[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

quick question, when this is updated, it'll be tested and validated against the new FAR as well, right? FAR and B9 have always gone together like peanut butter and chocolate, so I'm hoping that will remain the case? :)

The nice thing about nuFAR is that it requires even less input than nuStock. Really the only thing that has to be defined explicitly are wing modules and those need no changes from the old version. With nuStock you still need things like drag cubes and cargo bay modules

- - - Updated - - -

why not just do far first, release that, then release the other one that has support for both later?

Most of the nuStock implementation has already been done.

soooo, if i get it right, FAR will not be needed, b9 will work great with the stock aero ?

Stock has no proper part interaction and stuff like wing occlusion, and B9 is mostly about building huge crafts so yeeeeah, I can't really recommend stock. It technically works and things technically fly, but not always like you expect them to.

Indeed I already said a few pages ago that I might tweak parts for stock aero if 1.03 improves things. But as it is now in 1.02 where a plane can turn so hard that it flies backwards until the engines propel it forward again not much tweaking is deserved. :sticktongue:

Good work, guys! Finally got around to testing the dev build this morning, in 1.02, without FAR. Feels good to lob an 8-part HX ship up to 150km with little effort again! So far, the HX set seems to be working fine.

I did however find a little bug with the S2 SAS module. The attachment nodes are wonky, probably just a config fix? Thought you should know.

Keep up the great work!

meqDZ5o.jpg

@JaredTheDragon Thank you for reporting, I fixed the nodes, will be in the next version.

@bac9 What was the description for Experimental Rocketry the HX tech node? I still need to put that in. :)

Sorry flashblade, I must have missed one when I sent the initial batch of configs to blowfish. Good catch JaredTheDragon

The funny part about that is the S2 system was the reason I started updating the nodes. For my own use of the mod.

Good work, guys! Finally got around to testing the dev build this morning, in 1.02, without FAR. Feels good to lob an 8-part HX ship up to 150km with little effort again! So far, the HX set seems to be working fine.

I did however find a little bug with the S2 SAS module. The attachment nodes are wonky, probably just a config fix? Thought you should know.

Keep up the great work!

http://i.imgur.com/meqDZ5o.jpg

I'll fix it in a few days, and add Martian thruster gimbal. Cuz now they didn't work.

@v8jester No need to apologize mate. Believe me I missed a few things during this update and had to go back and change it. Furthermore I don't really consider moving the position of a - work. ;)

@RomanCat The nodes are fixed, no need to do that twice. You are right with KM_Gimbal though. It is not working, very noticeable on the f119 engine. You are welcome to provide that fix. When you are done either send the files to blowfish or me or if you'd like to keep on working with us please create a branch on bitbucket from which to work :)

my game locks up during initial loading when it tries to load the part located in "B9_Aerospace/Parts/Control_RCS_Blocks/Port_R1A/B9_Control_RCS_Port_R1A" not sure what to do to fix it but i'll probably wait till you guys fully release B9 before i try using it, i do have quite a few mods (over 100) so i can compile a list of the mods i'm using if you want incase that is making any incompatibilities.

my game locks up during initial loading when it tries to load the part located in "B9_Aerospace/Parts/Control_RCS_Blocks/Port_R1A/B9_Control_RCS_Port_R1A" not sure what to do to fix it but i'll probably wait till you guys fully release B9 before i try using it, i do have quite a few mods (over 100) so i can compile a list of the mods i'm using if you want incase that is making any incompatibilities.

Check your output_log.txt. Most likely you're just out of memory.

Really? It should be in KSP_Data.

nope, nothing there, but i reduced my mods by a bit, i now only have 89 and it's loading just fine. shouldnt be a memory issue though i have a 2 gig graphics card and 12 gigs of ram.

nope, nothing there, but i reduced my mods by a bit, i now only have 89 and it's loading just fine. shouldnt be a memory issue though i have a 2 gig graphics card and 12 gigs of ram.

KSP is a 32 bit application and as such can only use 4 GB of memory. If it's working now then you were probably running out of memory. If you have (or had) any mods that haven't yet converted their textures to DDS you should probably go yell at them :P

KSP is a 32 bit application and as such can only use 4 GB of memory. If it's working now then you were probably running out of memory. If you have (or had) any mods that haven't yet converted their textures to DDS you should probably go yell at them :P

alrighty, and 89 mods is prrobably a bit much to have right now anyways, i'll probably "try" to condense it down tomorrow but i'll probably just end up adding more mods. >.<

and iw as installing everything with ckan so it should all be updated properly anyways. :P

run1235, if you're using a DX-11 capable graphics card in Windows, the single most helpful adjustment I've seen (or used) was to force Direct X 11, in the launcher shortcut. Right-click your shortcut and click "Properties" down below, and add this line to the end of the target field:

-force-d3d11

This literally cut my RAM usage in half. From 3.6GB on launch (unplayable, crashed at ~3.7GB) to 1.8GB. This way, you can add even more mods as you desire. I'm at roughly 75, with B9 installed in KSP 1.02. Here's a screenshot:

NEuEnFr.jpg

TR037xF.jpg

Okay, I have some unforeseen issues at work and unfortunately I'll have to spend most of my time there in a crunch until we ship our project on June 20th. New MK1 and MK2 parts along with new switcher plugin are probably delayed until then. In the meantime I'll appreciate if someone will test the files I have posted earlier and report any issues via PM or here in the thread. The parts included there have almost final art, but the plugin itself is in verbose logging mode, so expect some minor FPS drops from the strings being constructed - on the bright side, logs should contain enough information for me to pinpoint sources of issues should you encounter any.

Edited by bac9

Thanks for all your work on both, B9PW and this mod too. I can't say that I have much more free time either, but I will try to make some tests as soon as possible from my side and give some feedback.

I'll be testing all the HX and plane parts pretty heavily. I really missed them, since .90. So far, only that one S2 node seems awry and the HX stuff is working great. Not sure how to unheat the things yet effectively, but we'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

run1235, if you're using a DX-11 capable graphics card in Windows, the single most helpful adjustment I've seen (or used) was to force Direct X 11, in the launcher shortcut. Right-click your shortcut and click "Properties" down below, and add this line to the end of the target field:

-force-d3d11

This literally cut my RAM usage in half. From 3.6GB on launch (unplayable, crashed at ~3.7GB) to 1.8GB. This way, you can add even more mods as you desire. I'm at roughly 75, with B9 installed in KSP 1.02. Here's a screenshot:

that actually helped out alot, and i even managed to reduce my mod list so it's even better, thanks.