bound to happen (AKA use at your own risk).  But I did fix that bug, so re-download B9PartSwitch.

Okay, I'll tell you if it's fixed or a different error comes up

3 minutes ago, FireFaced said:

Okay, I'll tell you if it's fixed or a different error comes up

Appears to be fixed

34 minutes ago, FireFaced said:

@blowfishpro Could you direct me to the source file in B9PartSwitch that interacts with the KSP GUI?

There's really not much to it - it just uses the stock UI_ChooseOption to display the part switching sliders.  The relevant file is here, but if you're trying to understand it, you're probably better off just reading this post: