[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

8 minutes ago, Tomato29 said:

Hi, sorry for annoying you with my problems with B9 parts but something really weird happens to me with my lander made with rescaled B9 parts; if he goes up to 6000 meters on earth everything explodes and if I use hyperedit to put it in orbit as soon as I time warp the game everything explodes like before. does anybody had this issue? and do someone knows how to get rid of that issue?

Rescaling, as in tweakscale?  (1) Tweakscale is not supported with any of the switchable parts (for the moment) and (2) This sounds like a Tweakscale issue.

19 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Rescaling, as in tweakscale?  (1) Tweakscale is not supported with any of the switchable parts (for the moment) and (2) This sounds like a Tweakscale issue.

weird, I just rescaled every part (in cfg files) like that I wouldn't have to rescale with tweakscale, and it does the explosion at 6000 meters anyways... I'm using a few other mods, ask if you want me to list them (they are parts pack, not mods used to tweak parts like tweakscale or something)

Edited by Tomato29

1 minute ago, Tomato29 said:

weird, I just rescaled every part (in cfg files) like that I wouldn't have to rescale with tweakscale, and it does the explosion at 6000 meters anyways... I'm using a few other mods, ask if you want me to list them (they are parts pack, not mods used to tweak parts like tweakscale or something)

Okay, that's odd.  Are you just changing rescaleFactor?  And for what parts?

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Okay, that's odd.  Are you just changing rescaleFactor?  And for what parts?

yep that's rescalefactor I'm changing, (divided by 3) but I changed the ressources too for proportions: I divided by 3 ressource amounts, and reduced a few things like maximumheat and breaking torque, breaking force, etc. I changed the rectangular universal module I switched after into a fuel tank, the rectangular hangar I switched into a 1-large-entry hangar, the square SAS module, the square flat universal module, and the rectangular docking port. oh, and I forgot to tell you, I have parts tweakscaled, but these are the non-switchables structural flat panel. I'm using B9 legs and lamps, I think that's everything from B9 I used. I'll post a screenshot of that lander once my ksp starts

1 hour ago, Tomato29 said:

yep that's rescalefactor I'm changing, (divided by 3) but I changed the ressources too for proportions: I divided by 3 ressource amounts, and reduced a few things like maximumheat and breaking torque, breaking force, etc. I changed the rectangular universal module I switched after into a fuel tank, the rectangular hangar I switched into a 1-large-entry hangar, the square SAS module, the square flat universal module, and the rectangular docking port. oh, and I forgot to tell you, I have parts tweakscaled, but these are the non-switchables structural flat panel. I'm using B9 legs and lamps, I think that's everything from B9 I used. I'll post a screenshot of that lander once my ksp starts

To be honest I have no clue what could be causing this.  I have heard that there might be issues with Hyperedit right now, so that might be part of it.

E: If you think this is worth investigating you could see if the same thing happens with un-rescaled parts or with stock parts.

Edited by blowfish

17 hours ago, blowfish said:

To be honest I have no clue what could be causing this.  I have heard that there might be issues with Hyperedit right now, so that might be part of it.

E: If you think this is worth investigating you could see if the same thing happens with un-rescaled parts or with stock parts.

stock parts works as a charm, but there's still an explosion with original non rescaled parts, that's weird. For Whiskybob, I'm using ksp 1.0.5

http://imgur.com/a/68G9h

screenshots of that lander

Edited by Tomato29

10 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

How much longer till 1.1 release

Probably a few days, 1.1 just came out yesterday so just stay calm, play ksp, and keep playing ksp, and before you know it the mod will be updated

Just now, Deimos007 said:

Probably a few days, 1.1 just came out yesterday so just stay calm, play ksp, and keep playing ksp, and before you know it the mod will be updated

Ok. It's just... I get a little nervous every time an update happens for anything because I feel like all the mods I love or weapons I have or whatever will be obsolete or removed or just not work. Cough Destiny year two cough cough

Just now, Fireheart318 said:

Ok. It's just... I get a little nervous every time an update happens for anything because I feel like all the mods I love or weapons I have or whatever will be obsolete or removed or just not work. Cough Destiny year two cough cough

One day isn't enough to loose sleep over. 1.1 has brought some very substantial changes with it. And it will take some time to update everything. So as Deimos007 stated. Keep calm and enjoy a heavily modded 1.0.5 and just wait a couple weeks before asking about 1.1 updates.

(Just a heads up the moderators have instituted a ban on repeatedly asking for updates, so just be aware and read back a few pages before asking / repeatedly asking)

Hey Blowfish!

First off, I just want to say I am always blown away by the detailing and extraordinary content in your mod. I love using it, and I always keep an eye out for updates when KSP updates.

However, since I'm running a somewhat under-powered machine, installing all the parts makes loading the game take quite a long time. I was wondering if there was at all any chance of having, aside from a master pack, individual parts packs that users can pick and choose from? For instance, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE your RCS thrusters and monoprop tanks. Those are an absolute must for me. I'd love to have a pack that's just the RCS parts if that is at all possible. I completely understand if it's not in the cards, it's just a 'would be nice if' kind of thing.

Thanks for all  your hard work. Eagerly awaiting the 1.1 update.

Edited by Smokescale

3 minutes ago, Smokescale said:

Hey Blowfish!

First off, I just want to say I am always blown away by the detailing and extraordinary content in your mod. I love using it, and I always keep an eye out for updates when KSP updates.

However, since I'm running a somewhat under-powered machine, installing all the parts makes loading the game take quite a long time. I was wondering if there was at all any chance of having, aside from a master pack, individual parts packs that users can pick and choose from? For instance, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE your RCS thrusters and monoprop tanks. Those are an absolute must for me. I'd love to have a pack that's just the RCS parts if that is at all possible. I completely understand if it's not in the cards, it's just a 'would be nice if' kind of thing.

Thanks for all  your hard work. Eagerly awaiting the 1.1 update.

If you want help trimming down a parts mod... We are here to help. Just delete the folders for the parts you don't want and boom less to load.

(and while it may be light hearted to say things like "can't wait for 1.1" That's kinda like sticking your finger 2 inches from someone's nose and saying "not touching you")

While you didn't technically say it, you really did at the same time...

6 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Why don't you just go and grab the "dev version" (i.e. the GameData/* on the github master branch)? Works well enough in 1.1 for me. Just make sure you use updated Firespitter, RPM and SmokeScreen. Should get you through the rest of the week just fine.

1 hour ago, MaxRebo said:

Just make sure you use updated Firespitter, RPM and SmokeScreen.

And ModuleManager.  And B9PartSwitch, B9AnimationModules, neither of which have official releases so you have to download the git repositories.  If you don't know what you're doing, just wait or stay on 1.0.5 for the time being.  Everyone's lives will be easier that way :)

5 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

@blowfish, if there are any parts I can jump in and help with again, do you have a to-do list with items I can claim?

Nothing right now, but thanks for the offer!  Basically all that's left to do now is review and merge the part tags from @sparkybear, and officially release new versions of B9PartSwitch and B9AnimationModules.  But it's been a busy week so I may not get to this stuff for a few days.

Edited by blowfish

2 hours ago, Gryphorim said:

Will the next release of this pack include retextured mk3 parts with same styling as new mk2?

Also, request, could we get a mk2 air intake in this pack, and maybe a mk2 SABRE?

We do not have any creative staff right now, so no there will neither be new parts or new textures.

Edited by Flashblade

4 hours ago, Flashblade said:

We do not have any creative staff right now, so no there will neither be new parts or new textures.

Understandable. I hadn't heard creative staff had left. Hopefully in future some creative staff come back.