[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Take your time blowfish, plenty of mods are updated within first hour of release. Probably all of dependencies will be updated within few days.

Hype train for 1.2. has arrived, now it is time for patience ferry.

10 hours ago, blowfish said:

B9 will be broken on 1.2 due to plugin dependencies that need updating.

I've updated Firespitter to the 1.3 version and I'm still having problems with some B9 parts not showing up (0.25m M1b, 0.5m M1b, 1m M1b.  The 2 meter shows up) and some bizarre things happening to the texture on the 2m Mark1b in the SPH.

What other dependencies does b9 have besides Firespitter?

1 hour ago, edrobotguy said:

What other dependencies does b9 have besides Firespitter?

Do you have B9 plugins installed? Look into Blowfish's Github repositories, but it doesn't look like those are ready yet (Part switch is clearly being worked on though)

Oh, @Flashblade in case you have time before I do, 1.2 added a bunch of new part categories.  Some of the B9 parts could to be moved.  I'll probably have time to look at it this weekend, but in case you had time before then I figured I'd just let you know.

Hey, I had a quick question on this mod because I honestly love it and I see you guys working hard so it isn't anything urgent, I was just wondering where on your list of priorities adding a command module to B9 aerospace HX. Is there a separate thread for it, or are all B9 things posted here?

18 hours ago, TAImatem said:

Do you have B9 plugins installed? Look into Blowfish's Github repositories, but it doesn't look like those are ready yet (Part switch is clearly being worked on though)

Well, I have the latest version of b9 installed, but I was wondering about stuff outside of b9 that b9 depends upon.  Looks like Blowfish answered my question.

2 hours ago, CallTheJoJ said:

So, when will this be available for 1.2? This is pretty much my favorite mod, and I'm really hyped for the 1.2 release! :wink:

Welcome to the forums. 1.2 just came out and b9 is one of the bigger mods out there. Give it some time. Another issue is B9 has multiple mod dependencies. Multiple plugins need to be updated to allow b9 to function properly. 

3 hours ago, V8jester said:

Welcome to the forums. 1.2 just came out and b9 is one of the bigger mods out there. Give it some time. Another issue is B9 has multiple mod dependencies. Multiple plugins need to be updated to allow b9 to function properly. 

The good news is that MM and IFS have been updated for 1.2.0, so Blowfish's job of updating B9 has become that little bit easier. It should be ready for release Soon™.

4 hours ago, King Something said:

The good news is that MM and IFS have been updated for 1.2.0, so Blowfish's job of updating B9 has become that little bit easier. It should be ready for release Soon™.

B9 doesn't use IFS.  The switching functionality is all on B9PartSwitch now - at some point I just got tired of the amount of work that Firespitter/IFS modules required and wrote something that (I think, at least) requires a lot less configuration.  Firespitter is still used, but only for things I can't really get rid of it for, i.e. the VTOL engines (ok, there are still a couple of FSanimateGeneric modules sitting around that I haven't bothered to remove yet).  Looks like Roverdude has updated it though.  RasterPropMonitor is required for the IVAs, but looks like that has updated too.  Smokescreen has not, but that may be as simple as poking sarbian to recompile.  The other two, B9PartSwitch and B9AnimationModules, are mine.  I have made all the necessary changes to B9PartSwitch (but haven't released yet).  B9AnimationModules has some code I can probably actually delete at this point (but that's not strictly necessary) and recompile.

I read over in the KW thread that the struts are broken, so it's likely the same has happened to B9.  With the new autostruts (and always with KJR) they're probably not even needed anymore, but removing them would probably break some saves/craft files so if possible I will try to avoid that.  Will try to take a look at them this weekend.

Also, big shout-out to @Flashblade for always helping with the config changes.  I really couldn't do it without you.

10 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

That is it, with this all our outside dependencies are in place. Let's take the Star Citizen approach to software development shall we? No release if it is not good enouigh. :)

Yup, although I just noticed that RPM has only had a prerelease.  I'm a bit iffy on including a prerelease of a dependent mod, and this also means it wont' be in CKAN.  Will have to think about this I guess

Had some time to work on things today.  Good news about the struts is that it looks like they only need config changes.  B9AnimationModules compiled without code changes, although there's some code I should probably remove now that I can get it from KSP.

There have been a couple of complications though.  Unlock cost now has to be an integer, which means that the patch I use to set that value on some fuel tanks caused issues.  Found a solution though, I just added another line to the patch to chop off the decimal and anything after it.

Also discovered that the way some info is displayed in tweakables has changed - for the subtype switcher, if the subtype name is too long, it will get put onto multiple lines, rather than shrinking the text or truncating like it did before.  Not much I can do about that behavior, but I can try to make the subtype names shorter so that it doesn't show up.

Oh yeah right and there is an issue reported with RPM already. I guess waiting is the better approach. As for struts, do we even need them anymore since there is auto-strutting now? Should we put this to popular opinion?

29 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

Oh yeah right and there is an issue reported with RPM already. I guess waiting is the better approach. As for struts, do we even need them anymore since there is auto-strutting now? Should we put this to popular opinion?

They are certainly much less necessary now.  At the very least, maybe they should be moved to legacy.  Thoughts?

Just a quick interlude and FYI regarding the B9 pack and useful parts:

Been playing kerbal since the .24 days, amazing game, and the only one throughout the last few years that I keep coming back to and spending hundreds of hours on. With the previous being said, I would ask that the STRUTS CONTINUE to be a main component. The reason being is that I'm currently using space planes to get to Kerbal orbit, and maybe I'm hauling some serious cheeks with the OPT pack, but my wings keep falling off... yes that's right, not exploding, FALLING OFF lmao. Once I see the wind shear (sp?) the wings just snap off and go buh bye. This wasn't a problem with 1.1.3 because I was using your struts... love those things.

Anyways, just my opinion...thanks for listening!

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

They are certainly much less necessary now.  At the very least, maybe they should be moved to legacy.  Thoughts?

Yes its not necessary now, but the other side that I still need it to access my old save lol . Maybe after a few updates, It should be moved to legacy

8 hours ago, blowfish said:

Agree, should be moved to legacy parts. Should not wait to remove it after few future releases as it will bring even more confusion.
Better to remove it for first KSP 1.2. compatibility release, those folks who need to preserve their craft files have to be instructed to use legacy pack for that.

It will be less confusion to be done right now when everyone expect that something can be broken while migrating to new version of KSP than later on when everything else is settled down.

10 hours ago, blowfish said:

Leave them if its not too much work. I don't trust auto strutting, i tend to build crazy stuff where i ESPECIALLY don't trust auto strutting and B9 struts were always the best looking.

That said... If its too much work... frack it. They aren't vital.

*Finishes reading this thread*

So that explains why the M27 cockpit does not want to work anymore.  I was wondering what was wrong and even checked all the files that makes it work (they are scattered in too many folders, lol).
But fact is, I couldn't find anything wrong.  Incompatibilities in 1.2 it is and the first time in a very long time an update breaks the M27_Cockpit.... I'm actually surprised...  Will be waiting.

Thanks for your hard work on this.