bac9

[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Ah right, forgot about the airbrake.  It's broken right now, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  So I guess the craft won't be loadable for the time being.  Sorry.

Wouldn't it be alright to load the craft with the broken airbrakes? They of course don't perform their function, but it won't crash the game right? So they could be loaded and than the broken airbreaks could be removed and stock airbrakes applied and it could be seen whether they fly or don't. ;)

Quote

Kraken be praised! B9 is finally 1.0 compatible!

Nope has been compatible since 1.0.4 :P 

Edited by Flashblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

Wouldn't it be alright to load the craft with the broken airbrakes? They of course don't perform their function, but it won't crash the game right? So they could be loaded and than the broken airbreaks could be removed and stock airbrakes applied and it could be seen whether they fly or don't. ;)

Yup, I use the "Broken" airbrakes on almost all my planes for appearance. Just remember they are only available on blowfish's Maintenance port

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably should chip in to say a few words. A special mention to V8jester for helping with AVP reboot ( yes I know :P) Okay on to the RT compatibility.The first time I added it in, it was a mess... litteraly, ALL the b9 parts suddenly have the ability to transmit science (pretty funny I should say! ;)). After it, I found the issue and fixed it to only cockpits can transmit science.

I think thats it! All props to blowfish for the revival! :)

PS. surprisingly, blowfish gets all the rep for being the main person and those who chip in do not recieve them. (oh well...)

PPS: Airbrakes are broken as blowfish could not change the code from plugin code to stock code. the thingys does not move. sad! :( 

Edited by Joshwoo69
added reason for ze AIRBREAKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SquaredSpekz said:

So we download the b9 5.4 and if we want the 5.4 HX? Dont need the Legacy?

The HX parts are in the B9_Aerospace_HX download.  The legacy pack (B9_Aerospace_Legacy) is different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joshwoo69 said:

PS. surprisingly, blowfish gets all the rep for being the main person and those who chip in do not recieve them. (oh well...)

How does one give rep points in the new forum system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2015, 10:09:09, blowfish said:

Can't replicate.  Try attaching the gear on the other side or clicking "flip side" in the tweakables.

You can edit the two config files in B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_Bar_Indicator.  Replace strings like SYSR_OXIDIZER with what you want (RPM parses the resource names out of them).

This is an area of RPM I really don't know that well.  You might have to do some digging.

"flip side" - i will try that, and I believe it will likely work.  That's an acceptable workaround even though it does not behave the same as other fuselage parts (for me anyway).
B9_Bar_Indicator - sweet, I will do that.  Would you like me to upload my resulting files after verification for others here to use with the Interstellar fuels?
The m/s vs kts thing - I will dig into RPM and see if I can figure it out.  Will post here if I find a way to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is amazing.  I'm definetely going to have B9 parts in My cinematics.

I've been looking forward to a release for a while :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, blowfish said:

The HX parts are in the B9_Aerospace_HX download.  The legacy pack (B9_Aerospace_Legacy) is different.

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, does anyone know where to get the stock craft, or have the craft files?

I wanna use them to base my planes off of, and would really like to get them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ss8913 said:

"flip side" - i will try that, and I believe it will likely work.  That's an acceptable workaround even though it does not behave the same as other fuselage parts (for me anyway).
B9_Bar_Indicator - sweet, I will do that.  Would you like me to upload my resulting files after verification for others here to use with the Interstellar fuels?
The m/s vs kts thing - I will dig into RPM and see if I can figure it out.  Will post here if I find a way to do it.

The RPM author instructed me on how to do it.  Will post the resulting config files here once I've done it and tested it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES, Absolutely THANK YOU ALL who contributed to the new update!! You all ROCK!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davinhi1 said:

Hey, does anyone know where to get the stock craft, or have the craft files?

I wanna use them to base my planes off of, and would really like to get them

You can still get the Ships in the 5.2.8 pack on the Kerbalstuff link...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ships won't work because the airbrakes are missing though.  I suppose you could copy over the airbrakes from the 5.2.8 release too, but they will not work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanx for that clarification, blowfish... :)

But I think he MAY just want them as templates to build NEW craft from, that will work with the update... NOT to use the old craft for actual gameplay?... I dont know, maybe "I" got that wrong...???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nippie1995 said:

Where are the big cube parts?;.;

 

On 11.12.2015, 02:48:40, blowfish said:

The HX parts are in the B9_Aerospace_HX download.  The legacy pack (B9_Aerospace_Legacy) is different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tofufu said:

what happened to the wing parts?

They're in the legacy pack.  You can download it from Bitbucket (follow the maintenance port link in my signature and click on downloads).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ThoughtlessPrograming said:

When will B9 be updated to the most current KSP update

 

it already is *facepalm* :)

Blowfish.. any reason to put the wings in the legacy?

Edited by Joshwoo69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Joshwoo69 said:

Blowfish.. any reason to put the wings in the legacy?

Yes.  I agreed with bac9 that now that B9 pwings are available, (1) The fixed wings are going to be unnecessary for many people (taking up loading time, RAM, and space in the editor), and (2) They are no longer going to be developed anymore.

If they are too inaccessible as it is, I can add the legacy and HX packs to Kerbalstuff and CKAN without too much trouble, but I was really waiting to see if there was any demand for it first.

Edited by blowfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Yes.  I agreed with bac9 that now that B9 pwings are available, (1) The fixed wings are going to be unnecessary for many people (taking up loading time, RAM, and space in the editor), and (2) They are no longer going to be developed anymore.

Wow... I guess I better grab the PWings now and make sure they work for me.... Ever since it came out, I could never get PWings to work at all for me... ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the B9 Pwings to hard to get to the shape you require that's why i have always liked the fixed wing designs of B9, and to be perfectly honest not a huge fan of procedural parts. I am sorry to hear the fixed wont be developed anymore they literally are the best wing components in the game, I would have preferred you kept and developed the  fixed wing and offered the procedural as an alternative.  I would be interested to see how many others prefer your fixed wings over procedural

Edited by Virtualgenius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, so i ran into this problem when i installed B9, The body sections dont work as fuel tanks, their listed as "FSFuelSwitch" capable in the inventory menu but have no right click context menu and no active texture switch. infact all textures are loaded. all at once. As seen below. I have tried using the packaged Firespitter, the one from the forums and even editing the parts to work with FSFuel switch but have had absolutely no luck resolving the problem.

Is there any advice anyone can give?

 

14k8daf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.