[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Hi everybody :)

First off, I've been having fun using B9 in my game :D grats to you guys for your continuing work on upgrading/maintaining the mod. :)

Was just wondering if there will be more command and unmanned control parts in the future?

Thanks again in advance! :)

Could this be of interest? Has 6 manned cockpits. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77894-WIP-D12-Aerotech-A-B9-Aerospace-Expansion-(Beta1)

PLEASE someone add link to developer version of b9 aerospace to the first page. It's kinda hard to find in @flashblade 's signature:)

https://bitbucket.org/blowfishpro/b9-aerospace/downloads

Hmm agreed it would be a good idea to get this high up on the first post, maybe even do a change to the thread title to include the dev version. We need an admin or a moderator for this though.

Just a PSA: The landing gear are somewhat incompatible with stock aero. The new stock drag system requires drag cubes to be defined for the deployed and retracted states, and this is managed by the stock wheel module. So because the landing gear use FSwheel, and because I have no way of actually creating the drag cubes, they will always have their deployed drag. Since the landing gear are going to get legacy status anyway, I'm not going to devote resources to fixing this.

Haven't been here in awhile, is there anyway to get this working with 1.0.4, or is it still bugged?

there's the maint/port in blowfishes signature, that's working for 1.0.4, certain stats like price and such arent set up just yet though.

You guys are effin' awesome.. at least some of the B9 parts should be stock, especially some of the cockpits. some of them look way more fitting to ksp then some of the stock units..

keep up the good work, thank you! :)

I think nobody would mind if you started a new thread for B9, and went ahead and "released" it for 1.04. This is really the only way to avoid the question every other day.

As far as I can tell, everything works fine. The tuning and pricing and minutiae don't really impede the usage of the parts, from a user perspective anyway. Even a "BETA release for 1.04" would go a long way. And if it's incomplete, so what? The entire game is incomplete. Nothing to worry about there. ;)

Blowfish, have you considered making a capsule for b9? I REALLY hate the stock capsule, and b9 is so aesthetically pleasing. I've looked around for mods that contain a beautiful capsule but can't find any. ALCOR is a wonderful lander.. but not a capsule :l

Blowfish, have you considered making a capsule for b9? I REALLY hate the stock capsule, and b9 is so aesthetically pleasing. I've looked around for mods that contain a beautiful capsule but can't find any. ALCOR is a wonderful lander.. but not a capsule :l

My art skills are pretty limited, and I've got enough part models sitting around that I need to finish. And as far as my role in B9 goes, I'm really just managing the maintenance port, not adding anything.

Just a PSA: The landing gear are somewhat incompatible with stock aero. The new stock drag system requires drag cubes to be defined for the deployed and retracted states, and this is managed by the stock wheel module. So because the landing gear use FSwheel, and because I have no way of actually creating the drag cubes, they will always have their deployed drag. Since the landing gear are going to get legacy status anyway, I'm not going to devote resources to fixing this.

Is this true with FAR?

Not to be snarky, but you could try reading what you just quoted. It says it is in Blowfish's signature. Now, who posted just 30 minutes before you? Does he have a signature? There you go. :P

Sorry, I don't use this forum often, so i had no clue, thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!

Sorry if I missed the word, but did 1.0 break everything as far as B9 goes? Every update before 1.0 was very swift, and I dont say that to minimize the fantastic work being done by blowfish and everyone else.

Sorry if I missed the word, but did 1.0 break everything as far as B9 goes? Every update before 1.0 was very swift, and I dont say that to minimize the fantastic work being done by blowfish and everyone else.

In a way, 1.0 broke many things that B9 needed to function, nodes, plugins, aerodynamics(?), but many of those things have been fixed and rebalanced, although there are things that still need to be fix.

Hey there. I downloaded the B9 Aerospace Maintenance Port as per the link blowfish's signature. When I start up KSP I can see it's loading the mod, but when I'm in the game I don't see any parts. I copied all of the folders into the correct locations. Is there anything out of the ordinary that I need to do to get this working?

Do you have any other mods? Also do you have Module manager installed? Sometime MM gets confused so if you delete all the files created by MM and reload that will often take care of issues. And did you install everything in the maintenance port download? You can skip the deprecated folder but everything else needs to be installed.

So, thank you for great work!

I have a question about 1.0 update. I have read the first page and know that it will be done when it will be done but I must ask how much of it is done already? Percentwice? Just can't wait to get back to using it!

I doubt there is a discrete "percent" to give. First, there is the "maintenance port" in Blowfish's signature. That is updating current items to be compatible with 1.0.4; it mostly already is aside from balance concerns. Secondly, Bac9 is working on an update to the Mk2 parts and well as updating some core features before there will be an official release. He's been gone for a while and I'm not sure if he's back yet or what his progress is.

So, 60%? Ish?

So, thank you for great work!

I have a question about 1.0 update. I have read the first page and know that it will be done when it will be done but I must ask how much of it is done already? Percentwice? Just can't wait to get back to using it!

The dev port in Blowfish's signature is perfectly usable, already. There may be a few minor problems here and there, but I've been using it for weeks. The HX parts specifically work fine.