[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

On 5/4/2016 at 7:34 PM, V8jester said:

@blowfish I forgot to say thank you for adding those turbofan pylons back in. Really appreciate you helping me (us) keep some old builds around.

Wait did I actually do this?  I distinctly remember talking about it, but I can't seem to find anywhere I actually did anything.

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Wait did I actually do this?  I distinctly remember talking about it, but I can't seem to find anywhere I actually did anything.

I think the turbo fan pylons are fine. 

Also if yoi want, I can see if can get the landing gear to work. Any problems with the engines, I can get them to work too.

4 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Also if yoi want, I can see if can get the landing gear to work. Any problems with the engines, I can get them to work too.

If you get them working, I'll definitely add them back to the legacy pack.  I'm not aware of any issues with the engines right now.

On 03/05/2016 at 9:49 PM, kickning said:

I reinstalled and everything works properly now. No idea why but thanks for the help anyways.

UPDATE: I was wrong everything doesn't work properly. Getting crashes in vab and hanger.

VAB and Hangar crashes seem to be a general problem for KSP at the moment. It would be as well to make a game save before ever entering the VAB or hangar. On what I've seen, it doesn't seem to be any particular mod. All that blowfish says about getting support is good, but with Squad taking a much-needed holiday there's not much chance of any fixes for a couple of weeks.

20 minutes ago, Wolf Baginski said:

VAB and Hangar crashes seem to be a general problem for KSP at the moment. It would be as well to make a game save before ever entering the VAB or hangar. On what I've seen, it doesn't seem to be any particular mod. All that blowfish says about getting support is good, but with Squad taking a much-needed holiday there's not much chance of any fixes for a couple of weeks.

The random crashes seem to happen most often when destroying parts or on scene changes.  So save your craft in the editor before removing a part, and save your game before you switch scenes.

Okay, question about the VA1 VTOL engine....maybe a good tutorial on how to use the thing is in order, but I'm getting inklings here and there.

Anyway, I can get my craft to fly, mostly.

The "Hover" mode is supposed to keep it in one place at one height (above ground?), right?  Why do the engines almost immediately overheat (1s at most) as soon as I enter this mode?  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  What else might cause these to overheat?

Is there something else I should read to understand how to use these things?

Cheers,

-BS

@barfing_skull.  If you throttle the engines to full without touching the VTOL controls, do they also overheat?

The VTOL module is part of Firespitter and not really something that I understand.  Maybe someone in that thread could help you with how to use it? (this module is also the main reason why I haven't yet been able to get rid of FIrespitter as a dependency).

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

@barfing_skull.  If you throttle the engines to full without touching the VTOL controls, do they also overheat?

The VTOL module is part of Firespitter and not really something that I understand.  Maybe someone in that thread could help you with how to use it? (this module is also the main reason why I haven't yet been able to get rid of FIrespitter as a dependency).

They fly just fine until I try to switch to hover mode.  Controlling the VTOL is fairly tricky, so I was wondering if the engines had some facility for just holding station.  The hover mode has a set altitude function, so I suspect that does something of the sort.

But as soon as I switch to that mode....BAM!  Overheat and explode.

I was kinda wondering where the part came from.  I looked in both Firespitter and B9, but the part was installed under the B9 directory.

Cheers,

-BS

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

That and turbine spin, you'll never get rid of firepitter, it is too good..

My mod uses firespitter and smoke screen. VTOL mode is just an animation, the heat may be caused from other possible reasons. I'll look into it. Also throttle controlled avionics is a great mod for VTOL, it's better then the firespitter hover module.

Got another problem in 1.1.2: now the S3 Hypersonic Section is a weakest spot of the entire craft.

Despite its maximum of 2700 degrees it does explode *before* the airbrakes reach their max of 2000.

(The cockpit is in closed state)

@blowfish

Can I request a small addition to the PartSwitcher mod?

All of my mods used to use IFS (or Firespitter) mainly, like FTP, but now most of them use B9 (most of them use all, but prioritize B9s use if it is available first). I think this is great and actually like B9 a lot better; I think it looks a lot cleaner and I like the slider functions. However, right-clicking parts no longer displays the dry mass of fuel tanks, as an example. I guess I can still determine this information with the middle mouse button (scroll wheel), but I always play on my laptop, and sometimes I don't have my mouse with me so I can't do this with my trackpad.

Would you be willing to implement this feature as an optional display, maybe? I don't have a lot of technical knowledge with the coding behind KSP mods, so I apologize if this actually belongs in the FTP mod thread, but I believe this functionality comes from the part mesh switcher thing mod (used to be IFS and it did display the dry mass this way), so I figured this mod is the one to ask this from.

It'd be really helpful to be able to easily see this information for when I can't mouse3 click, and because I'm just used to being able to see it by right clicking anyways.

Thanks for your time and an awesome mod. :)

2 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

Got another problem in 1.1.2: now the S3 Hypersonic Section is a weakest spot of the entire craft.

Despite its maximum of 2700 degrees it does explode *before* the airbrakes reach their max of 2000.

(The cockpit is in closed state)

Well, it's pointy and at the front of the craft, so it's going to receive a lot of heat.  Is this on ascent or re-entry?  If it's re-entry, have you tried a shallower descent with a higher AoA (>45 degrees is desirable)?  Maybe skip off the atmosphere a bit to spread the heat over a longer period of time.  If it's on ascent ... I've had problems with ascent heating even with stock parts.  Is this behavior significantly different from stock?

15 minutes ago, KocLobster said:

@blowfish

Can I request a small addition to the PartSwitcher mod?

All of my mods used to use IFS (or Firespitter) mainly, like FTP, but now most of them use B9 (most of them use all, but prioritize B9s use if it is available first). I think this is great and actually like B9 a lot better; I think it looks a lot cleaner and I like the slider functions. However, right-clicking parts no longer displays the dry mass of fuel tanks, as an example. I guess I can still determine this information with the middle mouse button (scroll wheel), but I always play on my laptop, and sometimes I don't have my mouse with me so I can't do this with my trackpad.

Would you be willing to implement this feature as an optional display, maybe? I don't have a lot of technical knowledge with the coding behind KSP mods, so I apologize if this actually belongs in the FTP mod thread, but I believe this functionality comes from the part mesh switcher thing mod (used to be IFS and it did display the dry mass this way), so I figured this mod is the one to ask this from.

It'd be really helpful to be able to easily see this information for when I can't mouse3 click, and because I'm just used to being able to see it by right clicking anyways.

Thanks for your time and an awesome mod. :)

It should be pretty easy to implement actually (just another module that displays the total wet/mass mass/cost).  Was there anything else you were expecting other than wet/dry mass/cost?

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

It should be pretty easy to implement actually (just another module that displays the total wet/mass mass/cost).  Was there anything else you were expecting other than wet/dry mass/cost?

Do you mean like additional suggestions or things I feel are missing? If so, I wanted to clarify that fuel tanks and FuelTanksPlus was just an example. I had hoped for basically exactly what you mentioned, displaying the dry mass/total mass/part cost would be great. Also, (again, like what IFS does and I used to see) showing the mass of all the different resources would also be very helpful. Like units of resources and their related masses. All of this information could maybe go above everything else? In my install, this would be directly above the Scale slider (TweakScale).

So maybe for example:

Spoiler

Dry mass: 400kg
Total mass: 16,400kg
Cost: 3800

Resources:
Liquid Fuel: 1440 (7,200kg)
Oxidizer: 1760 (8,800kg)

Again, I totally understand if you choose not to implement this. I realize that this information is kind of redundant because it can all be viewed through other means. I can only speak for myself when I say that I would find it quite helpful to be able to see all of this information in one spot when right-clicking, and that I miss this functionality that I lost when most of my mods switched from using IFS as their main resource/mesh/texture switching mod. All of this information I use for every vessel I end up creating.

A few questions

1:  I cant get Nav to work.  if I bring up the Nav screen and hit GPS or HSI I get a black screeen with a message that something is missing at the top..

2: Because I cant get NAV to work I tried just clicking the locations on the map, and selecting activate navigation.   That way the locations are marked on the nav ball.   However as soon as I do that, I lose the nav ball in cockpit view,  its just a black screen, no error message, just black.  I go back and disable navigation and I get the nav ball back.

I'm kind stuck, with neither working I have no means of navigation from the cockpit.  I have to use external view, which kinda kills the immersion. 

Thanks for any help, and i LOVE this mod,  I have Track IR and a Hotas and KSP is actually one of my favorite flying games now, whod a thunk it.

2 hours ago, Jakerblam22 said:

Probably a dumb question, but where do I download the big engines and stuff not included in the regular folder?

The only truly dumb question is the one you want answered but don't ask (unless you don't ask because it had already been answered).

The big boxy parts (including the one comically oversized engine) are in the HX pack. Any other B9 airplane or spaceplane part you may be looking for that aren't in the main download are in the Legacy pack. All the engines are in the main pack except the HX engine.

Hi folks.

All of my B9 control surfaces doesn't work all of the sudden. Tried just about everything to get them to work again. Right clicking in SPH doesn't show anything. Stock surfaces works fine. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

On 5/8/2016 at 7:59 PM, Wingnutt said:

A few questions

1:  I cant get Nav to work.  if I bring up the Nav screen and hit GPS or HSI I get a black screeen with a message that something is missing at the top..

2: Because I cant get NAV to work I tried just clicking the locations on the map, and selecting activate navigation.   That way the locations are marked on the nav ball.   However as soon as I do that, I lose the nav ball in cockpit view,  its just a black screen, no error message, just black.  I go back and disable navigation and I get the nav ball back.

I'm kind stuck, with neither working I have no means of navigation from the cockpit.  I have to use external view, which kinda kills the immersion. 

Thanks for any help, and i LOVE this mod,  I have Track IR and a Hotas and KSP is actually one of my favorite flying games now, whod a thunk it.

This does sound frustrating, but it also sounds like a very difficult issue to debug.  Does it happen with RPM on the stock cockpits?  Is there a way to replicate without having an active survey contract?

8 hours ago, von Fabricius said:

Hi folks.

All of my B9 control surfaces doesn't work all of the sudden. Tried just about everything to get them to work again. Right clicking in SPH doesn't show anything. Stock surfaces works fine. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Please read "how to get support" in my signature.  No way to debug issues like this without logs.

Here are some errors when loading textures and model from the LOG file:

Spoiler

[LOG 00:42:24.859] Load(Model): B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/Mount

[ERR 00:42:24.861] Texture 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/model001' not found!

[LOG 00:42:25.113] Load(Model): B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_MK5/model
[ERR 00:42:25.117] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!

[ERR 00:42:25.117] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 00:42:25.126] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!

[ERR 00:42:25.126] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 00:42:25.129] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!

[ERR 00:42:25.129] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[LOG 00:42:52.745] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Control_RCS_Blocks/Port_R1/B9_Control_RCS_Port_R1'
[WRN 00:42:52.750] Warning on PartSubtype Shielded on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part B9.Control.RCS.Port.R1: No transformes named RCS-1-Shielded found

[LOG 00:43:52.580] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'B9_Aerospace/Spaces/Body_MK2_Cockpit_A/body_mk2_cockpit_a_iva/body_mk2_cockpit_a_iva'
[LOG 00:43:52.581] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'cam'

Edited by Galenmacil

KSP: Newest version 32/64 bit

Problem: B9 control surfaces don't work at all

Mods installed:

Mods.png

Reproduction steps:

Use any command pod. Attach any b9 control surface. Right-click doesn't show menu to edit yaw, pitch and so on. Control surface non responsive when flying.

Log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85758461/output_log32.txt

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85758461/output_log64.txt