[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Hey guys I got a bit of a problem. Maybe I am installing it incorrectly or something but i do the same with every mod, See my b9 is missing a lot of parts for some reason and i don't know why I put the folder in my gamedata folder but it is still missing lots of parts. Thanks and please reply soon!:lol:

7 hours ago, kennty007 said:

Hey guys I got a bit of a problem. Maybe I am installing it incorrectly or something but i do the same with every mod, See my b9 is missing a lot of parts for some reason and i don't know why I put the folder in my gamedata folder but it is still missing lots of parts. Thanks and please reply soon!:lol:

Welcome to the forums!  What parts are missing, and which packages did you install?  Could be that the parts you're looking for are in the HX or legacy pack, and you didn't install them.

4 hours ago, foofie99 said:

I meant can I have the .craft files.....

Probably not. Reason is that picture was taken a long time ago in one of obsolete version of KSP. So, even someone have those .craft files it need to recreate them again.

Those crafts are best used with EL mod or USI MKS/OKS mod that allow to produce crafts in orbit instead of Kerbin, as it can be painfull to put those craft in orbit in one piece.

18 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Probably not. Reason is that picture was taken a long time ago in one of obsolete version of KSP. So, even someone have those .craft files it need to recreate them again.

Those crafts are best used with EL mod or USI MKS/OKS mod that allow to produce crafts in orbit instead of Kerbin, as it can be painfull to put those craft in orbit in one piece.

EL mod?

Hi guys, 

So it's pretty specific, but I have run into a rather serious issue when using the T2 Solid Rocket Separation Boosters, both the retro and normal facing ones, in conjunction with the Tweakscale mod. Whenever I set the scale of the T2s to 75% or lower, the boosters will at some point...fail? and cause my entire craft to be destroyed and send pieces everywhere at super high speed (like 2-3 km/s). When this happens, KSP will either slow waaaay down (like 1 fps or less) until all the affected pieces are destroyed, or will crash outright. I noticed it first using the T2s to bring a craft back to Kerbin, but I was able to reproduce it consistently using just a Mk.1 Command Pod and two T2s, with their scales set below the said limit. The rockets seem to fail when their fuel reaches a certain point, so with the scale set to 75% the rockets explode at about 1% fuel remaining, while it's nearly 20% remaining when at about 60% scale. 

I opened up the debug menu and when it fails, and it spams the message, "Transform error in T2 Solid Rocket Separation Booster", and gives a Null Reference Exception of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  It also says, "Overall bounds error in T2 Solid Rocket Separation Booster."  I don't really know what any of that means, but perhaps some of you with a better understanding might look into it? If it's worth noting, I have used the T2s in this way many times in the past (previous KSP, Tweakscale, and B9 versions) with no issues, it seems limited to KSP 1.1.3, Tweakscale 2.2.13, and B9 6.1.2.  

I will try to provide more info if needed.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hie @potatos and welcome to the forums.

I took a look at the model and I don't see anything out of the ordinary, so could you report this on the Tweakscale thread?  I'd recommend including KSP's log in your post - if you don't know how to find that, instructions are in "How to get support" in my signature.

Sorry if this feels like I'm just pushing the issue elsewhere, but Tweakscale does a lot of strange things to get scaling to work and I don't really understand how it works (there aren't many who do) or what it might be doing that would cause sucn an error.

this might be kinda hard to implement, but what about an S2 widebody deployable cargo ramp? Ive made a series of planes and roves that all fit inside the S2 widebody frame but getting them out so far has always consisted of breaking the ''pod'' open with a decopler. it would be nice if I could make a cargo plane/SSTO for them.

2 hours ago, Keilroy said:

hi for some reason people are having a missing iva when using your mod? im basing it off of this thread here. the only things we have in common are B9 aerospace and JSI. yet we are all having the same issues. edit got logs. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vqbody1ybktlc2z/AAAvzgqrOHclFWeoy4LIB16Pa?dl=0

I can't see any reason why B9 would be causing it, and it's always worked fine for me.  You got the wrong log, but looking at the one JohnWittle posted in the other thread, I do see some exceptions related to RasterPropMonitor.  If you can't reproduce the issue with no B9 but with RasterPropMonitor, then confirm that adding B9 brings the issue back, I'll take a closer look.

4 hours ago, Keilroy said:

ive run it without B9 and it works very well. a crash here or there but i have a lot of mods so i figure its ram related. i think RPM and B9 are conflicting somewhere.

Forgive me for still being skeptical, but RPM is a dependency for B9, so if there was a conflict others would probably have noticed it by now.  At any rate, I tried on my test install (B9 + Dependencies + a couple of other things) and found no issue either with stock cockpits or with B9 cockpits.  So something else has to be going on.  Can you replicate the issue with only B9+Dependencies installed?

On 7/30/2016 at 0:07 AM, kcs123 said:

Or you could use HyperEdit

13 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

Or you could use HyperEdit

Well, everyone have their own fun. I use HyperEdit only in a hurry for testing some bug behaviour, not trough regular gameplay, but if someone want to do stuff trough HyperEdit, let him. That is some other person game.

6 hours ago, marino said:

I have been installed the mod but it doesn't work 

Did you install it properly? Do you also have the latest version of the various dependencies installed?

Read and follow the instructions in @blowfish's signature, and then he can help you get B9 working.

Log is your friend -- it's better than Bad, it's Good!

Well, I've always enjoyed building big, but B9 HX (now my favorite mod) has allowed me to build bigger than I ever thought possible. This is a mixed blessing. I love it, but my computer hates it. Mostly because of the size of the textures. The crafts I build often push it into the 'seconds per frame' range. Man oh man it's cool, though.

1 hour ago, GoldenDragon 1076 said:

Help! For some reason i cant attach b9 parts directly to other b9 parts. It acts like i can,but the node vanishes when i click.

i have installed it correctly and i double checked i got the right one. i have 64-bit kerbal and hyperedit and kerbal alarm installed please help.

Welcome to the forums!  Please read "How to get support" in my signature - it will tell you how to find and upload KSP's log.  Whatever this error is will probably show itself in the log.