[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Built an 8 engine 4 generator delta shaped HX size space plane and it handles fine can get into orbit then return. It's having some problems when it gets lower in the atmosphere in FAR. Trying some spoilers and breaks tonight. HUGE mach 6.9 ships are possible. It's got 3 big cubes of LFO plus two big triangles on the sides. The part count is low ish without landing gear and doesn't bring the cpu to it's knees. I'll post pics when I get home Saturday.

First off, thanks for all of your hard work. This mod is beautiful and I particularly love being able to set fuel options for nearly every module.

I am, however, running into a lot of issues with connection points on HX fuselage parts (at least in the space plane hangar, where I've been working), particularly if there are parts running in parallel alongside them. The universal hubs seem to have very specific but unindicated orientations. They often will not attach to each other or other parts on some sides. The generators will almost never attach to anything via their mount points. I have yet to successfully attach one of the angled structural modules to anything via it's wide-end connection point. At this very moment I'm tryiong to attach the top half of an HX-4U to a pair of adjoining hubs and it will not connect.

So, is there something I'm missing about how the parts interact? I'm finding it very difficult to actually assembla an HX ship in the space plane hangar. All suggestions are welcome.

First off, thanks for all of your hard work. This mod is beautiful and I particularly love being able to set fuel options for nearly every module.

I am, however, running into a lot of issues with connection points on HX fuselage parts (at least in the space plane hangar, where I've been working), particularly if there are parts running in parallel alongside them. The universal hubs seem to have very specific but unindicated orientations. They often will not attach to each other or other parts on some sides. The generators will almost never attach to anything via their mount points. I have yet to successfully attach one of the angled structural modules to anything via it's wide-end connection point. At this very moment I'm tryiong to attach the top half of an HX-4U to a pair of adjoining hubs and it will not connect.

So, is there something I'm missing about how the parts interact? I'm finding it very difficult to actually assembla an HX ship in the space plane hangar. All suggestions are welcome.

It's the same deal with the stock structural hubs, so it's probably not a B9-specific issue. My usual strategy is to just rotate them until I find an orientation that works. This can be annoying though. You could also try enabling part clipping, but I don't for sure that it will work.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thinking about it, more and faster particles are likely not to be the answer. As i said, the rocket FX awesome. So whatever you do there, can't you just do the same for jet mode FX?

Beside, videos on YT show that the the flame pattern looks almost stationary.

Because of that, it seems better to put the particles on fixed positions relative the nozzle and only modify their appearance as function of time and position. Let me guess: not possible an KSP/Unity? Still it might be possible to do this with a couple of meshes and geometry/vertex shaders, not using particles at all.

Taverius, this looks nice.

Edit: Hurray! :D And sorry, i guess there are good reasons why things are the way they are :)

http://i.imgur.com/ZUg36zu.jpg

Oh my! Does that thing get to space? I want it!

It's the same deal with the stock structural hubs, so it's probably not a B9-specific issue. My usual strategy is to just rotate them until I find an orientation that works. This can be annoying though. You could also try enabling part clipping, but I don't for sure that it will work.

Well, it's not just the hubs, though it's most pronounced with them, for instance not being able to hang a generator off any open sides of hubs embedded in the structure. Also, I've been trying to jigsaw together pieces from the 2 sizes of HX parts to create a strong overall structure and then fill in the gaps with generators, engines, etc. I'm having trouble even offset-stacking basic components. It just won't let me connect them. It might just be a general game thing that's more pronounced here due to the different building style that I'm using.

aaa..GREAT MOD EVER:cool:

spent more than 3 hrs to make it work, try all possible combination, with mods, with no mods, with Active Texture Management x64 or without it - nothing, funny was this mod in combination with other mods get till game menu

with no other mods crash right when loading like a zilion times

last resort I downloaded again, this time from Curse and guess what, worked at first attempt

well, dunno why, but this pack "B9_Aerospace_Pack-R5.1" made my life difficult

and this one "B9_Aerospace_Pack_R5.1" worked like a charm

I almost never post in this forum, but I thought maybe you guys want to know about this.

p.s: english is not my favorite language :P

edited:

with mechJeb 2 crash like hell :(

Edited by GERULA

Hate to bring this up again, but I'm not sure that the log spam of "Input is null" that occurs with Virgin Kalactic (still in 5.1) node-switcher-on/off stuff is benign. I counted the instances in my output_log and it stands at 146,940 right now. The slowdowns I am experiencing are definitely not fundamentally related to the node-switching DLL, since the same thing happens without it, but they occur much sooner and more frequently with it installed.

I know it's very vague, but there used to be a problem with RasterPropMonitor and the MK2 cockpit in Spaceplane Plus that produced a very similar effect to the one I'm experiencing now, though more pronounced. Same thing as I mentioned before: When you start building in the SPH, it's fine. Some time later, there are brief freezes every 10 seconds or so. Another 10 minutes after that, freezes occur every 2 seconds, and so on. Eventually KSP runs out of memory (I believe...) and crashes. With Spaceplane Plus, the problem was somehow related to RPM cameras (or something), blue cones for which were visible in the SPH when they shouldn't be. The crash with SPP occurred much sooner, but with the same M.O.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe that doesn't even make sense, since this happens with zero command modules present... I think. I give up.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

fixed it for you

DaMichel cool thing bro!

Would you provide a download link, please?

Oh my! Does that thing get to space? I would love to get it my hands on it. Would you mind providing the craft file?

Well, why not, i suppose. Caution: these crafts are incomplete and have issues! Set up RCS, control surfaces, fuel flow etc. for yourself. Also the first craft is overloaded with fuel by default.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hexmoexed7c47wh/B9%20Crazy.craft?dl=0

Btw. i'm enjoying the new release ... Well only the cockpit is a new part. But still B9 is back, and the model swapping plugin makes building things easier. I will have to use this for my spherical tanks, too! :)

MK45lvX.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpq0mc77ecdki0i/B9%20Crazy%20B.craft?dl=0

(12t test payload delivered successfully)

Fun fact: Built according to "gut feeling". I wasn't using FAR's analysis stuff at all, and they still fly reasonably well.

Is there some special intake that is needed to use the CompressedAir thrusters? For the life of me I cant find anything that will keep them filled.

Anything that provides IntakeAir (or IntakeAtm if you're using Karbonite/KSPi) will work with the compressors in the R1As, but the embedded compressors aren't very powerful (by design) and even at sea level they can barely keep up - you will eventually hit empty.

The higher you go, the faster the little tanks of compressed air will empty. Also, they use some ECharge to compress air.

Technically ISP should go up with altitude, but unlike real VTOL ports they don't work off bleed air from the LP Compressor stage in the turbine, but rather steal IntakeAir from the common pool, so if we don't nerf ISP as you rise you can flameout your jets with a stray keypress if you forget to turn them off.

Its actually fairly trivial with the newer ModuleManager builds to make duplicate alternator in all jet engines that creates compressed air, but that would mean you'd need a running jet engine to use them, and we kind of like the weird contraptions people can come up with when they're not linked to a jet engine.

I understand this is a flying parts addon, but would it be possible to get a rover version of the M27 cabin with a single kerb perhaps? Also, how is the docking contraption supposed to work? If I attach it the way it looks like it should go, there is no longer a node to connect the cabin to the rest of the hull. If I put it lower, it looks... out of place, I guess? Thanks either way for this knockout mod! And please, more antennas and that sort of stuff. Satellite dishes, radars that rotate, warning lights, all kinds of doodads! :)

I understand this is a flying parts addon, but would it be possible to get a rover version of the M27 cabin with a single kerb perhaps? Also, how is the docking contraption supposed to work? If I attach it the way it looks like it should go, there is no longer a node to connect the cabin to the rest of the hull.

I have no idea what you're talking about - pictures please.

Screenshot_157.png

Seems to be working ...

Anything that provides IntakeAir (or IntakeAtm if you're using Karbonite/KSPi) will work with the compressors in the R1As, but the embedded compressors aren't very powerful (by design) and even at sea level they can barely keep up - you will eventually hit empty.

The higher you go, the faster the little tanks of compressed air will empty. Also, they use some ECharge to compress air.

Technically ISP should go up with altitude, but unlike real VTOL ports they don't work off bleed air from the LP Compressor stage in the turbine, but rather steal IntakeAir from the common pool, so if we don't nerf ISP as you rise you can flameout your jets with a stray keypress if you forget to turn them off.

Its actually fairly trivial with the newer ModuleManager builds to make duplicate alternator in all jet engines that creates compressed air, but that would mean you'd need a running jet engine to use them, and we kind of like the weird contraptions people can come up with when they're not linked to a jet engine.

I understand how they work, my question is where is the compressor.....

fV5Kms2.png

Oh!

Huh, no idea why its not working for you - the usuals apply, try it on x32 with only B9 and its plugins and see if it still happens, if it doesn't try to figure out which mod is causing it.

Apologies, I was being unclear. I was referring to the C125 Axial Adapter.

Screenshot_158.png

Its just an adapter, no decoupler or docking node on it.

Edited by Taverius

I understand this is a flying parts addon, but would it be possible to get a rover version of the M27 cabin with a single kerb perhaps?

We don't have any 1.25m cockpits, D12 has some variants but they don't have IVAs, problem is that you can't just scale the M27 to 1.25m and call it a day, the old IVA doesn't fit inside the smaller part, and a new IVA would be pretty tiny inside it, unless you do it like D12 and basically just chop of the front glass cage, and remove the lower node etc, that could work somewhat but it's still a cut and shut job, it feels lazy. Tav and bac9 have no real interest in 1.25m planes, and I imagine even less interest in 1.25m rovers, as said it's a plane parts pack, + large HX parts you can store your planes in etc.

It might happen at some point but I got the S3, Mk5 and HX cockpits to overhaul/make and make IVAs for already. Making a new rover focused cockpit doesn't feel that high priority.

Edited by K3|Chris

Oh!

Huh, no idea why its not working for you - the usuals apply, try it on x32 with only B9 and its plugins and see if it still happens, if it doesn't try to figure out which mod is causing it.

Its just an adapter, no decoupler or docking node on it.

Welp, looks like I'm an idiot. I was mounting it the other way, with the two "prongs" pointing forward, using the small node for the docking. It looked more natural to me... eugh.

Version 5.2 released!

Curse may still offer 5.1 download until the file is approved.

zqw5lt0.pngr5ws7xH.pngAXkQOlc.png

• Fixed alternator power on SABRE 250.

• Redone landing gear traction, torque, energy usage, suspension,

deployed drag.

• Disabled CF34/TFE731 blur discs.

• Adjusted thrust dropoff of D30-F7 thrbojet.

• Added max design velocity to air-breathing engine descriptions.

• Fixed HPD closed-cycle sound.

• Increased SABRE gimbal range.

• Fixed L2 Atlas FX.

• Converted VTOL engines to ModuleEnginesFX and HotRockets! FX.

• Enabled engine response time on rocket engines.

• Added FAR/NEAR-only fuel tank to S2W intake.

• Added missing IntakeAir storage to S2W intake.

• Fixed various errors with some ModuleManager code blocks in intakes.

• Added fuel tanks to MK2, VS1 nosecones.

• Added fuel tank to PA panel adapter.

• Fixed MK2 Crew Cabin airlocks.

• Numerous MFD tweaks and fixes.

• Reduced size of some emissive textures.

• Fixed visual state of staging button prop.

• Tweaked MK2 IVA.

• Adjusted HL RPM camera positions.

• Updated CrossFeedEnabler to v3.0.1.

• Updated FireSpitter to git a99fc36c.

• Added transparency support to on-cockpit flags.

• Added CrossFeedEnabler to MT RCS tanks.

• Fixed ECharge/MonoPropellant capacities of many cockpits.

• Added support for Modular Fuel Tanks.

• Added preliminary support for RealFuels.

• Added support for TAC Life Support.

• Minor fixes to ModuleManager setup of FAR/NEAR wing values.

• Tweaked specular maps and UV of S2 crew tanks.

• Updated ModuleManager to v2.3.5.

• DEPRECATED parts are now on the 'hidden' tech node.

• Rebalanced Squad jet engines, fixing stupidly overpowered values.

Version 5.2 released!

Curse may still offer 5.1 download until the file is approved.

http://i.imgur.com/zqw5lt0.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/r5ws7xH.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/AXkQOlc.png

• Fixed alternator power on SABRE 250.

• Redone landing gear traction, torque, energy usage, suspension,

deployed drag.

• Disabled CF34/TFE731 blur discs.

• Adjusted thrust dropoff of D30-F7 thrbojet.

• Added max design velocity to air-breathing engine descriptions.

• Fixed HPD closed-cycle sound.

• Increased SABRE gimbal range.

• Fixed L2 Atlas FX.

• Converted VTOL engines to ModuleEnginesFX and HotRockets! FX.

• Enabled engine response time on rocket engines.

• Added FAR/NEAR-only fuel tank to S2W intake.

• Added missing IntakeAir storage to S2W intake.

• Fixed various errors with some ModuleManager code blocks in intakes.

• Added fuel tanks to MK2, VS1 nosecones.

• Added fuel tank to PA panel adapter.

• Fixed MK2 Crew Cabin airlocks.

• Numerous MFD tweaks and fixes.

• Reduced size of some emissive textures.

• Fixed visual state of staging button prop.

• Tweaked MK2 IVA.

• Adjusted HL RPM camera positions.

• Updated CrossFeedEnabler to v3.0.1.

• Updated FireSpitter to git a99fc36c.

• Added transparency support to on-cockpit flags.

• Added CrossFeedEnabler to MT RCS tanks.

• Fixed ECharge/MonoPropellant capacities of many cockpits.

• Added support for Modular Fuel Tanks.

• Added preliminary support for RealFuels.

• Added support for TAC Life Support.

• Minor fixes to ModuleManager setup of FAR/NEAR wing values.

• Tweaked specular maps and UV of S2 crew tanks.

• Updated ModuleManager to v2.3.5.

• DEPRECATED parts are now on the 'hidden' tech node.

• Rebalanced Squad jet engines, fixing stupidly overpowered values.

Congrats on the release! Glad to see things coming along nicely. This should still work fine with crafts from the last version right?

Congrats on the release! Glad to see things coming along nicely. This should still work fine with crafts from the last version right?

Nothing breaking, no.

You might have to rebind any toggle gimbal action groups, since we went back & forth between stock and KM_Gimbal a few times in between 5.0 and 5.2, and I'm not sure where the tree was at when bac9 released 5.1 :)