[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Hey guys,

I build a heavy lifter SSTO spaceplane using the MKIV system and the Sabre engines from B9 with the corresponding precooler and airintake. I set up my action groups as followed : 1 = Toggle engines, 2 = Switch engine mode and toggle air-intake. Once on the runway I hit 1 to active the engine which fires up in Airbreathing mode. If i hit 2 the engines get switched, the airintake closes and if the engine was still running the Closed circle mode fires up. After that I am unable to shut down or restart the engines with action group 1. I have to activate 2 (going to airbreathing again) to potentialy shutting them down or if I want to restart them I have to toggle them in Airbreathing mode and switch mode again. In short : once I switch the mode I cant shut down/restart the engines properly. By rightclicking on an engine I can still start it manualy even though the action group does not work.

To specify, I am using this ship unmodified for a long time and the problem just suddenly appeared. I tried altering the action groups from toggle to one for activating and one for deactivating the engines, i tried using staging, drone controle, deinstalled all non essential mods for that plane, made a fresh game install but the "bug" persist.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hello ppl,

I've got an issue here. I've installed the Mod + HX parts, but i'm not seeing any of those huge blocks from the HX mod/pictures. The only part i'm seeing is the the HX1 reactor thing. I've insalled the main mod and after the HX parts, overwriting any asked for. Anyone knows if the parts aren't implemented yet or there are any issues that keeps me from seeing them? Thanks for the help.

7 hours ago, Morderisk said:

Hello ppl,

I've got an issue here. I've installed the Mod + HX parts, but i'm not seeing any of those huge blocks from the HX mod/pictures. The only part i'm seeing is the the HX1 reactor thing. I've insalled the main mod and after the HX parts, overwriting any asked for. Anyone knows if the parts aren't implemented yet or there are any issues that keeps me from seeing them? Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forums!

Please read "how to get support" (first link in my signature) - it will tell you how to find and upload KSP's log.  Nothing special should be needed to get the parts to show up, so something must be installed incorrectly, and examining the log will usually reveal what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so i just downloaded B9, and im having an issue. None of the B9 parts are connecting to each other. They have the Green "you can connect these two parts" haze, and then i try to connect them and it loses it connection point and turns red. They do this for each other, and the stock parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

34 minutes ago, Mun Man said:

Hey, so i just downloaded B9, and im having an issue. None of the B9 parts are connecting to each other. They have the Green "you can connect these two parts" haze, and then i try to connect them and it loses it connection point and turns red. They do this for each other, and the stock parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like something is throwing an exception.  No way to tell what without seeing logs.  Please read "How to get support" in my signature for instructions on how to find and upload KSP's log.

2 hours ago, SpaceCommanderNemo said:

Hey, maybe I'm missing something... But I'm having bad luck with my Turbojets. They can't take much aerodynamic force without breaking off, and they can't be strutted. Is there anything I could do?

Not sure what might be causing this ... are the stock jets any different in this regard?

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

Not sure what might be causing this ... are the stock jets any different in this regard?

Not to my experience. At least not Panthers, junos, or wheeslys. A quick glance at the cfg, I see there's a "breakingForce=75" (or breakingTolerance? Something like that) that isn't defined in stock engines...

I thought I read somewhere here about B9 parts being weak with stock aero? Am I making that up? 

2 hours ago, SpaceCommanderNemo said:

Not to my experience. At least not Panthers, junos, or wheeslys. A quick glance at the cfg, I see there's a "breakingForce=75" (or breakingTolerance? Something like that) that isn't defined in stock engines...

I thought I read somewhere here about B9 parts being weak with stock aero? Am I making that up? 

Back before 1.0 aero changes, B9 didn't really work well with stock aero, but that's no longer the case.

breakingForce=75 should just override the default value which is 22, so this should mean higher breaking tolerance.

Which B9 engines specifically are you trying with this?  I'll try to reproduce when I have time.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Which B9 engines specifically are you trying with this?  I'll try to reproduce when I have time.

The turbojet, the D-T70? The non-vectoring, 1.25m afterburning one.

The odd thing is, it does resist breaking quite well... I've seen it pull a complete 360-spin at 15-g's while still "attached". So maybe it's not so much a joint rigidity issue?

4 hours ago, SpaceCommanderNemo said:

The turbojet, the D-T70? The non-vectoring, 1.25m afterburning one.

The odd thing is, it does resist breaking quite well... I've seen it pull a complete 360-spin at 15-g's while still "attached". So maybe it's not so much a joint rigidity issue?

I build a plane with one B9 Turbojet and two Panthers, tried pulling some 20g turns, and was unable to see any breaking, or even bending, on any of them (stock aero, no KJR).  So I'm not quite sure what to say.  If you can give a specific craft (with only stock and B9 parts) and circumstances that reproduce the issue reliably, maybe I can investigate more, but for now it looks like I can't reproduce.

5 hours ago, blowfish said:

If you can give a specific craft (with only stock and B9 parts) and circumstances that reproduce the issue reliably, maybe I can investigate more, but for now it looks like I can't reproduce.

I don't have any craft that would fit that description but I can make a video of it happening; it's a rather common occurrence for me. Again, maybe it's not joint rigidity so much as what keeps it oriented... I do wish it wasn't only this part (just so odd). I mean, I'd expect the same behavior at least from the other B9 engines. I'll record it happening and copy the appropriate log.

Hi friends, save the wings of B9 Aerospace-Legacy Parts Pack no lifting force and not a shortcut menu opens. Begin to work only with the FAR, but I don't need it. Log and a list of mods are attached. Thanks in advance.

http://imgur.com/a/0G9b6

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak_1TiuLwxhltb1czFsM8yYboqW-7Q , https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak_1TiuLwxhltb1czFsM8yYboqW-7Q

5 minutes ago, miromed said:

Hi friends, save the wings of B9 Aerospace-Legacy Parts Pack no lifting force and not a shortcut menu opens. Begin to work only with the FAR, but I don't need it. Log and a list of mods are attached. Thanks in advance.

http://imgur.com/a/0G9b6

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak_1TiuLwxhltb1czFsM8yYboqW-7Q , https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak_1TiuLwxhltb1czFsM8yYboqW-7Q

QuizTechAero Continued has a patch marked :FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] - please inform the author that this will break things.

i have some suggestions.....

- maybe some non-stockalike parts? (custom sized VTOL's and other things, like whats in OPT?)

- expansion to some inline VTOL parts

- some kind of mobile hangar

- engine expansions!

these are just suggestions, not requests (pls try though?)

On 2016/10/2 at 9:50 AM, Squishydoo said:

i have some suggestions.....

- maybe some non-stockalike parts? (custom sized VTOL's and other things, like whats in OPT?)

- expansion to some inline VTOL parts

- some kind of mobile hangar

- engine expansions!

these are just suggestions, not requests (pls try though?)

BAC9 has been inactive for a very long time and the current team fucuses more on maintaining than creating, so new parts may well not be introduced in the predictable future.

As to the moblie hangar, you may like to try those HX parts.

I need help getting ALL the parts when i download it it shows lots of parts but then cant find them i looked up things like the B9 engine in the game data folder still cant get them i tried to download the different versions and i yes i got all 3 b9 mods. I got the firespitter mod too got many different plugins. PLZ HELP 

1 hour ago, kadengosso said:

I need help getting ALL the parts when i download it it shows lots of parts but then cant find them i looked up things like the B9 engine in the game data folder still cant get them i tried to download the different versions and i yes i got all 3 b9 mods. I got the firespitter mod too got many different plugins. PLZ HELP 

Welcome to the forums!  If you are on KSP 1.1.3, you should only use the latest version of B9 (6.1.2).  Start with just the core package for now (ignore legacy and HX).  The package contains a GameData folder, everything in there needs to be placed into KSP's GameData folder.  If things aren't working currently I would recommend starting with a clean KSP install.

If it's still not working, please read "how to get support" in my signature - it will give you helpful tips on how to debug you install and finally instructions on how to find and upload KSP's log - if I can see this I can probably tell you what's installed incorrectly.

@blowfish

Hello my good man,

have you identified anything that needs work besides updated plugins to update B9 for 1.2? If there is some config work that needs to be, because of Kerbnet or Comnet for example, don't hesitate to call on me. I am here to help if the need is there. :wink:

36 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

@blowfish

Hello my good man,

have you identified anything that needs work besides updated plugins to update B9 for 1.2? If there is some config work that needs to be, because of Kerbnet or Comnet for example, don't hesitate to call on me. I am here to help if the need is there. :wink:

The only thing I'm immediately aware of is that it looks like cockpits and probes need ModuleDataTransmitter in order to enable built-in antennas.  If you have time, feel free to take a look at it but I don't think it's a huge amount of work.

Edited by blowfish

23 hours ago, blowfish said:

The only thing I'm immediately aware of is that it looks like cockpits and probes need ModuleDataTransmitter in order to enable built-in antennas.  If you have time, feel free to take a look at it but I don't think it's a huge amount of work.

It certainly is not, but since it needs to be done regardless I am on the job :prograde:

And it is done. :cool:

Edited by Flashblade
task complete

hello all, i know that 1.2 is farely newly released, but looking at OP page, i saw that he said he didn't need to change stuff for 1.1.3, that caused me to think, would this work as it is with 1.2 too? specially when squad didn't mention anything related to aerodynamic changes?

thanks

I imagine it could work, just perhaps not well. There seems to be more part stats and overhauled modules in 1.2 that may need integration (above notes one example: comm links) and/or tweaking (and probably complete overhaul if using the wheels module).

I have 1.2 downloaded but haven't touched it yet as I wait for mods to update. (I dread this because I'm coming in from 1.0.5 and several mods I use even back then were abandoned, much less nearly a year later. Some of the bigger ones have been picked up, but the smaller ones I doubt will see updates.) Still, I'm in no real rush to play KSP, so I can wait. (I actually only use a small handful of parts from B9, at least with 1.0.5. I might keep the whole mod this time around since KSP has a much better backend to handle everything now.)