[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

19 hours ago, King Something said:

He has an outdated Module Manager (2.6.6). Think that might have something to do with the shenanigans upon which he is frowning?

And his Squad folder was last updated in April, which means he isn't running KSP 1.1.3

I am running 1.1.3, since the pre-release and I will update madule manager, thank you for telling me it was out of date.

On 7/10/2016 at 8:47 PM, blowfish said:

Couldn't replicate ... it seems that the "undock" action only appears on one of the two ports, but it seems like that's the way it works with stock ports.  Tried with one CDP port and one stock port, and with two CDP ports and I was able to undock in both cases.  Could you clarify that the undock action doesn't appear on either port, and if so, could you provide a craft/save file the reliably exhibits the issue (ideally using only stock and B9 parts)?

The undock action only appears for the CDP port. I was able to load a quick save file that put me before I attempted to undock, however I received the same results.

8 minutes ago, WDZOrangeJuice said:

The undock action only appears for the CDP port. I was able to load a quick save file that put me before I attempted to undock, however I received the same results.

So are you saying that (1) The undock action only appears on one of the two docking ports (stock behavior) or (2) The undock action appears on neither docking port (problem)

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

So are you saying that (1) The undock action only appears on one of the two docking ports (stock behavior) or (2) The undock action appears on neither docking port (problem)

The undock action only appears on the CDP docking port.

But after attempting the action, the craft remains docked and I no longer have the action to undock.

5 minutes ago, WDZOrangeJuice said:

The undock action only appears on the CDP docking port.

But after attempting the action, the craft remains docked and I no longer have the action to undock.

Okay, that makes more sense.

But taking another look at your log, it looks like it hits a crash before even getting to the main menu.  Are you sure you uploaded the right log?  Make sure you got the log immediately after experiencing the issue.

14 hours ago, blowfish said:

Okay, that makes more sense.

But taking another look at your log, it looks like it hits a crash before even getting to the main menu.  Are you sure you uploaded the right log?  Make sure you got the log immediately after experiencing the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3d1ruc51vex3nc/output_log.txt?dl=0

My bad, I gave you the wrong log I guess. 

27 minutes ago, WDZOrangeJuice said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3d1ruc51vex3nc/output_log.txt?dl=0

My bad, I gave you the wrong log I guess. 

I can tell immediately that a lot of your mods are out of date.  Probably one of them is responsible for this exception "MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'."  That is an artifact of some mods that were built for 1.1.2 (whereas you are on 1.1.3), and it sounds like it's causing similar issues for various people with a number of mods (most of which have since been updated), though it sounds like it shouldn't be anything specific to that docking port ... do any part actions work for you?  Do the stock docking ports exhibit the behavior you mentioned?

Probably not the cause of this issue, but Trajectories is producing a lot of exceptions.  It doesn't look like it's updated for 1.1.3.  You might want to remove it until it updates.

Also, mostly unrelated to this issue, but I noticed you are doing two things that I highly do not recommend: (1) Running KSP out of Program Files and (2) Modding your Steam install.  (1) Can cause all sorts of weird issues, particularly with mods, because Windows restricts programs being able to save data there.  (2) Can cause issues because Steam will automatically update KSP even when you have incompatible mods ... and this might be part of the cause of your issues here.  Both can be solved by copying the entire KSP Folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program" somewhere outside of Program Files and modding it there.

On 7/13/2016 at 3:43 PM, blowfish said:

I can tell immediately that a lot of your mods are out of date.  Probably one of them is responsible for this exception "MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'."  That is an artifact of some mods that were built for 1.1.2 (whereas you are on 1.1.3), and it sounds like it's causing similar issues for various people with a number of mods (most of which have since been updated), though it sounds like it shouldn't be anything specific to that docking port ... do any part actions work for you?  Do the stock docking ports exhibit the behavior you mentioned?

Probably not the cause of this issue, but Trajectories is producing a lot of exceptions.  It doesn't look like it's updated for 1.1.3.  You might want to remove it until it updates.

Also, mostly unrelated to this issue, but I noticed you are doing two things that I highly do not recommend: (1) Running KSP out of Program Files and (2) Modding your Steam install.  (1) Can cause all sorts of weird issues, particularly with mods, because Windows restricts programs being able to save data there.  (2) Can cause issues because Steam will automatically update KSP even when you have incompatible mods ... and this might be part of the cause of your issues here.  Both can be solved by copying the entire KSP Folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program" somewhere outside of Program Files and modding it there.

That's what I thought after I posted; I realized how many mods I had that weren't updated. So I guess it's just my KSP then, not B9.

Outside docking though, part actions work fine. I can still transfer fuel between crafts and such.

Also, I never knew running KSP in Program Files wouldn't be recommended. Another thing is that I know that Steam updates regardless of incompatible mods, it is just my fault for not updating all of my mods (since I started building my station between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3.

Sorry for causing all this trouble, I should've known better.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm having problems with crew portraits. To be more specific I can't see the crew portraits and can't press c to enter the cockpit. This has been going on since 1.1. It really bums me since I wanted to use the free Iva mod I got. Any help? 

3 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

Hello, I'm having problems with crew portraits. To be more specific I can't see the crew portraits and can't press c to enter the cockpit. This has been going on since 1.1. It really bums me since I wanted to use the free Iva mod I got. Any help? 

It all looks fine in my end.  Is it possible you have some other mod that's removing the IVAs?  Could you try re-installing B9 and RasterPropMonitor?  If none of that works, could you provide you KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache?

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

@blowfish

part = B9_Body_Mk2_Cockpit_Intake

Bottom of the config, the FAR geometry thingy, references the other Mk2b cockpit (see below)

@PART[B9_Body_Mk2_Cockpit]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
    @MODULE[GeometryPartModule]
    {
        %forceUseMeshes = True
    }
}

Good catch.  Will be fixed in the next version.

9 hours ago, blowfish said:

It all looks fine in my end.  Is it possible you have some other mod that's removing the IVAs?  Could you try re-installing B9 and RasterPropMonitor?  If none of that works, could you provide you KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache?

I have free iva. I also used raster prop in the past but this weird glitch would happen: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143334-ksp-cockpit-glitch/

but I just installed free Iva and I've been having problems since 1.1. I don't think I could see crew portraits back until about 1.0.5  

EDIT: I reinstalled raster prop and the cockpit glitch didn't appear but I still don't have Iva functionality. These are my graphic settings: m.imgur.com/a/FzNV7

Edited by TwinKerbal
Situation update

47 minutes ago, TwinKerbal said:

I have free iva. I also used raster prop in the past but this weird glitch would happen: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143334-ksp-cockpit-glitch/

but I just installed free Iva and I've been having problems since 1.1. I don't think I could see crew portraits back until about 1.0.5  

EDIT: I reinstalled raster prop and the cockpit glitch didn't appear but I still don't have Iva functionality. These are my graphic settings: m.imgur.com/a/FzNV7

Did you try re-installing B9 and all of its dependencies?  If that didn't work, the next step is to provide logs.

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

Did you try re-installing B9 and all of its dependencies?  If that didn't work, the next step is to provide logs.

I have. I'll send you the logs when I get back from work. 

@blowfish

MK5 Cockpit uses the HL Cockpit IVA (B9_Cockpit_HL_Internal) same as the HL Cockpit. However, the HL Cockpit has the RasterPropMonitorComputer Module while the MK5 Cockpit does not, nor can I find it in any of the RPM patches.

Also, what's the advantage of using the module = CommandPod as opposed to module = Part? Is there one, or is that a holdover from bygone days?

edit: I'd also add the size2 MK5 weighs more than the size3 HL...

Edited by Deimos Rast

22 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@blowfish

MK5 Cockpit uses the HL Cockpit IVA (B9_Cockpit_HL_Internal) same as the HL Cockpit. However, the HL Cockpit has the RasterPropMonitorComputer Module while the MK5 Cockpit does not, nor can I find it in any of the RPM patches.

Also, what's the advantage of using the module = CommandPod as opposed to module = Part? Is there one, or is that a holdover from bygone days?

edit: I'd also add the size2 MK5 weighs more than the size3 HL...

All this dates to way before my time.  The command pod masses do seem off, maybe I'll think about trying to rebalance them at some point.

I get the impression that the Mk5 command pod was a very unfinished part.  But I'll take a look at the things you mentioned at some point.

10 minutes ago, 50calkerbin said:

What is the difference between the normal pack, the Legacy pack, and the HX pack, if so can i install all of them, and how. :)

I already know how to install mods normally by the way. 

The regular pack contains most of the parts.  The HX pack contains the big blocky sci-fi parts.  The legacy pack contains the old Mk1/2 parts and wings.  

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

The regular pack contains most of the parts.  The HX pack contains the big blocky sci-fi parts.  The legacy pack contains the old Mk1/2 parts and wings.  

So do I just unzip them all and then just put them all in the gamedata folder or do I have to do something special.

22 minutes ago, 50calkerbin said:

So do I just unzip them all and then just put them all in the gamedata folder or do I have to do something special.

Yes.  Note though: the HX pack contains some duplicate dependencies from the main pack so only install B9_Aerospace_HX from the HX pack

41 minutes ago, blowfish said:

All this dates to way before my time.  The command pod masses do seem off, maybe I'll think about trying to rebalance them at some point.

I get the impression that the Mk5 command pod was a very unfinished part.  But I'll take a look at the things you mentioned at some point. 

Well the description says it's "temporarily using the HL cockpit interior while a new one is being developed" so you're probably right there. My point was that the interior it's currently using requires the RPM computer, but it doesn't at present have the module.

Thanks again for maintaining this.:)