[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

17 hours ago, blowfish said:

Try reinstalling B9 and all of its dependencies from scratch.  If that doesn't work, please read "how to get support" in my signature - it will tell you how to find and upload KSP's log.  Based on that I can probably see what's wrong.

Here's the link to my outpout log https://www.dropbox.com/s/u28u5m1hqn4nysi/output_log.txt?dl=0

I'm not sure but i think is because i've installed the Near Future Propulsion Mod (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47786-12-near-future-technologies-oct-26-bugfix-updates/)

6 hours ago, lilbat said:

Here's the link to my outpout log https://www.dropbox.com/s/u28u5m1hqn4nysi/output_log.txt?dl=0

I'm not sure but i think is because i've installed the Near Future Propulsion Mod (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47786-12-near-future-technologies-oct-26-bugfix-updates/)

Looks like you have old versions of things that you didn't upgrade when moving to KSP 1.2.  Get the B9 prerelease I posted a couple of pages back.

I see a lot of other old plugins that are giving errors too ... KAS, KineTechAnimation, KIS, Infernal Robotics, ToadicusTools, TweakScale, Virgin Kalactic

At this point I would recommend doing a clean install and only installing things that are confirmed compatible with KSP 1.2.  I would also recommend not modding your Steam install directly because Steam's auto-update can leave you in situations exactly like this one where you have a lot of broken mods.  You can copy the entire KSP directory out of Steam and mod it there.

2 hours ago, Kemorno said:

only i wonder what happened to the B9 landing gear? it is so good, and aerodynamic... my though is that they removed it cause in 1.1.x they were bugged and will put them in the 1.2 final release

There are no plans to bring them back unfortunately.  The landing gear setup changed quite a bit, and I don't even have access to the source files to try and get them working again.

@blowfish, I'm testing the pre-release with the stock atmo (of course) in 1.2.1, the B9 engines seems to work as expected, but the wings doesn't behave like wings. Surface controls doesn't move and KSP doesn't reconnaize them as wings/spoiler/surface control.

Do you need my logs?

1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

@blowfish, I'm testing the pre-release with the stock atmo (of course) in 1.2.1, the B9 engines seems to work as expected, but the wings doesn't behave like wings. Surface controls doesn't move and KSP doesn't reconnaize them as wings/spoiler/surface control.

Do you need my logs?

My guess is that some other mod has a FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] patch that's messing things up.  Logs would definitely point to what it is.  Be sure to delete MM's cache before loading KSP to generate the log so that it actually shows what's being done.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

My guess is that some other mod has a FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] patch that's messing things up.  Logs would definitely point to what it is.  Be sure to delete MM's cache before loading KSP to generate the log so that it actually shows what's being done.

You're definitely right, I made a test in a mostly barebone install with just B9 and everything works nominally.

Here's the logs (output.log and KSP.log) of the install where the issue is showing: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6sodt5y8k809c40/AABmsarlXdF18agJ1BtYt-Hga?dl=0

3 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

You're definitely right, I made a test in a mostly barebone install with just B9 and everything works nominally.

Here's the logs (output.log and KSP.log) of the install where the issue is showing: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6sodt5y8k809c40/AABmsarlXdF18agJ1BtYt-Hga?dl=0

The offending mod is KerbalReusabilityExpansion - I would suggest talking to the author about this patch: KerbalReusabilityExpansion/Trunk/TrunkFin_FAR.cfg

4 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@blowfish

Mk5 Cockpit :(

Probably related:

-snip-

Yes we are aware of this problem, but there is no way to fix this since we have no access to the source files of the cockpit or any parts for that matter

Edited by Flashblade

41 minutes ago, MadnessTA said:

Hey, I downloaded the prerelease and could find any of those big rectangular parts in the images. Are they just not finished yet or are they left out of the prerelease?

Neither is the case, you just downloaded the wrong pack. You are looking for B9-Aerospace HX, download, install and enjoy building enormous vessels :wink:

And not to forget welcome to the forums! :D

Edited by Flashblade

4 hours ago, MadnessTA said:

I hope I'm not over stepping boundaries, but could you add construction points into the hollow structural modules? It's really hard to center things without them.

Have you tried Editor Extensions?  It provides some neat features for vertical and horizontal centering

Blowfish, are the HDG gears still considered "broken" ?

After updating to latest B9 Animation i faced a problem: the deployed state is misinterpreted.

A retracted gear remains silent but an extended one opens and closes in a infinite loop

No special messages dumped into log.

5 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

Blowfish, are the HDG gears still considered "broken" ?

After updating to latest B9 Animation i faced a problem: the deployed state is misinterpreted.

A retracted gear remains silent but an extended one opens and closes in a infinite loop

No special messages dumped into log.

The B9 landing gear for planes is broken and will probably not ever return

Yes I see, this is a pretty small issue though. For some reason the gear doesn't automatically end up in the gear action group so pressing that key doesn't do anything. Add the legs to the gear action group by hand and everything works just peachy. Nevertheless we will see about fixing this for the next release. Thanks for reporting :)