bac9

[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

Recommended Posts

Whats the relationship of B9 and Real Plume? I'm not getting any engine effects from B9 engines and I'm thinking RealPlume is the culprit. I tried installing Hotrockets on top of it to see if that helps seeing is how B9 still uses it. No change. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence. If not then I will install B9 to a stock install and start troubleshooting what mod is causing the issue.

Edited by Motokid600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, blowfish said:

You need to install the legacy pack (follow the maintenance port link in my signature and click downloads).  I should really get bac9 to update the OP to say that.

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful response.  I'm now flying the plane that I had been having trouble with via only stock wings.  I have the modular wings now, and I love them, they work great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Whats the relationship of B9 and Real Plume? I'm not getting any engine effects from B9 engines and I'm thinking RealPlume is the culprit. I tried installing Hotrockets on top of it to see if that helps seeing is how B9 still uses it. No change. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence. If not then I will install B9 to a stock install and start troubleshooting what mod is causing the issue.

I doubt RealPlume is compatible with B9 right now, particularly after the 5.4.0 engine changes.  HotRockets hasn't been updated in even longer, but B9 pulls out the relevant parts of HotRockets anyway.  Might be worth stopping by the RP-Stock thread and seeing if they're willing to make an update.  Otherwise just remove the parts of RP that affect B9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, just a question about B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts.
I'm using this mod in ksp 1.0.5 also if it's developed for 1.0.4. seems it work properly, someone know if will be an update for the 1.0.5?
cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SimGuLiM said:

Hello, just a question about B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts.
I'm using this mod in ksp 1.0.5 also if it's developed for 1.0.4. seems it work properly, someone know if will be an update for the 1.0.5?
cheers

This should go in the B9 Procedural Parts thread.  Crzyrndm has been maintaining a fork which appears to be compatible with 1.0.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @blowfish , I'm bit condused. CKAN has B9 Aerospace Pack and B9 Aerospace Props with identical size 61170 KB.

Which one is correct one? ..... O'k - figured out.

Looks like B9 Aerospace Pack - it has props as dependancy

Edited by evileye.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Hello @blowfish , I'm bit condused. CKAN has B9 Aerospace Pack and B9 Aerospace Props with identical size 61170 KB.

Which one is correct one? ..... O'k - figured out.

Looks like B9 Aerospace Pack - it has props as dependancy

CKAN was set up like that so that other mods could use the props - I'm not sure if any still do.  They use the same download, hence the same size (but they install different things).

E: The legacy and HX parts should be arriving on CKAN soon.  All the metadata is set up so it's just a question of when CKAN automatically indexes.

Edited by blowfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had seen and wished this mod a lot of times,today i spotted "b9 aerospace for 1.0.5 and sayd YAY,now im downloading and using the mod :D,however,i may be happy,but my computer wont say the same..."out of memory",but,its worth the mod. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

What dependencies does the HX pack have?

Right now it depends on the core pack.  I could disentangle the dependencies without too much trouble but no one had asked for that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas!

Hey just wanted to say the F-119 turbo fan still has no emissive or exhaust. It works just as it should but no flames.

Edit

wow..... Wet / dry mode now I feel like a dummy.

Edited by V8jester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@V8jester "still" hasn't exhaust?  I was unaware that this was ever an issue and it certainly works fine on my end.  Do you have SmokeScreen and B9AnimationModues installed properly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, blowfish said:

@V8jester "still" hasn't exhaust?  I was unaware that this was ever an issue and it certainly works fine on my end.  Do you have SmokeScreen and B9AnimationModues installed properly?

Sorry I edited my quote, guess you didn't see it. I didn't realize the exhaust is now an after burner toggled with wet / dry modes. My bad I should have looked closer. I knew you couldn't have missed something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, blowfish said:

Right now it depends on the core pack.  I could disentangle the dependencies without too much trouble but no one had asked for that yet.

So as long as I have everything in the core pack it's fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whovian41110 said:

So as long as I have everything in the core pack it's fine?

As long as you have the core pack and all of its dependencies, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How well does this work with Community Tech Tree?  Or is it better to just stick with stock?

I'm looking for a way to do a career mode run with B9, but I'm not sure which is the best way to go about it.    I did a thread search (to the best of my ability, the new forum isn't too clear on how to do that) and there don't seem to be many mentions of career mode that I could find.  So is this mostly meant to be a sand-box mod?

Also, does anyone have a list of other mods that really complement B9?  I know that Ferram aerospace is strongly recommended to fly with the B9 plane parts, but are there any others?

Edited by PTNLemay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PTNLemay Community Tech Tree only adds nodes, so you won't find any issues, but all the B9 parts will be in stock nodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have a question in regards to the pwing textures is there someway to make them resemble the fuselage texture because the best i can get is this dirty grainy looking texture, also has anyone managed to recreate the example aircraft with pwing I tried with the kornbluth but it came out terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has happened to the landing gear for the aircraft that was one of the best parts of the mod 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Hi I have a question in regards to the pwing textures is there someway to make them resemble the fuselage texture because the best i can get is this dirty grainy looking texture, also has anyone managed to recreate the example aircraft with pwing I tried with the kornbluth but it came out terrible.

Can't answer about texture, but you can find some craft examples created with B9PW in thread linked in my signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nucluer said:

What has happened to the landing gear for the aircraft that was one of the best parts of the mod 

They've moved to the legacy pack, so they're still available, but we recommend getting Adjustable Landing Gear instead.  They're much more versatile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blowfish said:

They've moved to the legacy pack, so they're still available, but we recommend getting Adjustable Landing Gear instead.  They're much more versatile.

the air breaks are not in the mod and i don't want to build all the airplanes again and the be re added 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.